Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Feature Request: more OSD
12Next >
8636 42 2019-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SuperPilot1337
lvl.1

Firmware is not open source, so hey DJI only you can do that!
Now OSD supports arm/disarm notification, flight time, voltage.

My personal top 3:
1. GPS number of satellites, Lat/Lon. I use Betaflight GPS return home feature, I want to know if there's enough satellites to take off. No way to know that in the field! Latitude and longitude are useful to find drone if it crashes, I want to see that on video recording or just see on the screen "last known coordinates".

2. Direction to home, distance, height. I'm legally supposed to fly 400 feet there, and I have no way to know. I have baro on my FC.

3. Used mAh!

2019-9-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day SuperPilot1337. Thank you for reaching out and for these feature requests for the DJI FPV. Rest assured that this information and requests will be cascaded to the designated DJI department for further development of the DJI FPV series. If you have any other request or concerns with DJI.  Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-9-7
Use props
fansf441f14a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2013419 ft

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-7 07:18
Hello and good day SuperPilot1337. Thank you for reaching out and for these feature requests for the DJI FPV. Rest assured that this information and requests will be cascaded to the designated DJI department for further development of the DJI FPV series. If you have any other request or concerns with DJI.  Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you. Thank you for your valued support.

Hi,

I just bought the DJI FPV system. It seems the OSD information, in particular the battery voltage cannot be displayed? if this is the case, I have truly wasted my money. If you feel I have overlooked a setting, please get in touch.

Cheers
Gaf
2019-9-7
Use props
djiuser_UlVu4I172My6
lvl.1

Hello, same things for me
2019-9-9
Use props
djiuser_UlVu4I172My6
lvl.1

fansf441f14a Posted at 9-7 11:53
Hi,

I just bought the DJI FPV system. It seems the OSD information, in particular the battery voltage cannot be displayed? if this is the case, I have truly wasted my money. If you feel I have overlooked a setting, please get in touch.

i think. bad parameters for you or wiring. the vbat is ok on the goggles.
2019-9-9
Use props
djiuser_UlVu4I172My6
lvl.1

mah consumed ang gps direction . home distance. speed etc.. hope this new features will arrived very soon.
2019-9-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

I was watching a youtube on FPV solar power RC plane,  and his old OSD seems to have so much more info than the goggles.  Check out his video here -
2019-9-9
Use props
Bruxx3d
lvl.2

I support 100% this post !
the OSD need more and more features!

2. Direction to home, distance, height. I'm legally supposed to fly 400 feet there, and I have no way to know. I have baro on my FC.      !!!!!! YES YES PLZ !!!
Anything relate the gps would be awesome!

Please tell us you guys working on it already, I know you guys  can do it, this FPV system is more that awesome! lets target the perfection now
2019-9-10
Use props
Charmande
lvl.3
Flight distance : 299459 ft

fansf441f14a Posted at 9-7 11:53
Hi,

Only information in the OSD that will show currently is aircraft batt voltage and goggle batt voltage. To get drone batt voltage you need to ensure the gray and white wires are properly soldering to the flight controller for a TX/RX UART. Then go into betaflight and enable configuration/MSP for the UART you soldered those wires to. Hopefully more OSD functions to come later.
2019-9-15
Use props
Bartek_prodrone
lvl.1

Hi,
already bought fly more combo thinking that will get OSD info. My bad that i didn't checked it first.
That's shame that this system don't support any important information from FC.
I've planed use it on small wing. But without OSD that system is useless - really.
To be true, even on quad without extended OSD functionality it's just a expensive toy to fly around.
Talked with few friend, they were considering DJI HD for planes. But without OSD they said that they will stay with analog.
C'mon DJI, start talking with INav, Betaflight developers to start supporting full OSD.
You loosing a lot of clients that have money for such system, but without OSD will not consider it.
I've also changed plans and for now will stay with analog that will give me full, important functionality (direction to Home, GPS status, Flight mode, Distance, Altitude, speed).
2019-9-17
Use props
strepto.dji
lvl.1
Flight distance : 626512 ft

+1 please add mAh, gps coords, direction and distance to home as an absolute minimum. Other things like speed, altitude, and so on are nice too but mAh is critical!
2019-9-20
Use props
Doclate
lvl.1

+1 Waiting for mah and rssi/LQ (tbs crossfire link quality) to hit the buy button. Please DJI, are these coming?
2019-9-22
Use props
SuperPilot1337
lvl.1

Hi everyone! Just returned from flying my drone, DJI FPV works great! I crashed a couple of times (no damage). It's hard to find the drone.

Back to OSD. Hey DJI if you can, please record all the OSD stuff over the video. I know that's not what you do now, but if you have a choice, that's better for the users this way. If someone wants a clean video, he/she uses an SD card in a flying unit. The recording in goggles in my opinion should have everything the pilot sees, including voltage, voltage sag, GPS coordinates. This helps if you need to review the video and understand something you didn't understand in the field. Or use the GPS coordinates to find the drone.

2019-9-24
Use props
HiepDinhFPV
lvl.1

Hi DJI, I really love DJI FPV System but I waiting feature GPS information on OSD, I hope you can release this feature as soon as posible. I has sold HDO to switch to your system
2019-10-3
Use props
Ringinsteel
New

Hello DJI,

Please, DJI must recognize that there are many more "freestyle" pilots than those who race.
The Digital FPV system is excellent for video quality, but not having OSD capability severely limits the usefulness for many pilots.
Note the RCGroups forum thread for DJI Digital FPV system owners.
Most of these pilots are not "racers".
We have invested a significant amount of money in our aircraft, and basic flight telemetry is essential to avoid loosing it.
mAh used, GPS coordinates, RSSI \ LQ, critical component temperatures, etc. are minimum feedback for many users.
Many users simply will not purchase the DJI Digital FPV system unless this capability is included.

Thank you for your consideration.
2019-10-6
Use props
B-RadFPV
lvl.1

Really need TBS Crossfire LQ, GPS Sats, and GPS Coordinates!!!
2019-10-7
Use props
halitic
lvl.1

GPS Stats, GPS Coordinates, average cell voltage, used mAh, would be great for OSD
2019-10-8
Use props
HiepDinhFPV
lvl.1

"GPS Stats, GPS Coordinates, average cell voltage, used mAh, would be great for OSD"

That's sound awesome bro!
2019-10-9
Use props
DominickLittle
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1072126 ft
United States

just got my dji fpv build setup and it is amazing, luckily i am just a freestyle pilot basicly and only want average cell voltage cause thats what i am in a habit of using. dont understand why it doesnt work with the betaflight osd, catalyst machineworks for life!
2019-10-21
Use props
baze_fpv
lvl.1

Finland

I also would like to see RSSI in OSD.
If I crash my quad I use RSSI to get bearing towards my guad.  (I stand in one spot and place my radio and its antenna against my chest and start turning slowly. RSSI increases/decreases when I'm rotating away or toward the bearing where my quad is. I have newer lost a drone with this method.)

Olso having Betaflight profile number and rate profile number in OSD would be great when tuning my guad.
2019-11-2
Use props
5zero7rc
lvl.4

United States

DominickLittle Posted at 10-21 21:24
just got my dji fpv build setup and it is amazing, luckily i am just a freestyle pilot basicly and only want average cell voltage cause thats what i am in a habit of using. dont understand why it doesnt work with the betaflight osd, catalyst machineworks for life!

The reason the DJI system does not work directly with the betaflight OSD as you would expect is because of how the technology works.  The OSD chip that is built in to the flight controller is expecting an analog video signal that it can then overlay some text data on top of.  That OSD chip can not understand a digital video signal and as such it can't overlay the info on it.   What DJI has done is use a MSP connection to the FC to get the information, pass it on to the goggles, and let the goggles choose how to display that information.  Sort of like how closed captions works on a TV.  I am sure DJI is working on adding much more OSD options in the future.
2019-11-2
Use props
Sp00f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9255 ft
Thailand

There are other ways to get the data from the fc aside from analog video eg the way it’s getting bat voltage today is via msp. This can be used by dji to create its own osd elements with the data from the fc. DJI come on and get this done ASAP!!
2019-11-12
Use props
QuadcopterGuide
lvl.4
Flight distance : 828904 ft
  • >>>
Germany

any news on this? Would love to see more OSD!
2019-12-1
Use props
gumush
lvl.1

Turkey

+1 Home direction , GPS coordinates , distance , mah  
2019-12-1
Use props
Schlumie
lvl.1

Austria

Please +1 Home direction ,  distance ,  Warning element
Also INAV Support...
2019-12-5
Use props
fans636e7b06
New

United States

Great suggestion! I was hoping for Audio in the air unit? Somewhat missing my analog system for this reason only
2019-12-7
Use props
djiuser_XrS9JeWV5dZs
New

Portugal

Please +1 home Direction
2020-1-26
Use props
mc54
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

Add the betaflight OSD flight summary page at the end of the flight when you disarm.

This is very important for understanding your previous flight completely.
2020-1-27
Use props
fans2590d8d0
lvl.2

South Korea

New custom on-screen display information: Home point direction, altitude, and GPS speed.
Screenshot_20200131-013027_Naver Cafe.jpg
2020-1-30
Use props
geoffz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans2590d8d0 Posted at 1-30 08:32
New custom on-screen display information: Home point direction, altitude, and GPS speed.

With the upcoming Smart Controller viewing update, DJI definitely needs to make this available for ALL Crystal Sky Monitors!
2020-2-2
Use props
Detergent
New

United States

Another vote for crossfire LQ! I'm loving the system, just need the full range of betaflight OSD options.
2020-2-14
Use props
Wiruz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 300548 ft
Sweden

Detergent Posted at 2-14 20:38
Another vote for crossfire LQ! I'm loving the system, just need the full range of betaflight OSD options.

I just purchased these googles and wanted to see the Link quality (LQ) from my crossfire system but now i see that it isn't supported????? RSSI isnt interesting as you can have tons of interference and still a good RSSI signal ,LQ is what matters so please DJI!
I mean seriously how many of us are not using crossfire with LQ?
This must be fixed please !
2020-4-8
Use props
Vista125
New

United States

Hi all, got 3 Vistas all working fine. Yet Crossfire LQ lacking in the OSD. RSSI is worthless with CRSF. So do us a favor and implement more BF-OSD-functions, especially the essential ones like LQ and Betaflight-warnings. Take care all.
2020-4-13
Use props
alexandermeliss
lvl.1
Italy

can you guys please ad Crossfire LQ support in the OSD!!!!
2020-5-15
Use props
djiuser_dF6Ri890fR02
New

Germany

Please add Crossfire LQ and Warnings in OSD, its essential !
2020-5-28
Use props
Giammi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 847795 ft
Italy

Add Crossfire LQ, Warnings and Air Mode!
2020-5-28
Use props
fansc94ed366
New
Flight distance : 253704 ft

United States

Crossfire LQ and Warnings are ESSENTIAL!
2020-6-2
Use props
MattBrownson
lvl.1

Canada

I was was trying to get my Link Quality osd option working wasting hours of my time to realize it wasn't included with the custom osd update.. why include some custom osd options but not all of the betaflight osd? same goes for inav people as well. its important for all information to be there for the individual DJI user . Please add Team Black Sheep Crossfire OSD with the Link Quality. RSSI is unreliable. it shows 70% when I know it should be at 99% when TX is next to the drone. I would love to see link quality so I can have that confidence when I'm flying Long Range. Please DJI !!
2020-6-12
Use props
djiuser_m82U9LgIMOuD
New

United States

We need Betaflight warnings !! Please
2020-8-7
Use props
djiuser_FIwFkFVUf0wV
New

Germany

Hallo DJI Team,

more custom OSD options are the number 1 feature request I hear from my flying buddies that would be needed for them to make the switch from analog to DJI digital FPV.
I myself made the switch after your recent firmware upgrade and there would be so much more potential and more customers, if the system did support more custom OSD elements.

I hope this gets forwarded to DJI software engineers - Thanks!

BR
Andreas
2020-8-14
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules