MIMO app not staying connected to camera on Osmo Mobile 3
9160 25 2019-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
XTasey
New

* I posted this in a different thread but maybe this is the better forum to get a response.  I just received my OSMO MObile 3 today so any assistance would really be appreciated.  Would be nice to be able to use the product.

OK just received my
OSMO Mobile 3, my first DJI product, and the issues with the MIMO app not working are a bitter pill when I was SO EXCITED about getting this product!  Here is the low-down.
My phone:  Android - Motorola Moto e5 play
Android version: 8.0.0

*The OSMO Mobile 3 unit appears to be working fine. I fully charged it, rubbed my hands together in glee and set about attaching the phone.  Then the pear began to take shape...

The problem:
  • MIMO sees the OM3 in Bluetooth
  • I press the onscreen "CONNECT" button
  • Changed to white device screen while the Bluetooth magic happens, seems to work fine to that point
  • REturns to the home screen and now the "CONNECT" button is replaced by "CAMERA"
  • I press "CAMERA" and for a couple of seconds, the camera screen appears but then returns to the MIMO home menu and is no longer connected

What I've tried so far:
  • Looked for a solution to issue on forums with no luck finding a decent fix (I did get some ideas but that is about it)
  • Turned off Mobile 3 and phone and restarted while grumbling expletives - no change
  • Reset all connections (WIFI, Bluetooth)  - No change
  • Prayed to the DJI Gods - ivory tower cretins did not answer, tsk tsk (joking...)
  • Uttered more expletives and then set about writing this gem of a REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE

Help me DJ-ONE your my only hope!
2019-9-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi all, DJI has identified a recent issue affecting some customers using the Mimo App for Osmo Mobile 3 on several Android systems.
DJI is currently finalizing an update to the Mimo app which will resolve this issue. Periodically, devices and software require automatic updates. A recent automatic update to a security feature has affected the operation of the Mimo app for some customers using Android. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and in the meantime, please use the native camera app or another 3rd party app.
Thank you for your continued support.
2019-11-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi XTasey, Osmo Mobile 3 has better compatibility with Bluetooth 5.0, what is the Bluetooth version of your mobile phone?
Please ignore all the Bluetooth of Osmo Mobile 3 in your Bluetooth Settings, then reset the Bluetooth by pressing the M button, Shutter Button and Trigger simultaneously when the system LED becomes yellow. Then enter the DJI Mimo to connect again.
2019-9-6
Use props
djiuser_mutH3rsrcBAa
New

DJI Mindy Posted at 9-6 02:47
Hi XTasey, Osmo Mobile 3 has better compatibility with Bluetooth 5.0, what is the Bluetooth version of your mobile phone?
Please ignore all the Bluetooth of Osmo Mobile 3 in your Bluetooth Settings, then reset the Bluetooth by pressing the M button, Shutter Button and Trigger simultaneously when the system LED becomes yellow. Then enter the DJI Mimo to connect again.

I have the same issue, tried the suggestion and same problem.
2019-9-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_mutH3rsrcBAa Posted at 9-7 02:09
I have the same issue, tried the suggestion and same problem.

What is the model of your mobile phone and the Bluetooth version? Any chance to try a phone in our compatible list: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ibility_List_en.pdf ?
2019-9-7
Use props
Toy Tear down
lvl.1

Same issue, can supply log files
2019-9-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Toy Tear down Posted at 9-11 02:30
Same issue, can supply log files

Please refer to my in 2# and 5# and provide us with the required information so that we can help, thank you.
2019-9-11
Use props
Toy Tear down
lvl.1

Tried an android with Bluetooth 4.1 and 5.0 in fact multiple Androids that have exactly the same issue. As soon as you choose the camera, it crashes out.
2019-9-12
Use props
djiuser_6jJlhQKn133E
New

Hi!!!
I have the same problem!!
My telephone is a Motorola G6
Please, help us!!!
2019-9-15
Use props
Toy Tear down
lvl.1

Compatible Phones:
Weight: 200 +/-30 g;
Thickness: ≤ 9.5 mm;
Width: 62-88 mm
> $800
2019-9-15
Use props
djiuser_h4x7bFTmJoVY
New

The same problem, MIMO app turns off when tried to open camera menu. Support DJI says that phone is not supported .   Moto e5 plus.    Any ideas how we can fix it?
2019-9-17
Use props
fans89cf9f70
lvl.1

When using my Galaxy Note 10+ with Osmo Mobile 3, the Mobile 3, when connected, balances, pans left, right, up and down. However the  Mimo app not working properly. App opens up, goes through the basic tutorial of what each app button does but then  gets hung up on  the "custom settings" screen. I am able to make changes on that screenI can not get rid of that pop up. No amount of tapping, sliding, touching any of the other application tabs will get rid of the "custom settings" screen. It's also notifying me that there's a firmware update and tapping on that tab is non responsive. Using version 1.2.4 of Mimo, tried uninstalling and reinstalling program, no luck. Also tried resetting the bluetooth connectivity, no luck.

I also tried all the App tabs when not connected and am able to cycle through all the tabs. As soon as I connect, the app then becomes non responsive getting hung up on the custom settings screen.
2019-9-21
Use props
fans89cf9f70
lvl.1

fans89cf9f70 Posted at 9-21 11:34
When using my Galaxy Note 10+ with Osmo Mobile 3, the Mobile 3, when connected, balances, pans left, right, up and down. However the  Mimo app not working properly. App opens up, goes through the basic tutorial of what each app button does but then  gets hung up on  the "custom settings" screen. I am able to make changes on that screenI can not get rid of that pop up. No amount of tapping, sliding, touching any of the other application tabs will get rid of the "custom settings" screen. It's also notifying me that there's a firmware update and tapping on that tab is non responsive. Using version 1.2.4 of Mimo, tried uninstalling and reinstalling program, no luck. Also tried resetting the bluetooth connectivity, no luck.

I also tried all the App tabs when not connected and am able to cycle through all the tabs. As soon as I connect, the app then becomes non responsive getting hung up on the custom settings screen.

Problem fixed by reducing my Text sizing on my phone under settings. However, now I'm gettiing a "phone not balanced" message even though everything seems to be functioning normally (except for that stutter using the Zoom feature).
2019-9-22
Use props
videoChica
New

djiuser_6jJlhQKn133E Posted at 9-15 20:04
Hi!!!
I have the same problem!!
My telephone is a Motorola G6

Me too with the Motorola G6.

The app gets as far as opening the camera, shows the view through the camera for a moment, then crashes and restarts.  Just close enough to where it seems like it's gonna work.  

Is there likely to be a fix for this soon, or do I need to return it?
2019-9-28
Use props
videoChica
New

videoChica Posted at 9-28 17:00
Me too with the Motorola G6.

The app gets as far as opening the camera, shows the view through the camera for a moment, then crashes and restarts.  Just close enough to where it seems like it's gonna work.  

Also, is the Motorola g7 any better?  Both are apparently bluetooth 4.2, though it does seem to be connecting ok.
2019-9-28
Use props
stevefoobar
lvl.1

Unfortunately, when DJI listed compatible phones on their website (and there aren't that many) they were serious. There isn't a single Motorola phone on the list. I can confirm I'm having exactly the same problem with my Motorola G6.

So one has to make a decision. The device seems to work flawlessly in terms of the mechanics and it is amazingly stable but some other Android phone app has to be used to record video. That means you will get none of the DJI MIMO app functionality (face tracking, time-lapse, zoom, etc.) and the trigger and record buttons won't work. The Mode button and the pan slider will work, however. In other words, whatever video app you decide to use will know nothing about the device or the device's buttons.

The device is so amazing it just may be worth keeping anyway, especially if you have other ways to edit vides, either on your phone or on a desktop, laptop, or tablet. I certainly do.
2019-10-4
Use props
Toy Tear down
lvl.1

They need to update the specs on the site as this is totally misleading.

This just makes you think that any phone that size will work. when in fact there is only about a dozen that do.

Great price, if you already have $800+ phone.   
2019-10-5
Use props
Jonytuna
New
France

I have the same terrible issue with Moto G6. DJI, be good, fix that and I will bless you!
2019-10-23
Use props
djiuser_LtT16BCc4Fh8
New
India

Purchased Osmo Mobile 3 and it seems I am facing the exact issue of DJI MIMO app crashing. I own OnePlus 7 Pro (Weighs 206gms) downloaded, activated and did the all prerequisites to get going (even the balancing and calibration), set up the Osmo device on tripod for hyperlapse for 2 hours and in 5 mins or so it's returned back to home showing the 'Connect' button instead of 'Camera' and no video saved. Again did the same thing, but seems the app does not keep up the connection with osmo device. Crashes and return to home.

DJI, a solution will be appreciated on this.
2019-10-28
Use props
djiuser_hMmayamUAeVx
New

Sweden

Jag har samma problem. Stannar an...en en stund,kopplar sedan ner och an...er igen. Och så håller det på. Det här måste dom fixa. Dåligt av DJI som är välkända för stabilisering. GÖR OM, GÖR RÄTT. Använder Redmi note 7.
2019-11-7
Use props
djiuser_hMmayamUAeVx
New

Sweden

Havet same problem. Connecting, disconnect. Over and over. Using Redmi note 7. Bad from DJI ho is well nown for stabilistation. Do it over again do it right. Please FIX ASAP.
2019-11-7
Use props
BigBane
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95538 ft
United States

The same thing happens with Mimo and the DJI Osmo action on my samsung note 10 plus. The app will see the camera briefly connect & then disconnect with a disconnect error message.
2019-11-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

BigBane Posted at 11-11 18:04
The same thing happens with Mimo and the DJI Osmo action on my samsung note 10 plus. The app will see the camera briefly connect & then disconnect with a disconnect error message.

Hi BigBane, DJI has identified a recent issue affecting some customers using the Mimo App for Osmo Mobile 3 on several Android systems.
DJI is currently finalizing an update to the Mimo app which will resolve this issue. Periodically, devices and software require automatic updates. A recent automatic update to a security feature has affected the operation of the Mimo app for some customers using Android. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and in the meantime, please use the native camera app or another 3rd party app. Thank you for your continued support.
2019-11-11
Use props
stevefoobar
lvl.1
United States

Update as of 12/15/2019.

I tried my Android Motorola Moto 6 again today after it not staying connected since I purchased it, and much to my surprise, it now connects and works with the device! I presume DJI either updated the app, the firmware or both. So that's the good news. The bad news is that even though my camera and other video apps support 1920 x 1080 60 fps video, the DJI Mimo app does not.    This means for any video with a fast moving subject, or if I have to pan left and right a lot, I'll still have to use a third-party video app to shoot at 60 fps. I'm hopeful DJI will eventually provide the same functionality on Android as it has on IOS. I know it's more difficult to make apps work on Android because of all the versions and different hardware out there, but Android phones have about the same market share (slightly higher) as IOS in the U.S. so one would think that would motivate them.
2019-12-15
Use props
djiuser_JB1ng8kvznLt
New

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2019-11-11 22:25
Hi BigBane, DJI has identified a recent issue affecting some customers using the Mimo App for Osmo Mobile 3 on several Android systems.
DJI is currently finalizing an update to the Mimo app which will resolve this issue. Periodically, devices and software require automatic updates. A recent automatic update to a security feature has affected the operation of the Mimo app for some customers using Android. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and in the meantime, please use the native camera app or another 3rd party app. Thank you for your continued support.

I am having the same problem so I take it this has not been sorted yet
2020-9-3
Use props
djiuser_m783eFgULCd6
New
France

DJI Mindy Posted at 2019-9-7 18:26
What is the model of your mobile phone and the Bluetooth version? Any chance to try a phone in our compatible list: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Osmo_Mobile_3/Osmo_Mobile_3_Mobile_Phone_Compatibility_List_en.pdf ?
Dear all I would like to know if there was a solution regarding compatibility of Osmo mobile 3 with other phones... I was not aware of that and I have a Huawei Honor 8A first time I connect the phone the stabilizer worked well but since the second time I used it, the screen on DJI mimo APP for camera was black. I found several steps to try to solve this issue but nothing sounds good then I need to know if there is a solution, I can take pictures but like blind. In advance thanks for your prompt support...
2020-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules