Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
My friend drop in a sea like stone
1594 26 2019-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nntom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 548734 ft

Yes, unfortunately, after several splendid days of flying and filming beautiful shots with my Spark, it fell of sky in sea. On cashed video folder, video stopped filming in the air like lost power. Found after half hour on the sea floor. Video from micro sd card can not be viewed. Can I send flight log to DJI and if I can, how to do it and where to find it?
2019-9-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Just sync your flight logs in the DJI Go app and open a case with DJI.  You can also post your log here via https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2019-9-9
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>

Sorry to read that - with sudden power loss it sounds like the battery fell out or at least the battery connection had a fault
2019-9-9
Use props
ssylca44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft

A J Posted at 9-9 05:15
Sorry to read that - with sudden power loss it sounds like the battery fell out or at least the battery connection had a fault

Yes, this seems the most likely cause. I would never fly the spark without a battery clamp. Sorry about the loss.
2019-9-9
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>

ssylca44 Posted at 9-9 05:17
Yes, this seems the most likely cause. I would never fly the spark without a battery clamp. Sorry about the loss.

I have read a few cases where this has happened on the Spark - at least the OP seems to have recovered the drone so may be able to get it replaced for free if under warranty/care refresh still.
2019-9-9
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft

Hi,

There is a good chance the video on the SDcard is NOT lost. If the file is there and has a reasonable size, you can use a software like this to restore it:
Remo Repair MOV
(I am not connected to them in any way)

If a Spark crashes or you forgot to stop video recording before turning off power (happened to me), you have the same problem. The video is there, only the file structure isn't correct since the Spark had no chance to close the file correctly. So a video player cannot play the file. After restoring it, it works nicely.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-9-9
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft

Yikes! Hope they replace it for you.
2019-9-9
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>

Was the battery in the Spark?
2019-9-9
Use props
nntom
lvl.3

Thank you all for support. Anyway, the battery was laying down on the sea floor just 10cm beside Spark. Always push strong when connecting battery and check status of IMU, compas, etc on the first screen to be sure everything is ok, waiting for recorder home point... Flight was about 1:30 when I decided to go further, again to island...People waited for flight to watch and and nobody saw bird. Here is one of nice shots with this amazing little thing
DJI_1662.JPG
2019-9-9
Use props
ssylca44
Second Officer

nntom Posted at 9-9 06:37
Thank you all for support. Anyway, the battery was laying down on the sea floor just 10cm beside Spark. Always push strong when connecting battery and check status of IMU, compas, etc on the first screen to be sure everything is ok, waiting for recorder home point... Flight was about 1:30 when I decided to go further, again to island...People waited for flight to watch and and nobody saw bird. Here is one of nice shots with this amazing little thing

Very nice picture. Do you know the altitude when the spark fell? Cheers
2019-9-9
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>

nntom Posted at 9-9 06:37
Thank you all for support. Anyway, the battery was laying down on the sea floor just 10cm beside Spark. Always push strong when connecting battery and check status of IMU, compas, etc on the first screen to be sure everything is ok, waiting for recorder home point... Flight was about 1:30 when I decided to go further, again to island...People waited for flight to watch and and nobody saw bird. Here is one of nice shots with this amazing little thing

This
"Anyway, the battery was laying down on the sea floor just 10cm beside Spark."
is the information, you need to get to DJI.
Shall get you a new bird.
2019-9-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day nntom. I am sorry to know what is happened to your DJI Spark. Since there was a crash that happened. I would recommend you contact our DJI support team to start up a ticket for the said drone at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We have the professional team who would do their best to analyze what had happened to the said drone. Thank for your understanding and for your support.
2019-9-9
Use props
nntom
lvl.3

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-9 07:41
Hello and good day nntom. I am sorry to know what is happened to your DJI Spark. Since there was a crash that happened. I would recommend you contact our DJI support team to start up a ticket for the said drone at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We have the professional team who would do their best to analyze what had happened to the said drone. Thank for your understanding and for your support.

Yes. Thanks. Already  had lines with your on line support and get advice to write to support@dji.com. Is it allowed to share flight log here ?
2019-9-9
Use props
nntom
lvl.3

ssylca44 Posted at 9-9 07:18
Very nice picture. Do you know the altitude when the spark fell? Cheers

19 meters.  
2019-9-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

nntom Posted at 9-9 08:14
Yes. Thanks. Already  had lines with your on line support and get advice to write to . Is it allowed to share flight log here ?

You are very much welcome nntom. It is great to know that you have already contacted our DJI support team. Our DJi support will give you instructions on how to through with the said process and on how to go through with the flight logs of the said DJI Spark.
2019-9-9
Use props
RJB1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 32031 ft

S-e-ven Posted at 9-9 07:31
This
"Anyway, the battery was laying down on the sea floor just 10cm beside Spark."
is the information, you need to get to DJI.

LOL he was at 19 meters height and you honestly think the battery fell out at that height and happened to land only 10cm away when it hit the water? The battery came out on impact, something else caused it to fall.
2019-9-9
Use props
ssylca44
Second Officer

RJB1 Posted at 9-9 13:35
LOL he was at 19 meters height and you honestly think the battery fell out at that height and happened to land only 10cm away when it hit the water? The battery came out on impact, something else caused it to fall.

You could be right RJB1!
2019-9-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

LOL he was at 19 meters height and you honestly think the battery fell out at that height and happened to land only 10cm away when it hit the water? The battery came out on impact, something else caused it to fall.

Hopefully he will post the log so we can take a look.  But I agree the battery falling out in the sky would not land so close on the sea bed.
2019-9-10
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>

LOL he was at 19 meters height and you honestly think the battery fell out at that height and happened to land only 10cm away when it hit the water? The battery came out on impact, something else caused it to fall.

With just that info, we have, I find it not unlikely that the battery fell out mid air and got found "10cm" away, which I read "close to the bird"

Right now, we don't know if the bird was hovering or if there was wind and how deep the water was.
Right?

Let DJI analyze the flight record, perhaps they wanna have the bird to try to get the log file from the black box.
But  this:

"On cashed video folder, video stopped filming in the air like lost power."

sounds at first like sudden power loss.
Any better idea to let a bird, 1:30 in the battery life, fall from the sky?

There is hope, here!
2019-9-10
Use props
nntom
lvl.3

No, I don't think that battery fell of the sky. Dji sent me answer. I think I'll sell it in parts. Hub charger, car charger for hub, 2 batteries, lot of spare propelers, signal booster, rc, polar filter, otg cabels, camera protector, bag. Maybe get some money.

Here is flight log address:

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/LL4FIEC0GXX4G4WR2TLJ/
2019-9-10
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>

nntom Posted at 9-10 16:54
No, I don't think that battery fell of the sky. Dji sent me answer. I think I'll sell it in parts. Hub charger, car charger for hub, 2 batteries, lot of spare propelers, signal booster, rc, polar filter, otg cabels, camera protector, bag. Maybe get some money.

Here is flight log address:

Hi.

If i see the pitch angles.... my guess is that the batt came little loose in your Spark, dropped both in sea and at impact the batt came off your Spark.

Rapid pitch angles from down to up to down....see the angles in the chart.

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
2019-9-11
Use props
nntom
lvl.3

JJB* Posted at 9-11 07:31
Hi.

If i see the pitch angles.... my guess is that the batt came little loose in your Spark, dropped both in sea and at impact the batt came off your Spark.
[Image]
Hi... I'm afraid I don't understand what is pitch angle, and what is a cause of red pitch angle. But, sudden loosing power in the air is strange.
Anyway , DJI support have mailed me and suggest to send Spark to them to determine a cause and if it is not their fault, I should pay for transfer and for repair. I can not take that offer and take a risk to pay more than it worth. I hope you understand becouse english is not my language.
2019-9-11
Use props
nntom
lvl.3

And, I don't want to make drama of this. Everything can become broken, and why not drone. I took a risk to loose it when I bought it and every long flight and flight over the water was stressful...If I make some money, I'll be glad to buy Mavic mini or Spark 2. And, in my country, with monthly fees of 200 to 300 euros, without being pathetic, buying drone is a big deal
2019-9-11
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>

nntom Posted at 9-11 11:46
Hi... I'm afraid I don't understand what is pitch angle, and what is a cause of red pitch angle. But, sudden loosing power in the air is strange.
Anyway , DJI support have mailed me and suggest to send Spark to them to determine a cause and if it is not their fault, I should pay for transfer and for repair. I can not take that offer and take a risk to pay more than it worth. I hope you understand becouse english is not my language.

Hi nntom,

Pitch down and up = angle of an craft in the longitudinal axis = nose down or up.
Red doesn`t mean nothing in my chart, just a color where green is the color for the roll angle.

Cheers
JJB
2019-9-11
Use props
nntom
lvl.3

JJB* Posted at 9-11 12:04
Hi nntom,

Pitch down and up = angle of an craft in the longitudinal axis = nose down or up.
Thanks JJB.
And, what is in your opinion, relation between pitch angle and battery?
2019-9-11
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>

nntom Posted at 9-11 12:07
Thanks JJB.
And, what is in your opinion, relation between pitch angle and battery?

My opinion is that i see rapid changes in pitch attitude in SPORT mode, from nose down to nose up and nose down again. Typical a situation where a battery can come loose if not clicked good in the craft.

So my guess is a loose battery disconnecting the power supply to the drone but still in the craft, at impact at sea it came loose from the craft. (this because batt + craft were found close to each other)

cheers
JJB
2019-9-11
Use props
nntom
lvl.3

SPARKY IS LIVE  !!!!!   Suddenly, light up my room!!!  
Had a problem with battery info, cleaned very rusty and dirty flat cable connectors. Camera and all sensors work super, but have to send to very good servis to inspect it and replace GPS modul and antena wire( I broke exidently).
Anyway, serviser told me that I did a very good job throwing it in tap water, opened it and wash all elements.

Update soon. Thanks   ))

DJI, I think you did very good job with Spark to prevent  damage from water. But, battery died and you could do something in future about.
2019-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules