WHERE ARE OUR BATTERIES?
1225 12 2015-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
soulgmusic
lvl.1

United States

Has anyone else been waiting over two months for completed orders?

DJI,
    Its been over 2 months since I ordered a product from you and it is yet to be completed. I would have been happy to pay full price for a battery from a dealer that would have arrived within the week. If I could afford to buy a 3rd battery I certainly would. I've heard all the informal one sentence responses from DJI on this forum but 2 months and failed timeframes is just bizzare. Now im just venting so I dont expect a response from anyone at DJI but please dont ask me for my order number or any other details simulating correspondence. In the end, my creative projects can wait.

Thanks,

2015-6-9
Use props
chrisfromalbany
lvl.2

United States

still waiting..
2015-6-9
Use props
venomx15301
lvl.3

United States

My second one that was included in my purchase of the P3 was shipped from CARSON, CA on 6/08/2015 and will be here on 6/12/2015.
Check your orders and see if they have shipped it. I almost missed the email saying mine was shipped.
2015-6-9
Use props
spiderbot.sb
lvl.4
United States

'Only' six weeks.  Ordered P3 w/2 extra batts on May 1st.  Got the P3 w/1 batt on May 19th.  Still no word at all about my two extra batteries.  Like everyone else, I have been charged for the two batteries which I have not received.

I must admit, for the obvious engineering quality of the P3, the company overall (DJI) leaves me wondering.  No lens cap?  What lens does not ship with a lens cap?  And now the batteries?

I'm as patient as the next guy but I can't understand folks defending this practice.
2015-6-9
Use props
Victor7k
lvl.2

Canada

spiderbot.sb Posted at 2015-6-10 00:53
'Only' six weeks.  Ordered P3 w/2 extra batts on May 1st.  Got the P3 w/1 batt on May 19th.  Still n ...

+1 Exactly!
No lens on earth is delivered without a lens cap!

Others have a different opinion...
According to 'labroides'
This is what he told me, when I was asking why a lens cap and a full instruction manual are not included.
He either sh*t his pants, or he is just cranky all the time...

'labroides' : "At $1K the Phantom 3 is a gift and you're complaining about a lens cap?!!!
Prior to the P3, it cost $1300 to get Lightbridge that you could install on your drone.It's included free with the P3.
How hard is it to download the latest, up-to-date version rather than have an obsolete paper copy?"

If he doesn't care if the phantom comes with a lens cap or not then He does not seem to care about expensive things.. And some people DO NOT have access to internet to download a full instruction manual.
2015-6-9
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

Every time I open my mouth I keep digging the hole deeper, but what the heck, I'm going to say that the omission of the lens cap is juvenile. Every lens I've ever purchased new, from a $100 enlarger lens to a $13,000 medium format telephoto lens has come with a lens cap or a protective boot.

The lack of a printed user manual for the DJI Pilot app is another that has me scratching my head. Heck on the Pilot app, right now I'd settle for a electronic manual.

I'm going to bet that if someone is injured by the Phantom, that DJI is going to be on the hook for big money. DJI can say that it's the operators responsibility to safely operate the quad, but without documentation they can't use that defense.
2015-6-9
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

gregg1r Posted at 2015-6-10 02:12
Every time I open my mouth I keep digging the hole deeper, but what the heck, I'm going to say that  ...

Here's a couple of documents that might help. Also, go to www.droneflyers.com and read the article
Hints and Tips for the Phantom 3 - or skip to the end - there's yet a third publication available there that may help with the Pilot app.

http://www.droneflyers.com/images/pilotappdoc.pdf
http://www.droneflyers.com/images/p3manual_alpha.pdf

2015-6-9
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-6-10 02:40
Here's a couple of documents that might help. Also, go to www.droneflyers.com and read the article ...

I all ready downloaded those two yesterday. You did a good job on the Android version of the Pilot APP, now we need a IOS version.

Your time is greatly appreciated, just that DJI needs to step up and release the official sanctioned version.

2015-6-9
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

gregg1r Posted at 2015-6-10 02:48
I all ready downloaded those two yesterday. You did a good job on the Android version of the Pilot ...

Was an "official" version ever issued for the Phantom 2? The Phantom 3 is my first foray into a DJI product. Wasn't the Assistant created by 3rd party and not DJI?
2015-6-9
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

DJI has a pilots training manual for the Phantom 2 Vision+ http://download.dji-innovations. ... g_Guide_v1.1_en.pdf    ,  as well as a manual for the Light Bridge accessory manual http://download.dji-innovations. ... Manual_v1.04_en.pdf  for the FPV.

So I guess the answer is yes, they had manuals.
2015-6-9
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 685089 ft
United States

Victor7k Posted at 2015-6-10 01:42
+1 Exactly!
No lens on earth is delivered without a lens cap!

Your smart phone has a lens cap?
2015-6-9
Use props
cwhobbies
lvl.3

United States

I'm still waiting on my extra battery, and the one i ordered!! This is Crazy!!
2015-6-9
Use props
aeriallens
lvl.3

United States

I must agree with the need for a lens cap; that is just common sense (apparently not all that common, aye?).

The mention of smart phones and gifts from DJI are understandable, but the camera on the DJI P3 is its very essence -- its heart and soul in terms of what makes the P3 so cool -- practically its very reason for existence. Vital. So a 10 cent lens cap would have been nice.  

Meantime, someone mentioned that a Gatorade bottle cap works perfectly. Gotta try that.
2015-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules