Never been so badly treated. READ THIS.
1685 10 2019-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans069dcf1c
lvl.1

OK, so I was prompted to download the latest firmware on my five weeks old Mavic Pro Platinum that was working perfectly. After downloading and installing the latest fw the drone started acting irratically. Spinning around its own axis, saying ”p-exit GPS” (the drone took off by itself) etc etc.

Sent it to DJI in the NL which confirmed that the compass board was faulty and that it was covered by warranty. I was gonna get a refurb instead of my drone which I didn´t want since mine was five weeks old with approx 9 hrs of flight on it and had been handled with Silk gloves.

My case was escalated to a manager.

I asked him why they couldn´t repaire my drone and send it back and in the e-mail he said: ”The more you tinker on a unit, the more risks you have. And I am most sure you would not want your craft to experience any kind of increased risk of course.” Makes you wonder about the refurbs.

After a lot of mailing back and forth and also reading about this ”procedure” on forums I realized I will get nowhere with this so I saved my energy and accepted the refurb. The manager (out of respect I will not at this point mention his name) said if the refurb would be faulty he would personally handle my case in order to save time.

Received the refurb only to find that it had the exact same problem. Wrote an e-mail back where I described this. Below is the e-mail I received from the manager:

”Dear Stefan,

Thank you for your message. I am going to be very short. We have given our statement that we will follow the normal process and why we do that. We have also stated that since we have done nothing wrong according to policy and law we will not compensate you for something we did do nothing wrong with. On top of that I have offered to personally guide your return would the return product itself fall outside of your obviously critical and personal assessment of its quality. This much, I was at least willing to offer to show you I do care for your "situation".

In the end, it matters little to me what "cards you pull" as I will do what I must. If you insist you are above law and policy and would like to make a case for it than by all means please revisit the earlier emails and take note of my direction to legal. Make up your papers and start your process. Do what you think you must do.

In the meantime, we will continue as we had so neatly agreed to last time. I will give you the personal advise to spend less time on the internet. It's easy to find what one is looking for this way since people with proper service are much less prone to leave comments than those that find themselves in outrage. You're only scaring yourself this way.

Kind Regards,”

Let´s break this down:

”…personally guide your return…” – he asked a collegue who forgot about it.

”… obviously critical and personal assessment of its quality.” – for letting them know the drone has the same problem…?

”…above law and policy…” – I will not lower myself to even comment on this

To his ”defence” – he hadn´t seen my first e-mail where I explained the refurb didn´t work, he had only seen the following e-mail I sent which was very correct and businesslike (I had a lawyer proof read it).

If I, at my work had sent an e-mail like this (where you go after someone personally) to any client for any reason – I would probably never be aloud to have client contacts ever again.

When realizing his ”mistake” as he calls it he apologizes a thousand times and saying that this time he can send me a brand new stock unit.

”I can offer a return label and have the unit tested here, and after confirmation switch around for a new stock unit. Which is possible this time due to this being a second return and we will indeed take our responsibility when necessary”- it was confirmed that the refurb was faulty.

”And you are correct of course, but we still need to verify it for the records…”- when I again asked him to keep his promise about sending a new one.

Today I was informed that they have sent another refurb, after the manager e-mailed me saying that: ”I have taken a quick look today and the unit is now in its quality assurance phase. Meaning it will be dispatched today (if it passes the test of course).”

I can honestly say that I have never been so badly treated by anyone in my entire life.

I am not seeking to gain from this, but I have spent more than a month on this and being called both this and that.

All I want is that DJI keep their promises. Any compensation I´ll leave at DJI´s discretion.

2019-9-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, sorry to know the issues you had with our Managers. However, I am afraid to tell you that the solution to your case remains the same. Please do understand that we consider your satisfaction and to provide the support as far as possible, however, we still have policies to abide. We hope you understand the situation. Thank you and sorry for the
2019-9-9
Use props
fans069dcf1c
lvl.1

DJI Diana Posted at 9-9 09:53
Hi, sorry to know the issues you had with our Managers. However, I am afraid to tell you that the solution to your case remains the same. Please do understand that we consider your satisfaction and to provide the support as far as possible, however, we still have policies to abide. We hope you understand the situation. Thank you and sorry for the

Hi Diana,

So then it’s OK to promise one thing in writing and then for some reason not keeping that promise....?
2019-9-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fans069dcf1c Posted at 9-9 10:24
Hi Diana,

So then it’s OK to promise one thing in writing and then for some reason not keeping that promise....?

Hi, On behalf of DJI I extend my sincere apologies for the issues that you have experienced with us. We already forwarded this issue to the Designated Team for them to respond to your issue via email or phone as soon as possible. Please wait patiently. Appreciate your support and understanding.
2019-9-9
Use props
fans069dcf1c
lvl.1

DJI Diana Posted at 9-9 10:53
Hi, On behalf of DJI I extend my sincere apologies for the issues that you have experienced with us. We already forwarded this issue to the Designated Team for them to respond to your issue via email or phone as soon as possible. Rest assured that this will be sorted out sooner and with ease. Appreciate your support and understanding.

That felt like an automated answer. If a manager at DJI promises to take responsibility and promises several times in writing to do that in a certain way I will accept nothing else but DJI honoring what they have agreed to.
2019-9-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fans069dcf1c Posted at 9-9 11:10
That felt like an automated answer. If a manager at DJI promises to take responsibility and promises several times in writing to do that in a certain way I will accept nothing else but DJI honoring what they have agreed to.

Hi, sorry to read and knew about your frustrations and troubles you've had with us. We'll forward and seek the attention of the designated team to follow up on this case and please do understand that we cannot intervene with any cases being escalated to a higher level of management. Thank you.
2019-9-9
Use props
fansfa7640af
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9117657 ft
  • >>>

Case # CAS-3482549-C7T3V9 Question for yas . I’m currently arguing with DJI over an apparent battery fell out of the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom.  They are telling me It’s pilot error . Everything was fine , as i took off, i was watching craft as i normally do and glancing at app. At 2 seconds into flight as i was taking off , a brief warning stating battery not installed properly came up for 2.5 seconds and disappeared without me ever seeing it until the drone went missing and i replayed the flight log. If there was a a supposed battery connection issue, #1 why would there not even  a constant warning, and #2 why would it let me take off , or even #3 return or land immediately.  After 2 weeks if searching , we just found battery on roof of restaurant. Someone definitely grabbed drone as soon as it crashed , no where to be found . But pilot error is being ruled . As u can see Im not new, how is it pilot error when a warning should be constant this is just dangerous. Lucky roof didn’t burn
0A3CA7FD-4622-4ACB-BC6C-AB7A20C70DF7.png
2019-9-10
Use props
fansfa7640af
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9117657 ft
  • >>>

And they are telling me I acknowledged it by pressing x lol there is no X on this warning . It quickly came up and disappeared. I’m trying to show a screen shot .
2019-9-10
Use props
SupCarlos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1454193 ft
  • >>>

This is an excellent case of how DJI customer service is non-existent. DJI need to understand that your number one priority is profit, how do you get it? by keeping customers happy and spending their money on your expensive products.  If a customer is not happy, do you think we will return to buy your products? of course not.  I am afraid that DJI has failed to understand this, probably because there is a big cultural difference between American/European companies and Chinese. It truly saddens me that this company can produce amazing products, yet fail to support their customer with their needs.

What an absolute waste. stop being so greedy and just give the customer what they want. 80% of sales are return customers you dummies.. keep us coming back or go bankrupt
2019-9-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansfa7640af Posted at 9-10 05:04
And they are telling me I acknowledged it by pressing x lol there is no X on this warning . It quickly came up and disappeared. I’m trying to show a screen shot .

Hi there, sorry for your loss, according to the data analysis, at flight time T=00:03, the warning of “Battery not installed properly. Return to home immediately. Check and re-install battery” appeared, which means it immediately appeared after you took off, it is customers' responsibility to double-check everything before the flight, moreover, the APP has also warned. But you ignored it and kept flying which caused the flyaway.

We have done our best to develop the APP to make it more intelligent and give all the possible warning to customers for reference, if it is still not enough, we will surely forward to our engineers for further optimization, but in your case, this is clearly a pilot error, appreciate your understanding.
2019-9-10
Use props
Theruleman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41611 ft

Reading this makes me sick to my stomach, the letter you got warrants that the guy fire himself.  I mean WTF if going on today, nobody gives slack and upper managers make policy in their domain that is completely asinine.   I bet he slaps around his own family at night, people  like that are real assholes around those that depend on them.
2019-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules