Android DJI Mimo - No Slo-mo or FPS functionality
5246 2 2019-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_N5sy4OMFNGUb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44393 ft

It's hard to believe that with 85 % of the mobile market being powered by android that DJI do not provide Slo-Mo or FPS funtionallity in the android DJI Mimo app.

I raised this with DJI support stating :

"I also have a Smooth4  and  both ZYPlay and Filmic Pro provide Slow-mo functionality so it is not a restriction or limitation of the android OS that is the problem"

This was the DJI support response:

"Due to a large number of Android phone manufacturers, the system versions vary and the development authorities to the third party also vary. So the effects of some functions are not stable in some phone models. In order to ensure a good functional experience, currently, the Slow Motion function is unavailable in DJI Mimo app for Android....... For now we do not have any news when the feature will be supported, but we will continue to develop and optimize this function in the future."

So it would seem for DJI  "...to ensure a good functional experience (to android users)..." they don't provide the function at all!

Well done DJI... Full marks for that logic.

One of the core functions (for me at least) of a gimballed mobile is to shoot slo-mo yet if you are in that 85% then you are going to need a third-party app to do it.

Foot Note: As a DJI Mavic Air owner the android DJI Go 4 app allows me to select a whole range of fps from 24 to 120 at 1080p.  My question to DJI is if android DJI Go 4 app can provide FPS and slo-mo functionality then why not the android DJI Mimo app!

2019-9-7
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>

Not to mention the flakey focussing and general lack of features present in just about every other camera app out there.  You would have thought they could have bought in the talents of, well, the Filmic people or whoever develops Open Camera - come to think of it, the source code of that is probably published so they could raid it for at least some of the missing functionality.  And give credit where it's due.
2019-9-7
Use props
Romx
lvl.1

DJI mimo app support external mic for android?
2019-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules