Osmo Mobile 3 zoom stutter
4683 13 2019-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3208d094
lvl.2
Flight distance : 684170 ft

Hi Folks,

I recieved my DJI Osmo mobile 3 a a week ago. I use a Samsung Note 8 with it. Everything seems to be fine except the zoom. When I use the zoom slider, the video stutters. what is going on?
2019-9-11
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>

Here the zoom operates in a series of steps rather than smoothly.  It's ok for framing before shooting, but not for zooming while the recording is happening.  Definitely buggy.  Then again, it's only digital zoom so should really be done in post-production rather than 'live'.
2019-9-11
Use props
Nightfallen.
lvl.2

fansfe82067d Posted at 9-11 18:41
Here the zoom operates in a series of steps rather than smoothly.  It's ok for framing before shooting, but not for zooming while the recording is happening.  Definitely buggy.  Then again, it's only digital zoom so should really be done in post-production rather than 'live'.

Yeah but it's harder to get a dolly zoom on post. There are other apps that can zoom smooth, why doesn't DJI implement some BASIC features into their apps? This is such a disappointment...
2019-9-12
Use props
fans3208d094
lvl.2

Nightfallen. Posted at 9-12 07:27
Yeah but it's harder to get a dolly zoom on post. There are other apps that can zoom smooth, why doesn't DJI implement some BASIC features into their apps? This is such a disappointment...

Agree. This is pathetic. Based on how they advertise their products, what you get is very deceiving. COme on DJI..dont release half cooked products. You have a  reputation to keep.
Is this a software bug or a hardware issue?
2019-9-12
Use props
Nightfallen.
lvl.2

fans3208d094 Posted at 9-12 08:04
Agree. This is pathetic. Based on how they advertise their products, what you get is very deceiving. COme on DJI..dont release half cooked products. You have a  reputation to keep.

100% sure it's software bug, because there are tons of other free apps that have the smooth zoom-in feature. Even that crappy VHS recorder app has that buttery smooth zoom. They simply don't care about Android users, only iOS.
2019-9-12
Use props
fans3208d094
lvl.2

Nightfallen. Posted at 9-12 08:37
100% sure it's software bug, because there are tons of other free apps that have the smooth zoom-in feature. Even that crappy VHS recorder app has that buttery smooth zoom. They simply don't care about Android users, only iOS.

Are you saying that there are other apps that are compatible with OM3, like the official DJI Mimo app?
2019-9-12
Use props
Nightfallen.
lvl.2

fans3208d094 Posted at 9-12 09:12
Are you saying that there are other apps that are compatible with OM3, like the official DJI Mimo app?

No, there aren't any, but this shouldn't be hard to implement if they really want to. My guess is that will never happen as they only support IOS for most of their features and they don't really seem to care about Android more than providing a very basic support. They even modified the SDK so it doesn't work anymore with the Filmic Pro app. It sucks but it is what it is.
2019-9-12
Use props
Denmark
lvl.1

Denmark

i have just posted the similar issue with my samsung s8+...in which dji refers to the list of compatible devices..where the s8+ is not listed..however, the s8 IS listed..i am baffled with this...as someone claims above here, this should be a software issue and DJI should be able to fix this easily..however, they are mainly interested in servicing APPLE products...
2019-10-25
Use props
Ralev
New

Bulgaria

Zoom is not working on my iPhone Xs, too :/
2020-3-15
Use props
Sina_Kh
New

Iran

I just bought the Osmo mobile 3 and use Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus. was very disappointed from the zoom. its absolutely unacceptable. the fact that its been over 6 months that the device has come out and still the zoom works like trash is even worse. no excuses. putting it up for sale. Its also funny how none of the Youtube reviews mentions this otherwise I would have avoided it. I saw a review of mobile 1  from 2016 and it that it worked fine with an android phone (by fine I mean smooth as it should be). what a waste
2020-3-22
Use props
Albatros24
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116010 ft
France

Sina_Kh Posted at 3-22 00:07
I just bought the Osmo mobile 3 and use Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus. was very disappointed from the zoom. its absolutely unacceptable. the fact that its been over 6 months that the device has come out and still the zoom works like trash is even worse. no excuses. putting it up for sale. Its also funny how none of the Youtube reviews mentions this otherwise I would have avoided it. I saw a review of mobile 1  from 2016 and it that it worked fine with an android phone (by fine I mean smooth as it should be). what a waste

Hello,
28/03 update on Android ...
Even more VOID !
On Note 9 the zoom instantly goes from 1x to 3x and 8x !!!
NO ! NO ! NO !
2020-3-28
Use props
timothywhitemooregmail.com
New

United States

fans3208d094 Posted at 2019-9-12 08:04
Agree. This is pathetic. Based on how they advertise their products, what you get is very deceiving. COme on DJI..dont release half cooked products. You have a  reputation to keep.

Agree. I just got my 3 yesterday and the app is total trash. It fails to connect, gives errors when updating anything, and crashes every time so far. I’ve reinstalled too many times, so deceiving by DJI and their marketing videos. Is there an app that does work with the 3? Please share
2020-6-25
Use props
timothywhitemooregmail.com
New

United States

If I can’t get this resolved I’ll return it and get a different brand.
2020-6-25
Use props
Skipp22
New

Czechia

I've just bought dji osmo mobile 3 right after I returned zhiyun smooth 4. The reason was that mob 3 has this spin shot so you can do any angle and do some rotating effects with joystick but on smooth 4 there are only vertical and horizontal positions. I'm surprised how it's almost nowhere discussed. well osmo has it and is good but yeah, zhiyun had great vertigo effect because the zoom was ok. osmo's zoom is aweful. i don't know what to do. i need some third brand that does good zoom and rotating in one. anybody knows about anything?
2021-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules