New for a wireless remote for Osmo Action
29206 63 2019-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_gleVKNb6CyZx
lvl.1

India

djiuser_I0MLJoQQAzJ4 Posted at 2019-11-10 04:12
Used it as a helmet cam and loved the osmo action. But without a remote it is extremely inconvenient to use while on the motorcycle. I'm regretting for not having bought the GoPro.

Hi all , i am from india. I struggled with osmo action not having a remote. So i made a DIY version solution of it. So now it works with normal bluetooth selfie remotes available in market. As it is working for me,I want to upload into play store and sell if many people are interested.

The app basically connects with bluetooth remote and dji mimo. Whenever bluetooth remote is pressed, it will open dji mimo and press record button by using android auto input methods. This is just a workaround but it works and cheap. Only limitation is for now i tested only on android , range is limited to bluetooth range,but still u will be having a remote.

So i am here to see how many people are interested to buy the app and at what price to see if it is all worth a shot.lemme know ur thoughts

vaddiajayrathode@gmail.com
2020-10-25
Use props
djiuser_gleVKNb6CyZx
lvl.1

India

djiuser_rFoIMXGQTdXg Posted at 8-25 15:31
I am also interested in a remote for this camera.  I just got my Osmo Action today to replace my GoPro Hero 7 Black which had serious overheat issues.  However I do activities such as rafting and anyone who has ever been rafting knows you absolutely can not be fumbling with a phone in that environment.  I remote that can attach to the wrist like GoPro's remote can would be fantastic.  My skydiving activities also have the same demand.  I also use cameras like these during driving to make time lapse videos or catch certain events along my travels as a truck driver.  I always kept the remote on my wrist for that as well because while driving is not the time to be fumbling with a phone or reaching for the physical camera itself.  

Please, DJI, consider such an accessory.

Hi all , i am from india. I struggled with osmo action not having a remote. So i made a DIY version solution of it. So now it works with normal bluetooth selfie remotes available in market. As it is working for me,I want to upload into play store and sell if many people are interested.

The app basically connects with bluetooth remote and dji mimo. Whenever bluetooth remote is pressed, it will open dji mimo and press record button by using android auto input methods. This is just a workaround but it works and cheap. Only limitation is for now i tested only on android , range is limited to bluetooth range,but still u will be having a remote.

So i am here to see how many people are interested to buy the app and at what price to see if it is all worth a shot.lemme know ur thoughts

2020-10-25
Use props
djiuser_gleVKNb6CyZx
lvl.1

India

djiuser_rFoIMXGQTdXg Posted at 8-25 15:31
I am also interested in a remote for this camera.  I just got my Osmo Action today to replace my GoPro Hero 7 Black which had serious overheat issues.  However I do activities such as rafting and anyone who has ever been rafting knows you absolutely can not be fumbling with a phone in that environment.  I remote that can attach to the wrist like GoPro's remote can would be fantastic.  My skydiving activities also have the same demand.  I also use cameras like these during driving to make time lapse videos or catch certain events along my travels as a truck driver.  I always kept the remote on my wrist for that as well because while driving is not the time to be fumbling with a phone or reaching for the physical camera itself.  

Please, DJI, consider such an accessory.

2020-10-25
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Waiting for DJI Official  to release one, who else.
2020-10-26
Use props
djiuser_gleVKNb6CyZx
lvl.1

India

Fishycomics Posted at 10-26 03:23
Waiting for DJI Official  to release one, who else.

So i am here to see how many people are interested to buy the app and at what price to see if it is all worth a shot.  You can ping me on  vaddiajayrathode@gmail.com
2020-10-26
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

thanks but I rather wait for DJI. again.
2020-10-28
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_gleVKNb6CyZx Posted at 10-25 23:13

The app basically connects with bluetooth remote and dji mimo. Whenever bluetooth remote is pressed, it will open dji mimo and press record button by using android auto input methods. This is just a workaround but it works and cheap. Only limitation is for now i tested only on android , range is limited to bluetooth range,but still u will be having a remote.

I’m not interested.
2020-10-28
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_gleVKNb6CyZx Posted at 10-25 23:13

The app basically connects with bluetooth remote and dji mimo. Whenever bluetooth remote is pressed, it will open dji mimo and press record button by using android auto input methods. This is just a workaround but it works and cheap. Only limitation is for now i tested only on android , range is limited to bluetooth range,but still u will be having a remote.

Still not interested.
2020-10-28
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_gleVKNb6CyZx Posted at 10-25 23:14

I feel like you’re not listening.... too involved
2020-10-28
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_gleVKNb6CyZx Posted at 10-26 10:52

Maybe this isn’t basic enough for the benefit afforded
2020-10-28
Use props
djiuser_CQhQ6nUj6n23
New

Germany

Right now I'm in a decision process which camera I should buy in order to use it on a motor bike. An easy to operate remote control is a "must have".
The requests and comments in this forum shows a big need in the community. But I can not see that DJI is interested in satisfying customers needs.
That's, in total are knock-out criteria for me and I'll go for an other brand.

2021-2-11
Use props
djiuser_81tvdHTODpWK
New

Switzerland

djiuser_CQhQ6nUj6n23 Posted at 2-11 01:39
Right now I'm in a decision process which camera I should buy in order to use it on a motor bike. An easy to operate remote control is a "must have".
The requests and comments in this forum shows a big need in the community. But I can not see that DJI is interested in satisfying customers needs.
That's, in total are knock-out criteria for me and I'll go for an other brand.

Maybe you should go for hero 7, it still has interchangeable lens covers. Hero 8 is better but the lens covers are not interchangeable! On a motorbike your lens can quickly get damaged.
2021-2-24
Use props
Battistella
lvl.2
Flight distance : 154521 ft
Italy

How complicated can this be? What is the protocol?

Its an action cam. It needs to be placed in difficult to access locations  and triggered at the touch of a button in extreme situations for short or longer distances.  Without thatability its not really designed for action.

This should not even be a thread, that is how basic a function. It should have been #2 on the list after the camera body, remote trigger.
2021-5-11
Use props
djiuser_UHItoNYPw9Xs
New

United States

At this point, even a wired remote would be useful. Voice control is not practical for many applications, and the phone while providing a lot of functionality is too slow/cumbersome to use just to start/stop the camera. Do we know if there is anything built into the camera besides wifi? Is there Bluetooth or commands available via the USB port? I don't see any indication of IR.
2021-6-9
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

DJi sounds like  do not have the hardware/software in place, and that basically says it all no RC via the camera at all. 2 years 1 plus months later  not going to happen by software and or hardware.
2021-6-10
Use props
djiuser_dIiugatCjReP
New

United States

Just bought two dji osmo action cameras for a motorcycle trip. Good thing my passenger had hers because it is a pain piloting a motorcycle and reaching up to turn the camera on and off with gloves. Need a simple remote button to hit to record and stop recording. Voice commands and remote phone app don't work on a motorcycle.
2021-6-21
Use props
Marcin Witukiewicz
New

Canada

snorkel Posted at 2020-4-10 10:27
Any update on a remote?  DJI can you farm this out to a third party like with the microphone adapter module?

We need the ability to remotely start and stop recordings on two or more cams.   Not sure if a bluetooth remote could do that but a WIFI remote should be able to broadcast commands to multiple cams.

This is the number one reason I am looking into the action camera, to be able to trigger more then one camera at the same time is a must.
2021-8-25
Use props
MARK61
lvl.1
Italy

Ho visto che hanno creato un action 2 remote control extension Rod, perché non lo rendono compatibile alla nostra action cam aggiornando il firmware? Grazie
2022-1-28
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Well more or less this section for the DJI Osmo Action is over. Discontinued
2022-1-29
Use props
Bulgod
New
Brazil

Highly disappointed with this camera. It's ridiculous that an expensive camera like this doesn't have Bluetooth connectivity for remote shooting on a selfie stick.
I bought the camera without noticing this nonsense and I'm already selling it and going to go pro.
2023-11-27
Use props
fans65995cd8
New

Italy

Hi Dji, please add the compatibility of the new Osmo Action GPS Bluetooth Remote Controller product with the Osmo Action 3 as well. Thank you
2023-12-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fans65995cd8 Posted at 12-10 15:28
Hi Dji, please add the compatibility of the new Osmo Action GPS Bluetooth Remote Controller product with the Osmo Action 3 as well. Thank you

Hi there. Thank you for your feedback. We will gather this suggestion of yours and will forward it to our engineers for future consideration. Please be advised that the DJI Osmo Action GPS Bluetooth Remote Controller is currently compatible only with DJI Osmo Action 4. Feel free to contact us if you have other inquiries. We appreciate your understanding and support.
2023-12-13
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-13 01:13
Hi there. Thank you for your feedback. We will gather this suggestion of yours and will forward it to our engineers for future consideration. Please be advised that the DJI Osmo Action GPS Bluetooth Remote Controller is currently compatible only with DJI Osmo Action 4. Feel free to contact us if you have other inquiries. We appreciate your understanding and support.

Looks/sounds like your "engineers" aren't listening.  The request that started this post is THREE years old.  Still no remote for the original Action.  Thanks for 'not' listening.
2023-12-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

WebParrot Posted at 12-14 07:30
Looks/sounds like your "engineers" aren't listening.  The request that started this post is THREE years old.  Still no remote for the original Action.  Thanks for 'not' listening.

We appreciate your feedback. My apologies if this response did not meet the request in this situation. There are some suggestions that can be challenging for us to apply in reality, as there are some limitations like technical or firmware limitations. Please know that all suggestions matter to us and we all help customers to be noticed by forwarding the request to our designated team as DJI is open to any product suggestions. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. We hope this will be considered soon. Your understanding is greatly appreciated
2023-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules