o(^-^)o
MarcelN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2307733 ft

2019-9-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day MarcelN. This video that your son captured was amazing. Great work and thank you for sharing this video with us. Two thumbs up.
2019-9-8
Use props
MarcelN
Second Officer

Thanks Stephen, i know that he isn't 18, but he controls the drone way better than me.
2019-9-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

MarcelN Posted at 9-8 12:24
Thanks Stephen, i know that he isn't 18, but he controls the drone way better than me.

You are very much welcome MarcelN. I also have a son who operates the DJI Mavic Air better than me. Children these days are really great in operating and handling different gadgets and even flying drone, compared to us. All we need to do as a parent is to guide them to do good and follow the rules and regulations in everything for them to be the best on what they do. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2019-9-8
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft

MarcelN,  very pretty scenery, that Osprey that dove into the river, must have some very good vision to spot a fish from that height and distance.  Thanks for sharing.
2019-9-8
Use props
MarcelN
Second Officer

Thanks HH1, earlier that day he/she was spotted flying with a big fish.
2019-9-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Wow - Nicely done.
2019-9-8
Use props
FLYINHASS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21975 ft

Cool footage MarcelN, nice flight and thanks for sharing ^^
2019-9-9
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft

Very beautiful capture and landscape.  Also very daring to fly around predatory birds.  Did you use any color correcting?
2019-9-9
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer

HH1 Posted at 9-8 21:04
MarcelN,  very pretty scenery, that Osprey that dove into the river, must have some very good vision to spot a fish from that height and distance.  Thanks for sharing.

I feel many birds must have built in ND filters on their eyes to spot fish under the surface like that.  Which is one reason I want to get some good ND filters for my drone.
2019-9-9
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

Absolutely nothing to be proud of, my friend. Actually a very good example of wrong, punishable way of using this technology. As a father you've failed to instruct your offspring to not chase wild animals with a drone. You're lucky that this magnificent predator didn't try to defend it's territory ...
2019-9-9
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>

Well I enjoyed the footage, well done to your son, the dive was epic and really well captured.
2019-9-9
Use props
MarcelN
Second Officer

Neo Supreme Posted at 9-9 07:33
Very beautiful capture and landscape.  Also very daring to fly around predatory birds.  Did you use any color correcting?

Thanks Neo, yes i think my son did some colour correcting in iMovie, imho it’s a little overkill the blue and green. I did used a ND-PL16 filter for spotting fish and we fly here every weekend in OUR territory
2019-9-9
Use props
MarcelN
Second Officer

M2Wair Posted at 9-9 10:36
Well I enjoyed the footage, well done to your son, the dive was epic and really well captured.

Thanks John, it was indeed EPIC that “dive shot"!
2019-9-9
Use props
MarcelN
Second Officer

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 9-9 10:11
Absolutely nothing to be proud of, my friend. Actually a very good example of wrong, punishable way of using this technology. As a father you've failed to instruct your offspring to not chase wild animals with a drone. You're lucky that this magnificent predator didn't try to defend it's territory ...

Dear Matthew, if someone is caring for nature, than it’s me. Everyday i fill a bag with plastic out of the water and gras. These Osprey are on a journey to Africa and stopped here for a few weeks to eat and this year is the first time we spotted them, so the area was filled with “spotters" with big lenses. It’s a pure  coincidence we were on the right time and place, normally i’m afraid of predator birds that could harm my drone. You can clearly see this bird gives NO reaction on my drone, it’s not a flying fish.
2019-9-9
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>

MarcelN Posted at 9-9 11:55
Thanks Neo, yes i think my son did some colour correcting in iMovie, imho it’s a little overkill the blue and green. I did used a ND-PL16 filter for spotting fish and we fly here every weekend in OUR territory

Nope, your territory is within your backyard, probably a 250' x 250' square. His territory is cubic, roughly a mile at base perimeter and hundreds feet above, including your property ...
2019-9-9
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>

MarcelN Posted at 9-9 12:05
Dear Matthew, if someone is caring for nature, than it’s me. Everyday i fill a bag with plastic out of the water and gras. These Osprey are on a journey to Africa and stopped here for a few weeks to eat and this year is the first time we spotted them, so the area was filled with “spotters" with big lenses. It’s a pure  coincidence we were on the right time and place, normally i’m afraid of predator birds that could harm my drone. You can clearly see this bird gives NO reaction on my drone, it’s not a flying fish.

Marcel, if you're trying to convince me that chasing a bird of prey with a drone is OK, please stop. Your son did just that, period. You can see clearly that the bird is trying to fly in frantic attempt to get away. Every Animal Rights activist will agree with me ... And they're far less polite than myself , be aware.
2019-9-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>

Hi Marcel, while it is great footage and a wonderful opportunistic moment, I think it’s pretty clear that after the money shot that was the time to quit and give way to what has been flying in the air for hundreds of years never expecting to be hearded by a mechanical drone something of which he could only be frightened and panicked by, we need to respect nature and all that lives in it, I wonder if this had have been a young child would you have been ok for him/her to be chased down by a noisy drone.

There is good and bad in this, cutting out the bad in the video won’t change the fact it is bad .
2019-9-9
Use props
HH1
Second Officer

Neo Supreme Posted at 9-9 07:34
I feel many birds must have built in ND filters on their eyes to spot fish under the surface like that.  Which is one reason I want to get some good ND filters for my drone.

I am not experienced enough with drone camera to know about filters, still learning to fly
2019-9-9
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer

HH1 Posted at 9-9 17:49
I am not experienced enough with drone camera to know about filters, still learning to fly

I bought filters for my Mavic Air, though they weren't 'top of line'.  I'm looking forward to getting filters for my 2 Pro.
2019-9-10
Use props
Paul_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4472 ft

I can understand both sides being presented here.  However, we live an an area where we view dozens of ospreys and bald eagles up close and personal on a daily basis.  Did not see any behavior in the video that could be called "frantic" behavior.  Personally I have never tried to photo them from a drone, my main concern is that they would take exception to the drone just being in their area.  So far I have only seen them come in for a close look and go about their business.
2019-9-10
Use props
HH1
Second Officer

Neo Supreme Posted at 9-10 03:38
I bought filters for my Mavic Air, though they weren't 'top of line'.  I'm looking forward to getting filters for my 2 Pro.

You will continue to do things better.  My good wishes.
2019-9-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

Nice to see!
My only little complaint is that the saturation / contrast is rather high
2019-9-11
Use props
MarcelN
Second Officer

Montfrooij Posted at 9-11 05:30
Nice to see!
My only little complaint is that the saturation / contrast is rather high

Thanks Montfrooij, as i mentioned before, my son did some things in iMovie which is imho overkill.
You know kids, they blow up colours.
2019-9-11
Use props
SD_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>

One of the best live footage of an Osprey going for the kill. Truly a rarity. Superb colors, especially like music to go along with the scene. Excellent job ! What were your resolution and style settings?
2019-9-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

MarcelN Posted at 9-11 13:14
Thanks Montfrooij, as i mentioned before, my son did some things in iMovie which is imho overkill.
You know kids, they blow up colours.

You're welcome!
Ah, I see.
I missed that comment
2019-9-12
Use props
MarcelN
Second Officer

SD_Pilot Posted at 9-11 16:42
One of the best live footage of an Osprey going for the kill. Truly a rarity. Superb colors, especially like music to go along with the scene. Excellent job ! What were your resolution and style settings?

Thanks SD_Pilot, settings are 2.7K 60fps and colour ‘normal’ without D-log.
2019-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules