DJI not acknowledging bad batteries 2018.7
2803 25 2019-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SIG-FG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 646014 ft

The other day I wonder over to the battery section of AirData( https://airdata.com/) and discover I had Major Cell Deviations on my last flight.  Digging deeper I discovered the issue exists on 2 of my 3 batteries.  One had 41 flights with the deviations starting in February, the other 33 Flights started in March, both now have deviations ranging from 0.201 - 0.233.  The deviations seem to always occur at high RPM's during climbing or max speed (P-Mode).  Digging even deeper, I confirmed the data using DJI GO Logs on https://www.phantomhelp.com and sadly discovered numerous threads on mavicpilots.com where others with batteries from 2018.7 have started to fail with very little cycles.  My Phantom batteries have been flawless from day one and I've only used DJI chargers, leaving me to conclude that these first batch of batteries had an issue with QC.  Needless to say, DJI stands by their 6-month warranty leaving me $320 down the tube.  
If you have 2018.7 batteries and also have this problem, please post so we can hold DJI accountable to acknowledge the issue.

Deviations

Deviations

Cycles

Cycles
bat2.jpg
19-9-2019 1-15-52 PM.jpg
2019-9-11
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>

dji has a history of not admitting wrong and quietly fixing things and/or denying any and all wrong.  i said it many times here that DJI is the Apple of the sky..  just like apple they need to be slammed hard before they come out and say anything on the topic, which is unfortunate because just makes DJI look disgusting as a company, vs if DJI was to admit wrong, and be willing to replace batteries and willing to replace effected stuff..sure costs money but doesn't make DJI look like a pile of trash as a company.  

i spoken to people who fly other aircraft and may know people who shoot scenes for videos and movies and stuff on drones and general consensus is that no one wants to even touch DJI products, some people have tried inspire 1 or 2 and while great drones its a sh*t company they said if you have a problem and its DJi and you fighting an uphill battle.   they not even totally upset about certain level of lock in that happens and pricing because that's common in pro video and photo world.  its most how anti consumer they are,  if their huge ass Autel heavy lift octocopter (used for carrying RED cameras and Phantom slow motion cameras) has a failure, Autel wouldn't even bat an eye about throwing them out another battery or replacing dead motors or broken arms, even lending them another unit while fixing theirs... and yes fixing theirs, not throwing them a refurbished unit because hat can matter if they made modifications to improve their own experience.
2019-9-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>

Have you had any swelling and if so can you post photos .
2019-9-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

HereForTheBeer Posted at 9-11 10:25
dji has a history of not admitting wrong and quietly fixing things and/or denying any and all wrong.  i said it many times here that DJI is the Apple of the sky..  just like apple they need to be slammed hard before they come out and say anything on the topic, which is unfortunate because just makes DJI look disgusting as a company, vs if DJI was to admit wrong, and be willing to replace batteries and willing to replace effected stuff..sure costs money but doesn't make DJI look like a pile of trash as a company.  

i spoken to people who fly other aircraft and may know people who shoot scenes for videos and movies and stuff on drones and general consensus is that no one wants to even touch DJI products, some people have tried inspire 1 or 2 and while great drones its a sh*t company they said if you have a problem and its DJi and you fighting an uphill battle.   they not even totally upset about certain level of lock in that happens and pricing because that's common in pro video and photo world.  its most how anti consumer they are,  if their huge ass Autel heavy lift octocopter (used for carrying RED cameras and Phantom slow motion cameras) has a failure, Autel wouldn't even bat an eye about throwing them out another battery or replacing dead motors or broken arms, even lending them another unit while fixing theirs... and yes fixing theirs, not throwing them a refurbished unit because hat can matter if they made modifications to improve their own experience.

Don’t be so ridiculous your not helping anyone, least of all the OP, you seem to spend your time these days ranting about the most ridiculous notions .
2019-9-11
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>

hallmark007 Posted at 9-11 11:50
Don’t be so ridiculous your not helping anyone, least of all the OP, you seem to spend your time these days ranting about the most ridiculous notions .

helping by telling people to avoid DJI
2019-9-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

HereForTheBeer Posted at 9-11 11:53
helping by telling people to avoid DJI

What kind of a hypocrite does that make you ?
2019-9-11
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>

hallmark007 Posted at 9-11 11:55
What kind of a hypocrite does that make you ?

the fact them im working on returning my mavic 2?
2019-9-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

HereForTheBeer Posted at 9-11 14:52
the fact them im working on returning my mavic 2?

Go for it .
2019-9-11
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>

i am already xD
2019-9-11
Use props
SIG-FG
lvl.2

hallmark007 Posted at 9-11 11:48
Have you had any swelling and if so can you post photos .

None of mine have swollen.  I didn’t even notice the issue until recently because my runtimes remain within 2-3 mins of each other.
2019-9-12
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>

I mean u did have them for quite along time and in terms of lipos is very long. How long did you expect them to last. Also this is why dji only has 6 mnth warranty. Also they do not have many flights so they probably sat around how did you take care of them? I'm lucky if I get 6 to 8 months with my RC heli lipos. Did u keep them at storage? Hopefully u didnt let them self discharge the 10 days dji gives. thats wayyy to long more like 2 days and u should ve discharging yourself. U never want a charged lipo sitting around. Nor taking it past 15 % all the time . All 3 9f my lipos from 9/2018 have 70 + charges each no swelling and perform great. Interested to hear how u took care of them.
2019-9-12
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

hallmark007 Posted at 9-11 14:59
Go for it .

Hallmark still the troll of trolls....i remember proving your sorry @$$ wrong in spark forum with flight logs and tgen a youtube video to prove to u that sport mode could be made to go faster..... You know what's funny you have quite the fan base everybody came on to comment on how much they hate you how big of a grumpy sorry bloke you are.....always trying to discredit someone.....now thats hilarious!!! Do u have a gf? Do u ever get out of the basement and out of your tightie whities to go into the world? Take a breath man we know u look like a cracked out beetlejuice but dont take it out on other forum members. We all told u this before its just not nice.
2019-9-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 9-12 05:49
Hallmark still the troll of trolls....i remember proving your sorry @$$ wrong in spark forum with flight logs and tgen a youtube video to prove to u that sport mode could be made to go faster..... You know what's funny you have quite the fan base everybody came on to comment on how much they hate you how big of a grumpy sorry bloke you are.....always trying to discredit someone.....now thats hilarious!!! Do u have a gf? Do u ever get out of the basement and out of your tightie whities to go into the world? Take a breath man we know u look like a cracked out beetlejuice but dont take it out on other forum members. We all told u this before its just not nice.

What an idiot you are, you’ve been hanging around here, all mouth and no trousers, all your comments are similar you try to vary this by applying them to as many as you can, the forum dope, again you forgot to read before you commented and ended talking through your ar#e again, some fools will never learn.
That must have been a great victory for you, I don’t remember it, but maybe post it again or are you just so full of sh#t you have to make up stuff.

“Don't be ashamed of your ignorance, be ashamed of your unwillingness to overcome it”
2019-9-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 9-12 05:44
I mean u did have them for quite along time and in terms of lipos is very long. How long did you expect them to last. Also this is why dji only has 6 mnth warranty. Also they do not have many flights so they probably sat around how did you take care of them? I'm lucky if I get 6 to 8 months with my RC heli lipos. Did u keep them at storage? Hopefully u didnt let them self discharge the 10 days dji gives. thats wayyy to long more like 2 days and u should ve discharging yourself. U never want a charged lipo sitting around. Nor taking it past 15 % all the time . All 3 9f my lipos from 9/2018 have 70 + charges each no swelling and perform great. Interested to hear how u took care of them.

I think nowadays lipo batteries are a bit smarter than you , considering the diatribe of complete BS you just posted.
To many idiots commenting around here and you take the biscuit........
2019-9-12
Use props
SIG-FG
lvl.2

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 9-12 05:44
I mean u did have them for quite along time and in terms of lipos is very long. How long did you expect them to last. Also this is why dji only has 6 mnth warranty. Also they do not have many flights so they probably sat around how did you take care of them? I'm lucky if I get 6 to 8 months with my RC heli lipos. Did u keep them at storage? Hopefully u didnt let them self discharge the 10 days dji gives. thats wayyy to long more like 2 days and u should ve discharging yourself. U never want a charged lipo sitting around. Nor taking it past 15 % all the time . All 3 9f my lipos from 9/2018 have 70 + charges each no swelling and perform great. Interested to hear how u took care of them.

Seeing as my Phantom batteries all made it past 200+ flights and my lowest  Align Trex 450 battery made it to 150, I'd say 41 is pretty low.  And yes, I'm fully aware of how to care for batteries and alway store them between 60-40%.  I travel every week but try to fly on the weekends.  The only time I've had a battery below 10% is when I conditioning them once every 3-4 months.  They've never been stored in a hot car.

As for the other chatter, can we please keep to the topic and do you troll bashing elsewhere, please.
2019-9-12
Use props
SIG-FG
lvl.2

Sadly, Over the weekend my third and final battery started to swell.  
1st - I find it odd that I only flew 6 mins and had no cell deviation on this one.  After the 6 min flight, I landed and was going to get one more shot, but before takeoff, I received the battery not connected message.  I removed the battery and discovered it had puffed.

2nd - coincidently, DJI released a battery update today that adjusted the auto discharge default down to 5 days, all offers are 10.  Are the Mavic 2 batteries more sensitive than all of the others?

2019-9-16
Use props
SIG-FG
lvl.2

Also, I'm sure someone will point out the Max Temp as being the cause.   
Mavic 2 Operating Temperature Range        -10°C to 40°C (14° F - 104° F).   From my math, the battery temperature increases 50-60° F on a 15-25 min flight.  To stay under 104° F I'd only be able to fly on days where the temperature was 50° F.  Therefore, I assume DJI is referring to the temperature prior to takeoff.  If not, I guess I'm reduced to flying during the six weeks our temperatures are under 50° F.
2019-9-16
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>

SIG-FG Posted at 9-16 06:55
Also, I'm sure someone will point out the Max Temp as being the cause.   
Mavic 2 Operating Temperature Range        -10°C to 40°C (14° F - 104° F).   From my math, the battery temperature increases 50-60° F on a 15-25 min flight.  To stay under 104° F I'd only be able to fly on days where the temperature was 50° F.  Therefore, I assume DJI is referring to the temperature prior to takeoff.  If not, I guess I'm reduced to flying during the six weeks our temperatures are under 50° F.
[view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image]

Something is definitely going on with certain M2P batteries.  Unfortunately, it will blanketed like all of DJI’s previous mistakes.  Odds are, the battery fix today prevents the newer batteries (unofficial v 2.0) from having any issues.  This is what you can do when you don’t have any true rivals and generally make the best stuff...
2019-9-16
Use props
Gimpy
lvl.4

SIG-FG Posted at 9-16 06:45
Sadly, Over the weekend my third and final battery started to swell.  
1st - I find it odd that I only flew 6 mins and had no cell deviation on this one.  After the 6 min flight, I landed and was going to get one more shot, but before takeoff, I received the battery not connected message.  I removed the battery and discovered it had puffed.

Superficially, at least, there's no connection between the latest firmware release and the reports of swollen Mavic 2 batteries, though it's always possible that DJI knows and has done more than they're telling. Apparently they're just adding the same capability to specify the number of days before self-discharging occurs (as opposed to the fixed 10 days that was used up until now).

Also, the operating temperature range you mentioned is ambient (outside air) temperature and not the battery temperature. The battery can (and often will) get hotter than 40° C / 104° F during normal operation.
2019-9-16
Use props
SIG-FG
lvl.2

Gimpy Posted at 9-16 07:19
Superficially, at least, there's no connection between the latest firmware release and the reports of swollen Mavic 2 batteries, though it's always possible that DJI knows and has done more than they're telling. Apparently they're just adding the same capability to specify the number of days before self-discharging occurs (as opposed to the fixed 10 days that was used up until now).

Also, the operating temperature range you mentioned is ambient (outside air) temperature and not the battery temperature. The battery can (and often will) get hotter than 40° C / 104° F during normal operation.

Thanks for that info Gimpy
2019-9-16
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

I disposed 5 batteries recently. They were all swollen. Cell deviation and other parameters looked good at all of them but still...
Manufacturing date of those was July + August 2018.
2019-9-16
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 9-12 05:49
Hallmark still the troll of trolls....i remember proving your sorry @$$ wrong in spark forum with flight logs and tgen a youtube video to prove to u that sport mode could be made to go faster..... You know what's funny you have quite the fan base everybody came on to comment on how much they hate you how big of a grumpy sorry bloke you are.....always trying to discredit someone.....now thats hilarious!!! Do u have a gf? Do u ever get out of the basement and out of your tightie whities to go into the world? Take a breath man we know u look like a cracked out beetlejuice but dont take it out on other forum members. We all told u this before its just not nice.

I thought you were murdered by the mafia? How have you been?
2019-9-16
Use props
SIG-FG
lvl.2

Completly sick to my stomach that I'm forced to give DJI more of my money knowing very well that they have/had a battery issue with the Mavic 2.
2019-9-18
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

hallmark007 Posted at 9-12 06:06
I think nowadays lipo batteries are a bit smarter than you , considering the diatribe of complete BS you just posted.
To many idiots commenting around here and you take the biscuit........
Aww whats the matter cupcake? I know i know im wrong u are right. Im the dope and u are the man...
2019-9-29
Use props
Wfuzaia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 262051 ft
  • >>>

it,s matter of high tempruture while using the battery, or storing the battery in high temberture enviroment.
the date of manufacture it dos'nt effect at all, is matter of tecnology of manufacturing LiPo Battery.

the high tempruture is the worst enemy for LiPo Battery.

most who had SWELLING eather they leave it in car (some times when the temprutre out side 30c it can reach  up to 47 c inside the car when it expose to the sun)
2019-10-1
Use props
SIG-FG
lvl.2

Wfuzaia Posted at 10-1 00:58
it,s matter of high tempruture while using the battery, or storing the battery in high temberture enviroment.
the date of manufacture it dos'nt effect at all, is matter of tecnology of manufacturing LiPo Battery.

Thanks Wfuzaia, but these have never left my 72 deg F home.
2019-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules