New Control Wheel?
929 8 2019-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JDVideo
lvl.2

I haven't as yet purchased the control wheel, but thinking about how it works, I thought, how nice it would be if the controller had a small thumb operated joy stick where you have full control of the gimbal in all directions as opposed to selecting vertical or horizontal movement seperately. Just  thought.
2019-9-7
Use props
djiuser_SGtX4I7iJci7
lvl.3

I’d expect a new version of the OP instead of updated accessories, although I like your thinking. That said the feel of the wheel, to me anyway, is better than the joystick on the extension rod.
I wish you could change the wheels direction though, I always manage to turn it in the wrong direction, particularly the up-down direction.
2019-9-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day JDVideo. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing your insights with regards to the joystick on the control wheel for the DJI Osmo Pocket. Rest assured that this information and thread will be cascaded to the designated DJI department for further development of the DJI Osmo Pocket and its accessories. Thank you.
2019-9-7
Use props
JDVideo
lvl.2

djiuser_SGtX4I7iJci7 Posted at 9-7 06:22
I’d expect a new version of the OP instead of updated accessories, although I like your thinking. That said the feel of the wheel, to me anyway, is better than the joystick on the extension rod.
I wish you could change the wheels direction though, I always manage to turn it in the wrong direction, particularly the up-down direction.

I'm going to order the control wheel, but I will most likely make the same sort of adjustment error. I don't particularly like the idea while filming a clip that wanting to pan up, while in the switch is in horizontal mode, I have to activate the switch causing possible bumps/vibrations in the video in doing so. Whatever transitions one does, it must be smooth. Flicking a switch each time will not allow that. Again, just a thought. I will see for sure once I start using it.
2019-9-8
Use props
JDVideo
lvl.2

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-7 07:45
Hello and good day JDVideo. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing your insights with regards to the joystick on the control wheel for the DJI Osmo Pocket. Rest assured that this information and thread will be cascaded to the designated DJI department for further development of the DJI Osmo Pocket and its accessories. Thank you.

You're welcome. I will most likely order the control wheel, but because of what I mentioned is the reason I have held back. Going from panning horizontally to panning vertical should be a fluid motion. You can't accomplish that if you have to keep activating a switch back and forth. Besides, it would be nice to be able to pan with a combination of horizontal and vertical mothion. In otherwords, your pan could be, for example, going up or down in a 45 degree direction from point of origine, instead of 90 degrees. It makes for a nice effect.
2019-9-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

JDVideo Posted at 9-8 04:24
You're welcome. I will most likely order the control wheel, but because of what I mentioned is the reason I have held back. Going from panning horizontally to panning vertical should be a fluid motion. You can't accomplish that if you have to keep activating a switch back and forth. Besides, it would be nice to be able to pan with a combination of horizontal and vertical mothion. In otherwords, your pan could be, for example, going up or down in a 45 degree direction from point of origine, instead of 90 degrees. It makes for a nice effect.

It is always my pleasure JDVideo and thank you for sharing these additional information. Rest assured that these additional information will be cascaded to the designated DJI department for us to be able to further improve the DJI Osmo Pocket contoller wheel and all of the DJI osmo Pocket's accessories. Thank you.
2019-9-9
Use props
Oh-no
lvl.4

The extension rod provides more controls and which is much better than the control wheel, it cost a bit more but it worths, however, the size is bigger/longer, but it offers more flexibility (less pocketable).
2019-9-13
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319915 ft

control wheel is awesome and a must , naughty DJI for not including it in the box - out doing apple for accessories
2019-9-15
Use props
tripleburst
lvl.4

Oh-no Posted at 9-13 12:47
The extension rod provides more controls and which is much better than the control wheel, it cost a bit more but it worths, however, the size is bigger/longer, but it offers more flexibility (less pocketable).

I second this. If you want the kind of control the OP is describing, the extension rod is the way to go. It doubles as a nice grip since the Pocket is so small.  The added control options are the best reason I found for owning one.
2019-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules