Ronin SC Fujifilm compatibility
24300 74 2019-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
txel
lvl.2

yes...
I change the mode from video to photo and pressing the trigger button on the ronin only produces the focus but never the shot ...
How awful!
I opened a support ticket to DJI days ago but they still haven't answered

2019-10-6
Use props
PilleniusMC
lvl.3

txel Posted at 10-6 00:50
yes...
I change the mode from video to photo and pressing the trigger button on the ronin only produces the focus but never the shot ...
How awful!

Have you checked the connection, it might just be, that it isn't inserted enough.
2019-10-6
Use props
anuk
lvl.2

Hello owners of new Fuji cable. Did anyone checked if it works with camera's (x-t3) bracketing mode?

Replying own qestion ;) If anyone intrested in future, yes it does, it basicly triggers any function you choose on Your fuji camera's dial. Finally

2019-10-15
Use props
txel
lvl.2
Spain

PilleniusMC Posted at 10-6 00:24
Shouldn't you just need to switch the camera modes to photo instead of video?

The cable does not work, I have referred the problem to DJ support.
It works perfectly with a normal manual trigger but the RSS cable only shoots video and for it to work with photos you have to take it halfway.
Please someone have this problem?
SOS
SOS
SOS

Ronin SC+Fuji RSS+ XT2

2019-10-27
Use props
evgenovalov
New
Russia

There is a problem with RSS Control Cable - you will not be able to charge your camera from Ronin-SC, since the port on Ronin will be occupied by the RSS cable.

There is one solution: write a letter to Fujifilm asking you to add a new USB Mode: “Charging and shooting only” so that the shutter control can be transmitted via USB.

I invite everyone who reads this message to send a mail to Fujifilm with this request. And write a comment in Fujifilm Instagram with #DjiFujiCompatibility tag to be noticed. Let's go!

2019-11-2
Use props
Smashey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29406 ft

Ireland

Hi All
First post so go easy. I've an XT3 and a Ronin SC on its way to me. I was curious about the cable shown above because like you all I'm after full functionality with this gimbal or at least all the claimed functions.

Looking at txel's video (thanks for that) it looks like this could be something DJI could address in firmware. In stills mode the cable works to simulate a half shutter button press (Auto Focus) when its seated correctly. I'm assuming the signals the Fuji needs are contact closures between any two of the three contacts of the minijack. We can't be sure which contacts are used for this 'half press' command - but DJI have this bit correct so lets look at the second part of the video...

Now with the minijack part way out it seems like the shutter release command is working too. This tells us more as we can be sure the only two contacts in use on the Fuji minijack socket are the outside (Sleeve) and middle (Ring) . We can also be sure the signal from the Ronin via the RSS cable is going through just the minijack plug middle (Ring) and inside(Tip) connections. This would make the logic the reverse of the image ZavDV put up in an earlier post though?

Here's my guess:-
The red button on the Ronin SC (I've yet to get m,ine so I cant be sure) is just a simple push button - either on or off. The shutter release on your fuji is a two stage button so has 3 states. Its not going to be possible for one button on the DJI to do 2 things at once. It might be a simple firmware fix to change the still behavior from autofocus to shutter release but they'd need to map a second button to the RSS signaling in order to do both.

So FUJI - it would be simpler if you would offer full shutter button functionality to third party  manufacturers via the USB as you guys have already stated. It would benefit ALL gimbal manufacturers not just DJI and further enhance Fuji's rep amongst film makers
2019-11-9
Use props
Smashey
lvl.2

Ireland

Smashey Posted at 11-9 03:51
Hi All
First post so go easy. I've an XT3 and a Ronin SC on its way to me. I was curious about the cable shown above because like you all I'm after full functionality with this gimbal or at least all the claimed functions.

Sorry
Reading the manual, I see the camera control button on the Ronin does register a half press - so this should be fixable in firmware from the DJI side of things - fingers crossed

2019-11-9
Use props
txel
lvl.2
Spain

Smashey Posted at 11-9 07:39
Sorry
Reading the manual, I see the camera control button on the Ronin does register a half press - so this should be fixable in firmware from the DJI side of things - fingers crossed

Thanks for your comment. The problem remains unsolved ... DJI has informed me that they have sent a new cable to verify that it is not a manufacturing problem.
I agree with what you say .. it could be a firmware problem
2019-11-13
Use props
evgenovalov
New
Russia

Great news!

Fujifilm plans to release an update for cameras, which will support gimbals via USB. The release is planned in mid-December. Congratulations, we were heard!

Source: https://www.fujirumors.com/fujifilm-to-release-firmware-update-for-fujifilm-x-t3/
2019-11-14
Use props
txel
lvl.2
Spain

evgenovalov Posted at 11-14 05:14
Great news!

Fujifilm plans to release an update for cameras, which will support gimbals via USB. The release is planned in mid-December. Congratulations, we were heard!

For users of the Xt2 and Xt1 is not good news.
Is Fuji forgetting us too?
2019-11-14
Use props
Smashey
lvl.2

Ireland

txel Posted at 10-27 11:14
ronin cable failure

Hi txel
This doesn’t help you at all but maybe a further clue. My SC arrived today and I’d already sourced one of the rss to Fuji cables so tried it in my x-t3. I’m getting normal function for start stop recording in video mode and in stills mode half press triggers auto focus and full press fires the shutter. So for me the cable is working as advertised. Unfortunately still no time lapse function etc. And if they’re focussing (no pun intended) on the Fuji usb-c port in their next firmware release then I doubt the mini jack cable function will be improved upon
2019-11-20
Use props
txel
lvl.2
Spain

Smashey Posted at 11-20 15:13
Hi txel
This doesn’t help you at all but maybe a further clue. My SC arrived today and I’d already sourced one of the rss to Fuji cables so tried it in my x-t3. I’m getting normal function for start stop recording in video mode and in stills mode half press triggers auto focus and full press fires the shutter. So for me the cable is working as advertised. Unfortunately still no time lapse function etc. And if they’re focussing (no pun intended) on the Fuji usb-c port in their next firmware release then I doubt the mini jack cable function will be improved upon

Thanks Smashey
2019-12-8
Use props
Smashey
lvl.2

Ireland

Another update...

Tried the cable with an X-H1 and found the following. Stills control was as expected and as you'd experienced. The video control seemed incorrect in the way you'd found with the X-T2. Half press triggered AF but a further full press did nothing. Then I tried again - finding that if I go straight to a full press I can start/stop recording but if I pause on the half press for more than half a second the full press has no effect. Is this the same with the X-T2 I wonder?
2019-12-8
Use props
User646a69
lvl.2
Germany

txel Posted at 10-27 11:14
ronin cable failure

Deart all, @DJI Mindy

I can confirm that a DJI Ronin SC RSS Cable for Fuji (Part 16) ,which I received today, does not work as advertised with my X-T2 (Firmware 4.30). For Stills, no matter the mode i have selected, the camera will not trigger the sutter. For Video, Ronin-SC can start recodring. I could trigger the shutter with the plug half way in.

The whole idea was to be able o trigger in all modes (i.e. bracketing mode).  Since the USB Cable does not allow for that or video recording.

I am puzzled as to why DJI released this. It is very frustrating to put time and money into something just to realise, that it does not work.

In condradiction to what Smashey said, I beliebe DJI will fix that via Firmware or update of the Ronin App (i.e. a Camera selector).
Because if not, for me, it puts a big question mark on the purchase of the Ronin-SC.

Best Regards

2019-12-13
Use props
User646a69
lvl.2
Germany

User646a69 Posted at 12-13 08:58
Deart all, @DJI Mindy

As an adendum to my post.
A simple adapter for the RSS Cable could do the trick for the X-T2.

Best regards
2019-12-13
Use props
txel
lvl.2
Spain

User646a69 Posted at 12-13 09:41
As an adendum to my post.
A simple adapter for the RSS Cable could do the trick for the X-T2.

I think all roniin sc-fuji xt2 users should ask DJI for a solution.
2019-12-13
Use props
txel
lvl.2
Spain

I have sent this text to the DJI support service since I have been waiting for a solution for months

I am very sorry for the lack of commitment to your customers.
My problem remains unresolved and other people with the same problem appear in DJI forums. We have a product that is incapable of doing what you say.
We need a solution
2019-12-15
Use props
fans59877e77
lvl.2
Flight distance : 101532 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans7c91fd5b Posted at 9-23 22:17
I just received the Ronin-SC RSS Control Cable for Fujifilm today. With it, the red button on the Ronin-SC triggers both shutter release for photos and start/stop for video recording. Additionally, the Ronin app also now successfully triggers video recording when using the motion track function. I did not have time to test more functionality than this.

Have you had a chance to test motion tracking/active tracking on x-T30?
2019-12-26
Use props
txel
lvl.2
Spain

fans59877e77 Posted at 2019-12-26 09:47
Have you had a chance to test motion tracking/active tracking on x-T30?

The cable is not broken, it is a failure of the connector design.
DJI has sent me a new cable and the problem is the same.
When the cable is connected, the camera focuses but does not shoot.
In order for it to shoot, you have to take out the camera's connector a little bit.
At the moment I don't have any solution and I don't know if it's a firmware problem or a bad design of the adapter.
(with a normal remote trigger it works perfectly)
I'm waiting for an answer from DJI
2020-1-8
Use props
User646a69
lvl.2
Germany

Dear all,

just a brief update on the topic.
With the release of update Firmware: v1.4.0.30 the issue with the Fuji-RSS for X-T2 has been fixed.
I can now focus with half press and trigger shutter with full press.

Thanks for the fix DJI!

Best regards
2020-1-18
Use props
txel
lvl.2
Spain

User646a69 Posted at 1-18 06:02
Dear all,

just a brief update on the topic.

Photo and video shooting does indeed work.
But with this update it doesn't work: Timelapse and Panorama...
The gimbal makes the movement and the camera seems to shoot but does not shoot the picture. This is still a disaster and we users are the laboratory of the experiments
2020-1-24
Use props
User646a69
lvl.2
Germany

txel Posted at 1-24 10:23
Photo and video shooting does indeed work.
But with this update it doesn't work: Timelapse and Panorama...
The gimbal makes the movement and the camera seems to shoot but does not shoot the picture. This is still a disaster and we users are the laboratory of the experiments

You are right - Pano and Timelapse is broken. I did not test all  "Create" functions.

At the time of my post I did not re-test that. I just tested Stills / Video Focus & Shutter button.
I used video after the firmware update, but didnt use either function until lately to discover exaclty that.

DJI, this is a very simple fix for you.  Please implement this swiftly. The products been out long to enought that theese kind of flaws have to be fixed.
Besides, you had it right before.

@DJI Mindy, Please escalate this to Software Engineers to have this fixed fast. As I pointed out, this shouldnt be much of a hassle! It was correct before

Best regards

2020-4-15
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

User646a69 Posted at 4-15 09:40
You are right - Pano and Timelapse is broken. I did not test all  "Create" functions.

Hi All:

As a potential work around for time lapse, would it not be possible to use the built in intervelomer on the X-T2 and X-T3?

Don Barar
2020-4-15
Use props
ROB2020
New

Qatar

txel Posted at 1-8 11:37
The cable is not broken, it is a failure of the connector design.
DJI has sent me a new cable and the problem is the same.
When the cable is connected, the camera focuses but does not shoot.

hai Txel

Were you able to solve the issue if so please advice was planning to buy the same ronin SC gimbal with RSS cable
2020-6-3
Use props
txel
lvl.2
Spain

ROB2020 Posted at 6-3 10:28
hai Txel

Were you able to solve the issue if so please advice was planning to buy the same ronin SC gimbal with RSS cable

No.
The problem is the same DJ has only partially solved this problem with the latest firmware.
Video recording can now be activated but timelapse and other photo functions do not work
2020-6-3
Use props
txel
lvl.2
Spain

ROB2020 Posted at 6-3 10:28
hai Txel

Hi Rob:
I don't recommend buying...
DJ doesn't solve the problems of his products. Months go by without an answer to these problems
2020-6-4
Use props
PilleniusMC
lvl.3
Germany

Fujifilm is working on opening up their ecosystem more finally, but it is a slow process, so we might not see really good support for another six to seven months.
2020-6-5
Use props
Smashey1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173422 ft
Ireland

looking at the compatibility page for X-T4 it looks like we've lost the ability to control focus on that model - can anyone confirm this? Obviously if this is the case Fuji have changed something in the code for this new body.
2020-6-7
Use props
PilleniusMC
lvl.3
Germany

Smashey1 Posted at 6-7 04:36
looking at the compatibility page for X-T4 it looks like we've lost the ability to control focus on that model - can anyone confirm this? Obviously if this is the case Fuji have changed something in the code for this new body.

Yes, there were changes in the X-T4 which makes the code incompatible. We need to wait until the Ronin-SC/S is getting a full update to support the new behavior, but the firmware of the X-T4 already supports it.
2020-6-8
Use props
Smashey1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173422 ft
Ireland

PilleniusMC Posted at 6-8 02:17
Yes, there were changes in the X-T4 which makes the code incompatible. We need to wait until the Ronin-SC/S is getting a full update to support the new behavior, but the firmware of the X-T4 already supports it.

Hold that thought

See the latest firmware update 10th June!!

I don't have the X-T4 btw so cant test that
2020-6-12
Use props
XDhee
New

Philippines

Please, make it possible also for us, XT100 users o use Ronin SC.... I got mine yesterday  
2020-8-20
Use props
djiuser_dUzhP02VVP02
New

United States

txel Posted at 2019-9-6 10:00
My camera is a Fuji Xt2

The support offered by ronin sc is ONLY FOR PHOTOGRAPHY

Well said!!! Completely agree. Fuji cameras are also not cheap, and fuji is known for taking care of their customers thru firmware. I have a Graphite XPro2 and was so disapointed to find its an expensive paperweight on the Ronin SC. Shame on both companies for not addressing the issue together. Fuji should realize that in such a niche market they can't afford to loose comparability. Not being able to use any buttons or adjust settings on the fly is a MAJOR issue. Putting the gimbal to sleep mode is not a solution, neither is fumbling around with the fuji app on my phone. My sony works great on the Sc. Fuji wake up!
2020-10-4
Use props
XPaulo
New
Luxembourg

Hello all,

After reading all of this, I'm not sure if pressing the record button on the ronin-SC successfully starts the recording process on an XT2. All devices have latest firmware as of 06/2021.
If I'm in record mode, with the cable connected from Ronin USB-C to Fuji microUSB input, it switches to photo mode.
I also read that Fuji's SDK doesn't allow for video start to be called... but then why does it work via the same physical connection from my Pixel TW-283TX remote controller?

Actually, I first tested on an old v2.1 fuji firmware where I think it worked. Then updated to 4.4 and it now shows this behaviour and I'm not doubting that it ever worked on v2.1..
Thanks for an update
Paulo
2021-6-13
Use props
Dannylux
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53406 ft
Italy

Dear friends, we are on February 21, 2022 and the Ronic SC is always incompatible with the functions for which it was created, with the Fuji X-T4.
Using the supplied USB-c cable I can only start video recording but be careful not to touch the auto focus touch screen before starting recording because Fuji X-T4 locks completely and I have to turn it off and on again to unlock it. Crazy!

Instead I can use the auto focus - touch screen only after starting the recording then it works. However, all the other functions are absolutely not accessible such as the pre-auto focus that should be obtained by pressing the red button of the Ronin SC halfway and the photo shoot.

That doesn't work either.

2022-2-21
Use props
txel
lvl.2
Spain

The RoniN SC was a failed and defective product. DJi did not know how to solve the problem.
I ended up selling the Ronin for half of what it cost, and it was an absolute disappointment with this brand.
2023-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules