Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Zoom wheel not pulling smooth in SC and a6500
2740 7 2019-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JRos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 677362 ft

Hi,

New to the Ronin Sc world, and willing to learn.
Well my setup is with a Sony a6500 with 18-105mm F4 from Sony and the Ronin Sc Pro combo.

The Ronin has the latest firmware available today, and as far as I know it addresses some issues with zoom, it make more smooth than before ¿?.
Well if now is smoother than before I don't know how crap it was... The initial setting for Zoom in the Ronin app is Slow so if I try the zoom didn't move at all, well yes it jitters from 18 to 19mm and nothing more!
But if I try to put in Fast, now it moves yes... but it makes lots of jumps, I mean I cannot move to a certain focal length (ex 65mm) it make some weird jumps like 18 to 26 to 48 to 56 and so on.. but I cannot get an exact number, simple didn't stop where I want. And the wheel travel is ridiculous short, few degrees in rotation tops.

The RoninS Focus Wheel has green light all the time.
Thew Sony is connected to the Ronin using the USB-C (Ronin side) to Micro USB Sony side. (Sony labeled cable)

Tomorrow I'll try to install the zoom motor, another new feature for the 6000 family... but now I didn't have lots of faith in it also.

Any help?

Thanks

2019-9-11
Use props
JRos
lvl.2

No one has this issue??
2019-9-12
Use props
Makakka
lvl.2

I think we all have. My setup a6300 and 18-105.
Focus pulling not work, zoom speed not work, force mobile not available for android users, problems with panorama (before and after last update)...
2019-9-12
Use props
JRos
lvl.2

Makakka Posted at 9-12 14:56
I think we all have. My setup a6300 and 18-105.
Focus pulling not work, zoom speed not work, force mobile not available for android users, problems with panorama (before and after last update)...

Wow.... I don't know how DJI can release such a crap of update...
A bit tired about companies that use final users to not beta test... ALPHA test.
2019-9-12
Use props
djiuser_XeAqe3TP8XQz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 85 ft

You are right. With the old firmware, I had seen it jump crazily, like 3x jumps compared to new firmware. The new firmware is better, but still I dont get usable footage. I did auto-tune, my balance test is excellent. Still this issue persists.

Also I am not happy with the gimbal. It's not too smooth. I have another gimbal Feiyutech G6 Plus (payload is 800 grams).  With my Panasonic G7 + Kit lens, I could get more beautiful shots with it. I never had to auto tune with I change to a prime lens. All I had to do was balance well. My Ronin SC gives good results only after auto-tuning everytime and its not close to G6Plus's stabilization. Not sure how it could be possible that a cheaper gimbal performs better than a gimbal from a company like DJI.
2019-9-19
Use props
JRos
lvl.2

djiuser_XeAqe3TP8XQz Posted at 9-19 22:51
You are right. With the old firmware, I had seen it jump crazily, like 3x jumps compared to new firmware. The new firmware is better, but still I dont get usable footage. I did auto-tune, my balance test is excellent. Still this issue persists.

Also I am not happy with the gimbal. It's not too smooth. I have another gimbal Feiyutech G6 Plus (payload is 800 grams).  With my Panasonic G7 + Kit lens, I could get more beautiful shots with it. I never had to auto tune with I change to a prime lens. All I had to do was balance well. My Ronin SC gives good results only after auto-tuning everytime and its not close to G6Plus's stabilization. Not sure how it could be possible that a cheaper gimbal performs better than a gimbal from a company like DJI.

Well for me the complains are about firmware, not hardware.
I'm pretty happy with the hardware itself and how it performs despite when enters in conflict with firmware issue of course.
My gear is an A6500 with 18-105, and sometimes with a rodhe mic on top... not an issue with calibration whatsoever.
I think people forget how gravity works, I mean if you put more weight on top of your camera you are shifting the cg, so in a platform like a gimbal with a short weight window you need to be very carefully on how much wight you put on it and how you distribute this weight.
2019-9-20
Use props
djiuser_XeAqe3TP8XQz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 85 ft

I balance it correctly. But when I compare with a cheaper gimbal, I feel it not smooth as it is. I don't use mic or anything as such. Just camera and lens.

Hope the firmware upgrades to a better one soon.
2019-9-22
Use props
Paul.mcb63
lvl.1
Flight distance : 334475 ft
  • >>>

I'm quite annoyed that I have to use the focus motor to do zoom on a power zoom lens. the electronic zoom is crap. one speed for in and out isn't good enough.I wouldn't have paid the extra money for a PZ lens if I'd known
2019-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules