Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Group Photography settings ?? anyone
1087 12 2019-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Realstinger
lvl.2

Ok lets talk about best FOCUS we can get shooting 30 people from   30 ft high?? I use HQ 4.3 and  aperature 5.6 or f8  and ISO 100,  SS as high as i can get without being too underexposed.  and using tripod mode for groups, somehow my raw files still get pixel-ated when converting to PDF and JPG files. Please share you top sharpness and focus settings for groups at 30FT .
2019-9-6
Use props
theothernt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 436171 ft

Do you have any samples photos? and what software are you using to export/convert to different formats?
2019-9-6
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft

First thing, dont go near f/8 - you'll kill the image with diffraction.  You want around f/4.  Depth of field is not an issue on the mavic once more than about 10ft away.  Tripod mode makes no difference either, no point in using that for a still.
Best option is ISO100, f/4 and aperture priority.  It'll sort the shutter speed.  
Don't forget to focus on them, check focus (use peaking),make sure the sun isnt behind them and so on.

Then just edit the DNG in lightroom/ps/whatever as usual.

If the image is pixellated, are you SURE you're using the proper image file and not the cache thumbnail?  And your editing software supports DNG and isnt just using the embedded thumbnail?

2019-9-6
Use props
Realstinger
lvl.2

theothernt Posted at 9-6 17:01
Do you have any samples photos? and what software are you using to export/convert to different formats?

Im using Lightroom 5 and Photoshop cc 2019, still get lots of pixealting issues
2019-9-7
Use props
Realstinger
lvl.2

gnirtS Posted at 9-6 18:44
First thing, dont go near f/8 - you'll kill the image with diffraction.  You want around f/4.  Depth of field is not an issue on the mavic once more than about 10ft away.  Tripod mode makes no difference either, no point in using that for a still.
Best option is ISO100, f/4 and aperture priority.  It'll sort the shutter speed.  
Don't forget to focus on them, check focus (use peaking),make sure the sun isnt behind them and so on.

yes im using dng files in LR and converting to pdf in photoshop cc2019, yes the photos in question had a sunset behind them .
2019-9-7
Use props
Realstinger
lvl.2

Thanks fti
2019-9-7
Use props
Realstinger
lvl.2

theothernt Posted at 9-6 17:01

2019-9-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. Hope that you could get the best suggestion and recommendation from our fellow DJI members here in Forum. Thank you for your support!
2019-9-7
Use props
Realstinger
lvl.2

gnirtS Posted at 9-6 18:44
First thing, dont go near f/8 - you'll kill the image with diffraction.  You want around f/4.  Depth of field is not an issue on the mavic once more than about 10ft away.  Tripod mode makes no difference either, no point in using that for a still.
Don't forget to focus on them, check focus (use peaking),make sure the sun isnt behind them and so on.

I WAS USING the DNG files from my  Sd mini Card??
2019-9-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

I wouldn't go any higher than F5.6 as that around the sweet spot for this lens.   Also don't go above shutter speed of 1/250s.   You might been an ND filter.
2019-9-9
Use props
Realstinger
lvl.2

DAFlys Posted at 9-9 06:09
I wouldn't go any higher than F5.6 as that around the sweet spot for this lens.   Also don't go above shutter speed of 1/250s.   You might been an ND filter.

THANK YOU, also would you shoot in 4k HQ 4K FOV for best  quality?? My PC does not suport the H265 Codec
2019-9-9
Use props
Realstinger
lvl.2

Realstinger Posted at 9-9 07:57
THANK YOU, also would you shoot in 4k HQ 4K FOV for best  quality?? My PC does not suport the H265 Codec

The actual size after downloading to pdf was2" x 3" so when the guy  tries to blow it up the pix-elating is horrible ,  he was trying to put it on a 5' x 10 ft banner. I think i will just send him the DNG raw files
2019-9-9
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft

Surely if its for a banner you want a still photo not a video so h.265 etc is irrelevant.

A still photo is going to be 20mpixel whereas a video still, as well as being blurred is going to be 8mpixel (with horrible compression artefacts).  You definitely do NOT want a ND filter for stills.

Even the DNGs are going to struggle.  a 5ft x 10ft banner is huge.  You'd be looking at only about 50/60dpi which is way below the quality most people need.

If you want a good quality banner you're going to need a significantly bigger image than the drone can produce in a single shot so going to need to manually do a panorama.
2019-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules