ASAP: Buying P4 Advanced off Amazon?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
James_ML
lvl.2
Flight distance : 413625 ft

Hi Guys

Looking at buying a Phantom 4 Advanced off Amazon.
The product say it is "Ships from and Sold by Amazon"

Are there any disadvantages with buying from Amazon?
Will the warranty work the same as buying from say the DJI site?

Cheers,
2019-9-9
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>

You should be able to ask amazon that.
Technically speaking if the product is new Amazon should give you 1 year warranty and even if they don't you should still get warranty with DJI through your serial number/receipt.

If the item is used or 2nd hand, then you most likely won't have warranty with DJI and Amazon may offer limited warranty like 3 months, it would be better if you asked amazon to confirm this.
2019-9-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Not sure where you are located but this page has a list of the daily deals from DJI authorised sellers - https://www.mavichelp.com/Buy-DJI-Mavic/
2019-9-9
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>

Assuming that, once you have a drone 'in your hands', you can check with DJI whether or not they have any problems with honouring a warranty, I think, that if you subsequently found that DJI (UK?) would not issue a warranty, you would then find that Amazon's return policy is good.
I returned a £750 lens because a minor accessory was missing, in fact I recollect that when I queried the absence it was Amazon that suggested the return. When I decided to return it there was no hassle, I don't remember if the replacement was sent before or after Amazon received the return but there was certainly no delay.
Obviously I didn't play with, or damage, the lens and it was returned as received.
Aside from the above, under UK law and within appropriate time constraints, is the rectification of faults not the retailer's responsibility? Check this!

2019-9-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The warranty would depend on where you purchase the drone as well as the version of it. If you could provide the serial number of the drone, we'll more than happy to provide the details that you may need. Thank you for your support.
2019-9-9
Use props
James_ML
lvl.2

URGENT!!!! Hi Tony, Are you able to check the following serial number if it is a genuine DJI drone, it comes with warranty and i am able to get DJI Care Refresh?

Cheers
James
2019-9-11
Use props
Geebax
First Officer

James_ML Posted at 9-11 15:45
URGENT!!!! Hi Tony, Are you able to check the following serial number if it is a genuine DJI drone, it comes with warranty and i am able to get DJI Care Refresh?

[view_image]

There is no such thing as a fake DJI drone, but you might have bought (or are buying) a refurbished one, given that DJI do not have any stock of them.
2019-9-11
Use props
James_ML
lvl.2

Well this was sold as new so i would then like to check that is isn't a refurbished one.
2019-9-11
Use props
Geebax
First Officer

James_ML Posted at 9-11 15:56
Well this was sold as new so i would then like to check that is isn't a refurbished one.

In that case, if you want to get Tony's attention, then use the reply button on his post, otherwise he does not know you are there.
2019-9-11
Use props
James_ML
lvl.2

DJI Tony Posted at 9-9 08:41
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The warranty would depend on where you purchase the drone as well as the version of it. If you could provide the serial number of the drone, we'll more than happy to provide the details that you may need. Thank you for your support.

Hi Tony,

Are you able to please check the following drone serial number so i can confirm that it is a new P4 Advanced and not refurbish. Also if i am able to get the care refresh with it?

Thanks,
James
2019-9-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

James_ML Posted at 9-11 16:08
Hi Tony,

Are you able to please check the following drone serial number so i can confirm that it is a new P4 Advanced and not refurbish. Also if i am able to get the care refresh with it?

Hi, we're sorry for the late response on this. However, it's glad to know that we've managed to satisfy your queries for this drone. Should you have further concern, please let us know. Thank you for your support.
2019-9-12
Use props
James_ML
lvl.2

DJI Tony Posted at 9-12 14:33
Hi, we're sorry for the late response on this. However, it's glad to know that we've managed to satisfy your queries for this drone. Should you have further concern, please let us know. Thank you for your support.

Hi Tony, Thanks for your help. Slight problem, I have plugged in the remote and the battery to charge but they both have LED1 flashing quite fast and they haven't charged at all it appears in the last hour. Have i done something wrong?

Please see the video below for what i'm talking about.
2019-9-12
Use props
Geebax
First Officer

James_ML Posted at 9-12 15:18
Hi Tony, Thanks for your help. Slight problem, I have plugged in the remote and the battery to charge but they both have LED1 flashing quite fast and they haven't charged at all it appears in the last hour. Have i done something wrong?

You should not have both the battery and the RC plugged into the charger at the same time. Charge one at a time. Also, for a first time charge, the process can take a long time.
2019-9-12
Use props
James_ML
lvl.2

Geebax Posted at 9-12 15:21
You should not have both the battery and the RC plugged into the charger at the same time. Charge one at a time. Also, for a first time charge, the process can take a long time.

Cheers for that.
Working now. Definitely take a bit longer for the first charge.

Surprised i can't charge the remote and battery at the same time. Would have thought that the charger would be designed to do both.
2019-9-12
Use props
Geebax
First Officer

James_ML Posted at 9-12 15:57
Cheers for that.

Well, apparently it is not, and it tells you so if the manual. If you have not already done so, download the manual from the DJI web site and read it thoroughly, it has a lot of very important information in it.
2019-9-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

James_ML Posted at 9-12 15:18

Hi, we do apologize for the late response. It's great to know that you've managed to fix the problem via the help of one of our valued DJI Forum members. Thank you for your support.
2019-9-15
Use props
James_ML
lvl.2

DJI Tony Posted at 9-15 14:10
Hi, we do apologize for the late response. It's great to know that you've managed to fix the problem via the help of one of our valued DJI Forum members. Thank you for your support.

Hi Tony,

After i opened my drone, i noticed my propellers came in a plastic bag.
However, when i looked at unboxing videos of the P4 Advanced, other people got a nice cloth bag with propellers. Is there a reason for this because the plastic bag is already disintegrated and i would have like to get the cloth bag as i need a way to store my propellers?

Cheers
2019-9-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

James_ML Posted at 9-15 15:40
Hi Tony,

Hi, we're sorry for the late response. We would like to assist you with regard to this query and coordinate it with our designated department. In the mean-time, would it be possible if you could provide us the photo of the particular item that you've received and also the item that you're looking for? Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.
2019-9-17
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>

James_ML Posted at 9-15 15:40
Hi Tony,

They stopped producing the cloth bag along time ago.  Many people including myself complained....
2019-9-17
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>

James_ML Posted at 9-12 15:57
Cheers for that.

I charge them both at the same time all the time with no ill effects...
2019-9-17
Use props
James_ML
lvl.2

DJI Tony Posted at 9-17 13:20
Hi, we're sorry for the late response. We would like to assist you with regard to this query and coordinate it with our designated department. In the mean-time, would it be possible if you could provide us the photo of the particular item that you've received and also the item that you're looking for? Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.

Hi Tony,

Thanks for that.
Please see the attached photo.
I noticed in unboxing videos on youtube that their P4 Advanced came with a cloth bag for the props and a friends one did too. Mine however, came with just a plastic sleeve. As you can see the plastic has already broken.
Is it possible to get my hands on one of these bags? Its a bit frustrating having loose props in the box.

Thanks for your help!
Cheers
2019-9-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

James_ML Posted at 9-19 02:39
Hi Tony,

Thanks for that.

Hj, thanks for the prompt reply. I've received the update from our designated department and we've confimed that the package has been changed. If you would like to purchase a cloth bag, we would recommend checking it via our dealers using this link: www.dji.com/where-to-buy
2019-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules