Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark jerky video
629 8 2019-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joshwilliamstx
New

Hey guys. I took my spark out on the lake yesterday evening and after editing the video I noticed it was jerky/choppy. I have never noticed this in the past so I am wondering if it would have anything to do with the sd card maybe? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Here's a link to the video I made
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N1SSqVo0pA
2019-9-8
Use props
ssylca44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft

Nice video Josh, didn't see any jerky/choppy, you just should use some 'transition' effect between clips. Cheers
2019-9-8
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft

Hi Josh,

You mean the uneven movement of the boat? Especially noticable at 0:28 on the dark boat in the background.
Is it possible you created a 25 fps video when you edited that? Spark unfortunately does only create 30 fps.
You need to properly downscale the source video in your editor.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-9-8
Use props
fans2c59cbe5
New

Wolferl Posted at 9-8 07:48
Hi Josh,

You mean the uneven movement of the boat? Especially noticable at 0:28 on the dark boat in the background.

Sorry I’m still pretty new with the editing. I’ve just been using iMovie so what you are saying is there’s a way to downscale any footage I get in iMovie to 25 FPS? Thanks for the reply!
2019-9-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Looks good to me.
2019-9-9
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

fans2c59cbe5 Posted at 9-8 14:46
Sorry I’m still pretty new with the editing. I’ve just been using iMovie so what you are saying is there’s a way to downscale any footage I get in iMovie to 25 FPS? Thanks for the reply!

No! did not say!

Spark captures video at 30fps (frame per second). And you might be working at 25 fps. The difference between the two causes a halt, at intervals.

You need to find software that can handle a different number of frames within a project.

I can say one thing (just expensive) Grassvalley Edius.
2019-9-9
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>

How about you check the file you uploaded to you tube, if it is still 30 (29.97) fps or 25 fps, first?
2019-9-9
Use props
Tomasz Laptas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2275102 ft

It looks a bit choppy, happened to me recently when I have used Final Cut Pro, just tried to play about wit the settings and didn't work very well.
2019-9-9
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft

Hi,

"downscale" is the wrong word for it (that means a reduction of the resolution of the video, for instance from 1080p to 720p). The more correct term is "frame rate conversion". You need to find a software which does this the best (conversion from 30fps to 25 fps).
It could be a good idea to purely convert the raw footage from the Spark first to 25fps. If result is smooth, next step will be editing with that converted clip (not the raw).

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules