Drone with rain protect
2852 11 2015-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gabex Andrade
New

Brazil

Guys, good morning!

What could happend if i'm fly with the inspire one and suddenly start to rain? it will resiste time enough to landing? How i can protect it from this problem?

Thanks for the help!
2015-6-9
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

You could simply check the forecast before you go out, as well as the satellites etc. .  

If there is rain forecasted  don't fly.  If it does rain and your aircraft is in the air, land straight away and cease flying until rain stops.
2015-6-9
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Mate, just don't fly the I1 if there's a chance of rain - not designed to operate in that environment.
If you want to fly in all weather conditions you are spending many many more times the $$ that an Inspire will cost you!
And this one doesn't even have a payload attached!

2015-6-9
Use props
Gabex Andrade
New

Brazil

GB44 Posted at 2015-6-9 21:31
You could simply check the forecast before you go out, as well as the satellites etc. .  

If there  ...

I know... but in my city if it's a sunny day, can suddenly star to rain. That is my problem!
2015-6-9
Use props
Gabex Andrade
New

Brazil

Farnk666 Posted at 2015-6-9 21:37
Mate, just don't fly the I1 if there's a chance of rain - not designed to operate in that environmen ...

i undestood... but what is the name of this drone? i liked
2015-6-9
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Yes but you are missing some key points.

When you fly in the rain regardless of the type or increased cost of the UAV, the frequencies that the controllers and the aircraft communicate with each other can be affected or reduced in rain, which could cause coms failure between the aircraft and controller.   The other point is that any payload you attach is probably not waterproof.  Some cameras including the likes of the GoPro are available with underwater housings,  but you will not be able to control pitch or yaw whilst in their waterproof housings, you will simply have the camera fixed on the aircraft and press start button on camera.  

Best advice is any signs of rain, don't fly.  If you decide to fly and the weather changes suddenly, then get it home and land it quickly.  If your flying the Inspire, and within 500m VLOS, you would be close enough to get it back quickly should it start to rain, but thats at your risk.
2015-6-9
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Australia

Gabex Andrade Posted at 2015-6-10 01:28
i undestood... but what is the name of this drone? i liked

Microdrones MD4-1000
A very solid piece of kit that is designed for such conditions.
They had one cross the Alps last year in a single flight.

We have used them for inspection work trials - really nice gear.
But... you are looking at some significant dollars - well past anything DJI makes.
2015-6-9
Use props
Gabex Andrade
New

Brazil

Farnk666 Posted at 2015-6-10 07:48
Microdrones MD4-1000
A very solid piece of kit that is designed for such conditions.
They had one ...

Ok... Thanks for the help!
2015-6-10
Use props
Starship
lvl.4

United States

2015-6-10
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

I guess in that case you would need the follow me function.  Sorry I could not resist.  Yes they are working on it and no I don't know when.  
2015-6-10
Use props
Starship
lvl.4

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-11 01:12
I guess in that case you would need the follow me function.  Sorry I could not resist.  Yes they a ...

You know, that drawing has, unfortunately, set my mind in motion.  I have a lightweight umbrella, a Phantom 1 that I rarely fly anymore, and time on my hands.......... those things add up to the probability of imminent stupidity in my back yard.
2015-6-10
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Australia

Starship Posted at 2015-6-11 03:20
You know, that drawing has, unfortunately, set my mind in motion.  I have a lightweight umbrella, a ...

Video is mandatory - from at least 3 perspectives and with one at 120Fps minimum.
Emergency services on site and waiting..

MAKE IT HAPPEN!!
2015-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules