New for a wireless remote for Osmo Action
12Next >
29252 63 2019-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tntoolman1
New

Took my Osmo Action on a cruiise to Alaska last week. Have a nice selfie stick with a mount for my iPhone X. When trying to do selfie's, even when the iPhone is mounted above the handle of the stick, it's very difficult to look at the camera and hit the photo button on the DJI app. Since there is no physical button on that model of the iPhone, you are really guessing where the botton is. If there is no plans for a remote (preferabliy water proof as well), looks like I take my GoPro on the next adventure, as I have a remote for that.
2019-9-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day tntoolman1. Thank you for reaching out and for the information you have shared with us. Rest assured that this thread will be cascaded to the proper DJI department for further development of the DJI Osmo Action, It's functionality and it's accessories. Thank you.
2019-9-13
Use props
djiuser_q3fxdTsMLDij
New

Hallo,
I am new. I use the DJI Osmo Action to make clips for the footballteam. The OSMO is at 6,30 meter high lamp-stand!
I use the app to controll the on/off of the recording! The wlan range is very low (8 meters) and breaks off constantly!
I am very disappointed!

Befor the OSMO Action I used the two Gopro6 and the remote-control. It was possible to have syncronized records with on push (record on and off).
The range was up to 150 meters. Unfortunately, the wireless connection did not work reliably. As soon as the cams were in use for more than half an hour, the radio connection sporadically broke off! Cause: heat development! I was disappointed sold sold the Gopros and switched to OSM Action Cam.

Unfortunately, there is no remote control for the Osmo Action at all. I am bewildered!
Is a remote control planned here? If not, then please give me a clear answer!
I have to try for another camera that can do that!

Stefan

2019-10-7
Use props
MARK61
lvl.1
Italy

Ciao,anche io credo sia importante avere un telecomando per scattare foto e registrare video che possa funzionare senza usare lo smatphone
2019-10-20
Use props
MARK61
lvl.1
Italy

MARK61 Posted at 10-20 08:21
Ciao,anche io credo sia importante avere un telecomando per scattare foto e registrare video che possa funzionare senza usare lo smatphone

20191029_070311.jpg
2019-10-28
Use props
djiuser_I0MLJoQQAzJ4
New

India

Used it as a helmet cam and loved the osmo action. But without a remote it is extremely inconvenient to use while on the motorcycle. I'm regretting for not having bought the GoPro.
2019-11-10
Use props
Kaceyx
lvl.2
United States

Why don't you use the voice commands to start, stop recording and take photos?
2019-11-15
Use props
fanse98d6af1
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Can someone from DJI respond back on this? This can be a very important accessory that is much needed. I can definitely use one, that has great range and multi camera support.
2019-11-19
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

You may set up a photo and use the timed photo.

you may set the  wifi and use the phone and the same mode and feature

Yes be great to find a remote control. and see which one can trigger it.

DJI   good luck on a   answer, they only praise people and direct notes as they say or just say they do .....
Oh wait, I think today they fixed the  webhost . latest  response where I no longer have to scroll the dam page.... to recents.
2019-11-19
Use props
pbarnwell
lvl.3
United States

Kaceyx Posted at 11-15 04:18
Why don't you use the voice commands to start, stop recording and take photos?

I purchased the Osmo action and the Voice control works fairly well...  in a quiet environment..

Any noise, Talking, TV or radio on in the immediate area and voice control is near useless ... maybe if they incorporate a keyword. (IE: Alexa , Siri) like “Osmo take Photo” it would help. A wireless remote would be Great!!
2019-12-31
Use props
Robert2345
lvl.2
Pakistan

Why don't you use the voice commands to start?
2020-1-1
Use props
demonstrate
lvl.2
United States

+1 for a good remote.
2020-1-2
Use props
thrash_273
lvl.3
Flight distance : 595561 ft
  • >>>
United States

i do not trust remote control unless on a control environment like studio- (as long as i can see it) for an action cam purpose - i would rather trigger it manually since its really hard to replicate events/segment performances.
2020-1-2
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 452592 ft
  • >>>
United States

thrash_273 Posted at 1-2 09:00
i do not trust remote control unless on a control environment like studio- (as long as i can see it) for an action cam purpose - i would rather trigger it manually since its really hard to replicate events/segment performances.

+100 for a bluetooth or WIFI remote.
I can't switch from GoPro without a remote control.  I use the remote on my Kayak and the ability to start more than one camera so they sync startup times would be ideal.
2020-1-2
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

snorkel Posted at 1-2 13:58
+100 for a bluetooth or WIFI remote.
I can't switch from GoPro without a remote control.  I use the remote on my Kayak and the ability to start more than one camera so they sync startup times would be ideal.

The phone app is not acceptable for many situations and it would need to be at least water resistant.
2020-1-2
Use props
fansd4598461
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7910 ft
Switzerland

djiuser_I0MLJoQQAzJ4 Posted at 2019-11-10 04:12
Used it as a helmet cam and loved the osmo action. But without a remote it is extremely inconvenient to use while on the motorcycle. I'm regretting for not having bought the GoPro.

I have the same issue. Today Sony aging 3000x included own remote to wear as a watch. It ensure we record many clips easy and fast during hundreds of km/miles ride.

GoPro can use Apple Watch for the same purpose

You can’t use voice control as you are wearing a helmet.

So Dji please provide remote capability like Apple Watch to cover this use case. I got YouTube channel where you can see the use cases and why absolute control is critical.

Thx in advance
2020-1-5
Use props
pbarnwell
lvl.3
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2019-9-13 09:37
Hello and good day tntoolman1. Thank you for reaching out and for the information you have shared with us. Rest assured that this thread will be cascaded to the proper DJI department for further development of the DJI Osmo Action, It's functionality and it's accessories. Thank you.

Ok I've now actually used the Osmo Action for a Couple weeks and Have found the Voice control to be a Fun little party trick but depending on the backround noise which is impossible to control The camera is either taking pictures on its own or totaly Ignoring when asked to take Photo, Start recording , switch Screens or Shut down..  and the App on the IPhone while it does work Great is really inconvient to use with a Selfie stickcome on guys You Have drones flying all over the world remotely operated this should be a Snap for You to roll out a good quality bluetooth remote...
2020-1-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

pbarnwell Posted at 1-6 13:30
Ok I've now actually used the Osmo Action for a Couple weeks and Have found the Voice control to be a Fun little party trick but depending on the backround noise which is impossible to control The camera is either taking pictures on its own or totaly Ignoring when asked to take Photo, Start recording , switch Screens or Shut down..  and the App on the IPhone while it does work Great is really inconvient to use with a Selfie stickcome on guys You Have drones flying all over the world remotely operated this should be a Snap for You to roll out a good quality bluetooth remote...

Hello and good day pbarnwell. Thank you for these information you have shared. Rest assure that these information will also be forwarded to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you.
2020-1-6
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Yep, the voice controls are ok indoors, but outdoors like on a Kayak with a bit of wind, totally useless.
Wish list would be for a remote that could start and stop two or more cams for a multi cam/angle setup.
2020-1-6
Use props
pbarnwell
lvl.3
United States

Robert2345 Posted at 1-1 10:22
Why don't you use the voice commands to start?

Any noise, Talking, TV or radio on in the immediate area and voice control is near useless
2020-1-9
Use props
cloudrider?
New

Australia

I'm another for a remote control..... something I can see and select an option. My Osmo Action is mounted on my bike upside down, under my bars and it's a non event to operate by grope. For safety I have to stop and manually go through the activation process. The voice activation is very hit/miss as described above ... dirt road, gravel noise and it's not listening.
2020-1-20
Use props
Flonid
New
Poland

Buying Osmo Action I thought it has bluetooth remote possibility to use with bluetooth selfie stick or bluetooth gimbal. Now I`m disappointed. Correct it DJI soon, pls!
2020-1-28
Use props
pbarnwell
lvl.3
United States

Any update from DJI other similar cameras have this option , let’s get moving DJI
2020-2-13
Use props
stormlcc
New

Singapore

this might be the most requested thing in DJI forums and is the only thing preventing me from buying this camera.  true there are other methods to take selfies without a remote (e.g. timer mode) but it's not as fast / responsive / convenient as a button.  i'm now considering GoPro, the only thing holding me back is the price because of the stupid media & camera mods are super expensive
2020-3-7
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Any update on a remote?  DJI can you farm this out to a third party like with the microphone adapter module?

We need the ability to remotely start and stop recordings on two or more cams.   Not sure if a bluetooth remote could do that but a WIFI remote should be able to broadcast commands to multiple cams.
Another option would be a wired remote control with a USB interface.  Wired would be great on a Kayak.
2020-4-10
Use props
pbarnwell
lvl.3
United States

Hello Testing 123 is anyone at DJI Listening Any update I REALLY like this camera Takes great photos/Videos just inconvenient to operate without a GOOD wireless remote or a Major upgrade on the Voice control  let’s get moving DJI

Please!!
2020-4-14
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

I remember grabbing a  universal remote, and playing around with each button, on my Kodak  camera and found a few  actions got it to work.  guess we are at the Mercy of DJI, or else.
2020-4-14
Use props
MARK61
lvl.1
Italy

Ciao, speravo dopo tanto tempo che qualcuno ci rispondeva per avere un telecomando. In molte occasioni è difficile usare osmo action senza il supporto del telecomando.Ci sono action cam a bassissimo prezzo che lo danno in dotazione. Non penso che sia tanto difficile produrre un telecomando per azione osmo.
2020-5-2
Use props
pbarnwell
lvl.3
United States

MARK61 I guess no one from DJI gives a damn about customers, they got our money for the camera an now they can move on to their next Drone
2020-5-3
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI, we really need a WIFI remote that can control multiple cameras, i.e. to start and stop filming so two or more camera's are closely in sync.  Makes editing multiple cam angles easier with less of a gap.
What I do now is just let my two osmo actions record for really long times as I can't really reach them on the Kayak.  
2020-5-4
Use props
alloffroad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6339409 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I also vote + for a remote Ideally to control two cameras, a WiFi connection with a little more reach would be also great
2020-5-9
Use props
djiuser_pZtbE7Fzlr6u
lvl.1
Flight distance : 125095 ft
Norway

Kjære Dji Osmo.
Vi må nå få en remotecontroll for osmo action. Kamerat er nesten ubrukelig som action kamera uten en fjernkontroll.
Jeg har gått tilbake til Gopro
2020-5-16
Use props
djiuser_pZtbE7Fzlr6u
lvl.1
Flight distance : 125095 ft
Norway

Kjære Dji OsmoAction
Bra kamera, men nesten ubrukelig uten en funksjonell remotecontroll.
Jeg har nå gått tilbake til gopro.
2020-5-16
Use props
Kaushik_bn
lvl.1

India

DJI,

We really need your attention here, These suggestions are from a customer prospective to improve the DJI's possible problems. Go for a remote control ....
2020-6-1
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40866 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I want a remote for multiple osmo’s too
2020-6-2
Use props
daniele.vologmail.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 153491 ft
Italy

+1 for remote control!
my old GoPro Hero (1) had the remote control...in 2010...

in some cases you can't use a mobile phone to activate or voice control.
I use my action camera on a Sailing Boat (Hobicat) in a position that I can reach by hands...
2020-6-4
Use props
djiuser_rFoIMXGQTdXg
New
United States

I am also interested in a remote for this camera.  I just got my Osmo Action today to replace my GoPro Hero 7 Black which had serious overheat issues.  However I do activities such as rafting and anyone who has ever been rafting knows you absolutely can not be fumbling with a phone in that environment.  I remote that can attach to the wrist like GoPro's remote can would be fantastic.  My skydiving activities also have the same demand.  I also use cameras like these during driving to make time lapse videos or catch certain events along my travels as a truck driver.  I always kept the remote on my wrist for that as well because while driving is not the time to be fumbling with a phone or reaching for the physical camera itself.  

Please, DJI, consider such an accessory.
2020-8-25
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI, common your killing us here with no decent remote control option.
The voice control would kind of of work but for some reason you have it set to STOP recording if it is already recording and you say "Start Recording"   So the voice control is useless for two cams.  They get into a endless cycle of one starting and the other stopping.   
2020-8-28
Use props
djiuser_eKbQcPEWwWFS
lvl.1
United States

Agreed on a nice wireless remote since voice control is tricky at best.
2020-8-31
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The voice control is pure junk, especially with more than one camera.
For some reason saying "start Recording" to a already recording camera stops it, which makes 0 sense.
2020-9-2
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules