Phone holder
1265 5 2019-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
darrins
lvl.4

I'm looking at the videos and photos of the OM3 and it seems like it is intended to use with a caseless phone. I have an iPhone XS Max in a Otterbox Pop Sockets case. I'm wondering if it will fit inside of it?
2019-9-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're hoping that you could get the best recommendation in regards to this query. For additional information, you may refer to the specs below for compatible device with the Osmo mobile 3. Thank you for your support.

Weight: 200 +/-30 g;
Thickness: ≤ 9.5 mm;
Width: 62-88 mm
2019-9-10
Use props
FarmerMac
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1215079 ft
  • >>>

I use the OM3 with my iPhone XS in Apple’s original slim case. I have to be careful when mounting the phone in OM3. Otherwise there is a risk that it slip out.
This is not a problem for me as long as I’m aware of it, but in your case I think it could be a problem because of the bulky design of the Otterboxes.
2019-9-10
Use props
darrins
lvl.4

FarmerMac Posted at 9-10 23:39
I use the OM3 with my iPhone XS in Apple’s original slim case. I have to be careful when mounting the phone in OM3. Otherwise there is a risk that it slip out.
This is not a problem for me as long as I’m aware of it, but in your case I think it could be a problem because of the bulky design of the Otterboxes.

Thanks for your advice. Why don’t companies make these with a larger opening. Almost everyone uses a case.
2019-9-11
Use props
RoddyP
New
United Kingdom

I'm using an Osmo Mobile 3 with a Moto G8 Plus (9.09mm thick, so allegedly fine)

With the standard holder the phone is really insecure and if you're not careful will get launched into the air by the gimbal!

To fix this I've removed the large rubber X-shaped piece in the holder (Goodbye warranty, I'm sure)  it's well glued - you'll need to carefully lift an edge with a knife then it can be peeled off.

However, the phone is now held much more securely, and is even OK when in a case

As the optional sticky pads are already supplied with the Osmo, why not just make this rubber piece much thinner in the first place??
2020-1-20
Use props
djiuser_kxk6ehJcAdlW
New

Pakistan

Das OM3, bei dem es sich um ein Pop-Zubehör handelt, soll mit einem hüllenlosen Telefon oder mit einer dünnen Hülle verwendet werden.

Die Otterbox Pop Attachments-Hülle, die Sie für Ihr iPhone XS Max haben, ist möglicherweise zu dick, als dass der OM3 hineinpassen könnte.

Der beste Weg, dies zu bestätigen, besteht darin, die Dicke Ihres Telefongehäuses zu messen und es den Komponenten des OM3 gegenüberzustellen. Sie können die Website oder das Handbuch für den Artikel überprüfen, es sollte die Schätzungen des Artikels enthalten
2023-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules