Moment Lens + Case + OnePlus 6T
1655 8 2019-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LilTommy813
lvl.1

Good afternoon fellow Osmo owners,

I have nearly every lens that Moment has out right now minus the filters and I just picked up the Osmo Mobile 3, and lets say this thing needs some type of counter-balancing. I have also purchased the Moment Counterweight as well, but I'm not finding a way to set this up to counter the weight of any of the lenses. I can barely get away with the anamorphic lens being on and finagling it to not hit the volume or power buttons. The issue is that the center of gravity point is near the top 1/3 of the phone. Curious has anyone come up with some type of DIY or if DJI has some plan for counter weights?
2019-9-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. As of the time being, we don't have counter-part accessory that can be used for the Osmo Mobile 3. We're hoping that you could get the best recommendation that you may need with regard to this matter. Thank you for continued support.
2019-9-11
Use props
Rameus
lvl.1

I have the same issue but worse on a Moment Wide lens on a Samsung Galaxy Note 8.  You can not use any of the solutions that exist for other gimbals because the first load bearing pivot is directly behind the mount.  But I do spy a little 3mm threaded socket on the correct side of the motor housing.  I have ordered some M3 0.5m pitch hex head screws and nuts to see if I can come up with a diy solution.  Standby....
2019-9-11
Use props
Rameus
lvl.1

DIY Mobile 3 counter weight     https://imgur.com/a/JsAYlvX/
2019-9-11
Use props
LilTommy813
lvl.1

Rameus Posted at 9-11 19:30
DIY Mobile 3 counter weight     https://imgur.com/a/JsAYlvX/

I dig it, might be the best option we'll have until we get something (if we get something) from DJI in the near future. I hate I just bought all of these lenses and basically have to be on standby until something comes out or DIY something. Oh well, how's this working out for you?
2019-9-12
Use props
Rameus
lvl.1

LilTommy813 Posted at 9-12 10:33
I dig it, might be the best option we'll have until we get something (if we get something) from DJI in the near future. I hate I just bought all of these lenses and basically have to be on standby until something comes out or DIY something. Oh well, how's this working out for you?

I can use the Moment Anamorphic lens if I scoot the phone all the way in so that the lens is as close as I can get to the clamp.  This is not so with the hefty 82 gram Moment wide lens because it is till does not balance.  I saw Niles from Moment demonstrate the wide on a DJi Osmo Moble 3 the video of him balancing but it was a bit edited so I am not convinced.  I did find this https://www.thorlabs.com/thorproduct.cfm?partnumber=AE3M25E    .  You would use this with a M3 0.5mm pitch screw.  Just cut of the hex head and put on the adapter to turn an M3 into a 1/4 20 standard internal thread.  Amazon has 1/4 20  threaded weights by a company called  Smallrig.  Some more parts arriving tomorrow........
2019-9-13
Use props
LilTommy813
lvl.1

Rameus Posted at 9-13 22:36
I can use the Moment Anamorphic lens if I scoot the phone all the way in so that the lens is as close as I can get to the clamp.  This is not so with the hefty 82 gram Moment wide lens because it is till does not balance.  I saw Niles from Moment demonstrate the wide on a DJi Osmo Moble 3 the video of him balancing but it was a bit edited so I am not convinced.  I did find this https://www.thorlabs.com/thorproduct.cfm?partnumber=AE3M25E    .  You would use this with a M3 0.5mm pitch screw.  Just cut of the hex head and put on the adapter to turn an M3 into a 1/4 20 standard internal thread.  Amazon has 1/4 20  threaded weights by a company called  Smallrig.  Some more parts arriving tomorrow........

Have you made any progress on your DIY counter-weight?
2019-9-19
Use props
Rameus
lvl.1

LilTommy813 Posted at 9-19 07:19
Have you made any progress on your DIY counter-weight?

Yes. I cobbled together some cylindrical tungsten weights that I stuck with heavy duty 3M double sided adhesive onto flat sided steel ferrules threaded (secured by nuts at either end) on a 50mm long  M3 0.5mm pitch hex bolt.  It works with the heavy 18mm moment lens and the amamorphic lens.  Proof of concept is there but since by weights are fixed, balancing is done by moving the phone around which is fiddly. If you have not noticed, the phone clamp needs two hands to prise open (DJI could have a done a better job here).  I see if can get you some photos.  So ideally, my weights should be screw on types so that I can balance using weights and pre marked balance points on my Moment phone lens case..  I just figured out that tungsten is very hard to drill or thread.  So for my next proto type , I ordered 1/4 inch brass stock rods.  Brass is relatively soft.  I plan to cut a 3mm 0.5mm pitch thread at one end and a standard 1/4 20 thread at the other.  Hopefully, I should be able to use some of the cheaper component weights from Amazon.  Company called Smallrig makes lots of camera bits.
2019-9-22
Use props
djiuser_2ctiYyaeG0Sn
New

United Kingdom

Same issue with oneplus 6T power button and moment case with osmo 3:  Wondered if using moment lens clamp rather than moment case might work as Osmo grips work OK when phone inserted without case (they go over and don't press power button)
2020-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules