Horizon problem osmo mobile 3
12Next >
20637 45 2019-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans9faf160a
lvl.1

Hey

I've just noticed that my horizon is not straight with the osmo mobile 3 that's quite annoying.

Anyone have the isssue ?

Thanks
2019-9-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello there, please check if you selected FPV mode in Gimbel Settings, if yes, please switch to Follow mode to see if the issue persists, thank you.
2019-9-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

On the Osmo 2 there was an option to manually calibrate the gimbal and you could adjust it for level,  have you looked to see if the Mimo app has that ability?
2019-9-10
Use props
fans9faf160a
lvl.1

Tried all of this but still the same problem there is no manual calibration within the osmo 3 app
2019-9-13
Use props
fans3e4062d1
lvl.1

osmo mobile 3 / just received it today / have the same issue (((((   
2019-9-19
Use props
djiuser_fREx4wSBI1Gl
New

Osmo mobile 3 | I have the same problems with the horizon.  Looks very stupid on the videos and photos.

In addition, my phone (Android - S9) is very hot when using the app
2019-9-20
Use props
Lowal
New

Hello. I bought Osmo Mobile 3 too and have the same problem with horizon. Help please!
2019-9-22
Use props
djiuser_elDlHeN0HME9
New

Have the same issue.
First two weeks no issues after two weeks that problem just came out. Unfortunately first two weeks give you the time for the replacement product after that time I can only send it for repair.
Very disappointed. That was my first and the last product from Dji.
2019-9-25
Use props
djiuser_elDlHeN0HME9
New

2019-9-25
Use props
djiuser_elDlHeN0HME9
New

2019-9-25
Use props
VictorL
New

Same issue and there is no manual calibration on dji Mimo. What I also noticed is it could be due to the phone cover/case. Mounting the bare phone make the situation much better. Moreover, I also notice when I record movie on the move, the horizontal issue will accumulate, and sometimes it tilt left, sometime it tilt right. I have no idea whether it's really an issue for my osmo 3 or it's a common "feature".
2019-9-27
Use props
capy01
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8635 ft
  • >>>

I have had this since day one, and nobody seems to have a fix. A slight tilt to left. With or without phone holder and perfectly calibrated.
2019-9-28
Use props
Robert E
New

I’m using an iPhone XS Max and have the same problem. If checking in the level in the measuring app, I’m always -1 or -2 off. It doesn’t sound much but when filming an horizon it sure is noticeable. Of course I can correct it in Final Cut Pro but I’d rather have it useable from the start.

Any good workarounds or suggestions?
2019-10-6
Use props
djiuser_vOqUwfM5mBBE
New

I have the same issue with my S9, apparently you could fix this with the osmo 2 app so why would they remove features for the newer version! It makes it near impossible to make a good pano when it's not level! Please fix now!!
2019-10-10
Use props
emerbaum
lvl.1
Flight distance : 64134 ft

Same, Im prob going to return my om3 because of this.
2019-10-10
Use props
Didier Swiss
lvl.1

Hello,

Brand new OSMO mobile 3, and the same problem.

Please DJI make a firmware update or app update to be able to fix this

2019-10-12
Use props
djiuser_YosAxiBlQ5vD
New

Hi.

I bought  2  osmo mobile 3.  Both have the same problem with the horizon level.  The app dont  have options  to fix  that.

We need a solutions.
2019-10-12
Use props
Didier Swiss
lvl.1

Everyone with this problem, please contact DJI support.
Otherwise nothing will be done

Thanks
2019-10-14
Use props
pxchoi
New

I rushed out to buy mine day one and I'm also experiencing the same issue.
2019-10-15
Use props
djiuser_ckAbA0ZF6x6A
New
Poland

Same here with Huawei Mate 10 Pro. Attached is the perfectly vertical line between wall tiles as seen by Osmo Mobile 3. I've reported it to DJI and waiting for response.

Btw. Horizon line with iPhone 7 is better, but also a little bit off, not exactly what one would expect.
2019-10-18
Use props
djiuser_ckAbA0ZF6x6A
New
Poland

Seems like the picture hasn't attached properly.
2019-10-18
Use props
13th SQUAD
lvl.1
United States

fans3e4062d1 Posted at 9-19 15:37
[view_image]

UPDATE:
1. Send it back to dji.
2. Received replacement unit (defected as well)
https://youtu.be/aMVX-SzeQLE
3. Send the replacement unit back to DJI again
2019-10-22
Use props
13th SQUAD
lvl.1
United States

fans3e4062d1 Posted at 9-19 15:37
[view_image]

UPDATE:
1. Send it back to DJI.
2. Received replacement unit (defected as well)
https://youtu.be/aMVX-SzeQLE
3. Send the replacement unit back to DJI again
4. In the middle of the process I figure out that DJI as a replacement send you a refurbished product - not the brand new. They call it “it’s like a new”....
So in fact Customer paid in full for refurbished product and this is disgraced((((
5. I’ll try to get full refund but DJI representative tell me that it is impossible because of some policy...

So my advice will be the next: if you purchased and received the DJI product which has some kind of defects right from the box - return it and ask for a full refund and never go the replacement option ever.
It is bad DJI (((
2019-10-22
Use props
Alonso Garcia
New

Mexico

You need to turn off the WIFI and if Bluetooth is not active then turn it on, just with no WIFI and it works! At least by now
2019-11-13
Use props
Alonso Garcia
New

Mexico

Alonso Garcia Posted at 11-13 09:45
You need to turn off the WIFI and if Bluetooth is not active then turn it on, just with no WIFI and it works! At least by now

The easiest way to make it work is to set the phone in airplane mode, then again turn on Bluetooth
2019-11-13
Use props
mpetr1960
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4119173 ft
  • >>>
Russia

The same problem.
Very strange!
It is so simple to make manual calibration in programm...
Return it to saler.
2019-11-23
Use props
djiuser_VNSCFiY2QZtP
lvl.1
India

DJI Mindy Posted at 9-9 23:57
Hello there, please check if you selected FPV mode in Gimbel Settings, if yes, please switch to Follow mode to see if the issue persists, thank you.

No i tried it but still I'm finding horizon problem. Please help
2019-11-26
Use props
fans5201888e
lvl.4
Flight distance : 168369 ft
Canada

Just noticed this on mine too, never noticed it until now unfortunately. It was put away for a while and took it out and ran the calibration, noticed the tilt. Adding manual tilt adjust would be great.
2019-12-3
Use props
djiuser_wjErylXMxxCj
lvl.1
Malaysia

FIXED.

I noticed that the top-left corner clamp was pressing down on my phone's power button. So I folded some thick paper together and wedged it between my phone and the soft bumper casing, where the top-RIGHT corner clamp would be. The height of the folded paper would equal the height of the power button. Mounted the phone, powered on, and it works! Perfectly leveled. May not be the most elegant solution, but at least I do not have to buy an "approved compatible DJI phone" to get my footage to be leveled.

Hope this helps.
2019-12-10
Use props
Norse Boy
lvl.1
Canada

Same problem here. Brand new unit.
2019-12-18
Use props
fansc42b9256
New
United States

My horizon is constantly out of level as well, with no way to adjust manually.   What's worse is that it isn't even consistent, which concerns me that a hardware issue exists for which an app update to allow manual adjustment isn't going to suffice.  Maybe firmware also?  

So far very underwhelmed with this gimbal and the Mimo app and DJI Customer support.

I just bought mine, so I might need to return and go with a different gimbal.  An out-of-level horizon is a complete deal breaker.
2019-12-23
Use props
djiuser_6zO1JRMuh1Je
New

United Kingdom

Hi all,

I've just bought mine today and I wish I hadn't.
The horizon issue still exists. But my bigger problem is that when filming, it just keeps tilting. It's calibrated well, all straight and holds fine if you don't move it too much. If you start moving it, like closing in on something laying on the floor or the table, and then bring it back up, it doesn't come back up straight, i.e. I keep having to either move to joystick up or down to straighten it, or double clicking the back button to recalibrate back to normal straight. In portrait/landscape mode, the bottom of the phone is tilting towards me(up) when I want it pointing straight down, ie fully vertical.

Don't bother buying it, I'll be returning tomorrow.
2019-12-29
Use props
djiuser_RliKAzhptR1w
lvl.1
Italy

Mine has the identical problem!!!
I live in Italy and I’ll try to send a video to Dji (even if they know this issue very well).
I don’t understand why not adding a manual balancing just to avoid getting back lots of devices and disappointing customers that are looking for different gimbals.
To better understand my device issue, after balancing iPhone 11Pro Max on a level surface, turn it on, calibrate it, I got -1 level either on the level app and visually on the horizon. Hope DJI will solve it!!!!
2020-1-3
Use props
djiuser_fB10HSW5VXOi
New

Russia

The same problem!
2020-1-3
Use props
djiuser_pExtFBrXqwCv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1093 ft
United States

Same issue. IPhone 8+ in tilt-lock or follow mode. Calibration unsuccessful in correcting this.
2020-1-5
Use props
Didier Swiss
lvl.1

Switzerland

I've contacted the support once again.. and still....."can you send me video, what is the firmware"...... It seem DJI DO NOT take this issue seriously. I gave them 2 weeks to solve the problem.  Then we will have to make a Class Action to force them to solve this bug
2020-1-7
Use props
Didier Swiss
lvl.1

Switzerland

MIRACLE !!!!!!!!!!!! They have finally updated the Ios App, we can now manually correct the axis....... CONGRATULATIONS DJI, 4 months  to solve this.... ;-)
2020-1-10
Use props
PiperD
lvl.1
United States

I too contacted support about this issue. They were useless. They're not even aware that this issue has been resolved with an update to the app or firmware.

It is now resolved, as Didier Swiss noted above. There is now a Horizontal Gimbal Adjustment menu item on the gimbal menu in the Mimo app (I use iOS - don't know if the Android app has this feature). You can incrementally adjust the horizon. My rig is now level. Unfortunately, the update didn't come out until after I returned from a cruise with lots of horizon shots. Grrrrrr....

But, all is well and I'm enjoying the device now. I'm loving the features of the gimbal and the Mimo app, and I'm getting some spectacular video, panorama and hyperlapse shots.
2020-1-26
Use props
PiperD
lvl.1
United States

fans9faf160a Posted at 2019-9-13 07:10
Tried all of this but still the same problem  there is no manual calibration within the osmo 3 app

There is now. Update your app and firmware.

Gimbal menu, scroll down to horizontal gimbal adjustment. You can incrementally correct any tilt from horizontal.
2020-1-26
Use props
bignathan88
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86621 ft
Italy

Same issue, for me. I solved using the manual adjustment but honestly I'm not satisfied. Isn't there a way to solve it definetely?
2020-3-24
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules