Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Mobile 3 & Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
12Next >
32252 50 2019-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mortandos
New

Hello, is the Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ too big or too heavy for the Osmo Mobile 3 or is somebody actually using both together?
2019-9-12
Use props
Nightfallen.
lvl.2

I can't balance my S9+ without any case or accessories on it. It's always tilting downwards and is never stable like in the tutorial videos. So I doubt the Note 10+ is any different. The stabilization works but the footage is very jittery.
2019-9-12
Use props
fans3208d094
lvl.2
Flight distance : 684170 ft

I have a Note10 +. Used it without the case. Have some good footage. The only problem I have is with the zoom slider. It stutters a lot and is not a smooth zoom. Not sure if you have the same issue.
2019-9-12
Use props
Nightfallen.
lvl.2

fans3208d094 Posted at 9-12 08:01
I have a Note10 +. Used it without the case. Have some good footage. The only problem I have is with the zoom slider. It stutters a lot and is not a smooth zoom. Not sure if you have the same issue.

Can you balance it properly? My S9+ always tilts downwards when I'm trying to balance it. It never stays straight.
2019-9-12
Use props
Mortandos
New

fans3208d094 Posted at 9-12 08:01
I have a Note10 +. Used it without the case. Have some good footage. The only problem I have is with the zoom slider. It stutters a lot and is not a smooth zoom. Not sure if you have the same issue.

@fans3208d094 - this seems to be a common issue, I saw another post about this. The zoom is only digital and buggy atm - another poster suggested to do the zooming in post production which makes a lot of sense unless you want live streaming.
So other than that - you're happy with your Osmo 3 in combination with your Note10+?
2019-9-12
Use props
fans3208d094
lvl.2

Nightfallen. Posted at 9-12 08:42
Can you balance it properly? My S9+ always tilts downwards when I'm trying to balance it. It never stays straight.

Have you tried both axis - Horizontal and Vertical? I can double check tonight, if mine balances perfectly.
2019-9-12
Use props
fans3208d094
lvl.2

Mortandos Posted at 9-12 08:45
@fans3208d094 - this seems to be a common issue, I saw another post about this. The zoom is only digital and buggy atm - another poster suggested to do the zooming in post production which makes a lot of sense unless you want live streaming.
So other than that - you're happy with your Osmo 3 in combination with your Note10+?

So far so good. One more thing I have noticed is that the tilt is a problem. Because the way the OM3 is designed, it has very little tilt. So when I put it in tilt lock mode, it cannot keep its tilt for larger angle.
2019-9-12
Use props
Nightfallen.
lvl.2

fans3208d094 Posted at 9-12 09:08
Have you tried both axis - Horizontal and Vertical? I can double check tonight, if mine balances perfectly.

Yes, I did. I know where the center of gravity is for my phone. I can balance it with only one finger and it stays straight. But the gimbal simply refuses to keep it balanced. When I balance it in landscape mode it tilts downwards with the screen pointing down. If I modify the vertical axis, if I flip to portrait mode it falls down to landscape.

I'm starting to think my unit is faulty. It also can't keep up with the tilt like you said, although physically it has enough space to rotate up and down.
2019-9-12
Use props
L1M3L1M
lvl.1

Nightfallen. Posted at 9-12 09:26
Yes, I did. I know where the center of gravity is for my phone. I can balance it with only one finger and it stays straight. But the gimbal simply refuses to keep it balanced. When I balance it in landscape mode it tilts downwards with the screen pointing down. If I modify the vertical axis, if I flip to portrait mode it falls down to landscape.

I'm starting to think my unit is faulty. It also can't keep up with the tilt like you said, although physically it has enough space to rotate up and down.

Same happen to my Osmo M3 combine with S10Plus.
I think this is expected due to the phone size and weight balance.
2019-9-12
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>

It kind of sounds like you are expecting it to balance in the tilt axis, which it won't.  As I recall the instruction video, you have to hold the tilt motor and then balance it first with the phone horizontal, then with the phone vertical.  Might be worth rechecking the video and ensurnig that you are proceeding in exactly the way it advises.
2019-9-13
Use props
Nightfallen.
lvl.2

fansfe82067d Posted at 9-13 00:09
It kind of sounds like you are expecting it to balance in the tilt axis, which it won't.  As I recall the instruction video, you have to hold the tilt motor and then balance it first with the phone horizontal, then with the phone vertical.  Might be worth rechecking the video and ensurnig that you are proceeding in exactly the way it advises.

Then why is my S6 rock steady on it, and my bigger phones are not? My S6 literally does NOT move whichever way I put it on the gimbal once it's balanced properly.
2019-9-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Mortandos. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. Upon checking the Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not yet recommended for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. There is a  possibility that the  Samsung Galaxy Note 10+  will be able to work with the said DJI Gimbal. However, since they are not yet optimized with the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and with the DJI Mimo application we cannot guaranteed the stability of these mobile devices when in use and if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any inconvenience and any problem. Thank you.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ibility_List_en.pdf
2019-9-13
Use props
fanse1c085ca
New

is osmo pocket 3 supports note 10 4k 60fps filming ?
2019-9-14
Use props
Nightfallen.
lvl.2

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-13 09:16
Hello and good day Mortandos. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. Upon checking the Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not yet recommended for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. There is a  possibility that the  Samsung Galaxy Note 10+  will be able to work with the said DJI Gimbal. However, since they are not yet optimized with the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and with the DJI Mimo application we cannot guaranteed the stability of these mobile devices when in use and if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any inconvenience and any problem. Thank you.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Osmo_Mobile_3/Osmo_Mobile_3_Mobile_Phone_Compatibility_List_en.pdf

Can you take a look at my thread please? I have the same issues on a s9+ which is on the supported list.
2019-9-14
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>

fanse1c085ca Posted at 9-14 00:23
is osmo pocket 3 supports note 10 4k 60fps filming ?

No Android phones are supported for 4K60 - and the Note 10 isn't officially supported at all.
2019-9-14
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>

Late to the party here..

Ive a note 10+ with a plastic tpu style case and phone balances properly. It does not flop and stays put no matter where you move the phone in the holder whilst the gimbal is powered off. If its properly balanced it should not flop around.

The digital zoom is the same for everyone. It’s not too bad but can be better. Perhaps firmware.
2019-9-16
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>

marctronixx Posted at 9-16 08:13
Late to the party here..

Ive a note 10+ with a plastic tpu style case and phone balances properly. It does not flop and stays put no matter where you move the phone in the holder whilst the gimbal is powered off. If its properly balanced it should not flop around.

Sounds like you may have a defect in the tilt motor.  The arm connecting the phone holder should be able to rotate freely at the tilt motor joint when the device is turned off, and there is nothing to prevent the phone - unless it is very light - from causing rotation at the tilt motor, because there is no adjustment for balance at that point.
2019-9-17
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
  • >>>

Why are you quoting me sir? I have no problems with the balance of the product.
Posting a rough video showing the note 10+ is balanced perfectly.

2019-9-17
Use props
TheReem
lvl.2

I would like to know when we get the setting's options like the iPhone users?  I mean why such a professional gimmick if you can not even set the iso value for the "camera"?  Slow motion would be a dream ... will it be with an app update and if so when?  enough power has the S10 ...
2019-9-17
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>

marctronixx Posted at 9-17 09:56
Why are you quoting me sir? I have no problems with the balance of the product.
Posting a rough video showing the note 10+ is balanced perfectly.

In your video you show exactly what others are (wrongly) complaining about.  At the end, you let go, and it flops.  Some people think that is a defect, but it isn't (and clearly you know that, but your original post seemed to say that yours doesn't flop).
2019-9-18
Use props
fans89cf9f70
lvl.1

So, if I'm reading the posts correctly above, my Note 10+ is not compatible with the DJI Osmo Mobile 3? If so, would there be a software upgrade to solve the problems being experienced or will I need to return the Mobile 3? I expect the Mobile 3 to be delivered tomorrow.
2019-9-19
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
  • >>>

fansfe82067d Posted at 9-18 01:58
In your video you show exactly what others are (wrongly) complaining about.  At the end, you let go, and it flops.  Some people think that is a defect, but it isn't (and clearly you know that, but your original post seemed to say that yours doesn't flop).

I’m not sure what the confusion is with other people. The phone is in balance at its nodal point so when i move it , it stays in place where I move it.

The reason it tilts down when you let it go is because the holder is fee moving when the motors are not on so gravity takes over,.

It  didn’t FLOP around like in the video. It went to one position and stopped. That’s how it’s supposed to be when the unit is in dynamic balance. If it was NOT in dynamic balance it would flop around in all 3 axis .
2019-9-19
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
  • >>>

fans89cf9f70 Posted at 9-19 12:37
So, if I'm reading the posts correctly above, my Note 10+ is not compatible with the DJI Osmo Mobile 3? If so, would there be a software upgrade to solve the problems being experienced or will I need to return the Mobile 3? I expect the Mobile 3 to be delivered tomorrow.

The note 10+ is compatible with the osmo 3. Ive a note 10+ and the start/stop, zoom controls all work.

What are you reading that says its not compatible?
2019-9-19
Use props
djiuser_gOtOU3xIhCqB
New

I used my Mobile 3 over at IBC last week and worked well with the note 9.i did toggle between filmic and the dji mimo app. Both shot 4k and I was using a rode external mic
2019-9-21
Use props
fans89cf9f70
lvl.1

Update, Mobile 3 is responding to commands from the controller however, Mimo app not working properly. App opens up and connects. But now, the "custom settings" screen pops up and I am able to make changes on that screen. Problem is I can not get rid of that pop up. No amount of tapping, sliding, touching any of the other application tabs will get rid of the "custom settings" screen. It's also notifying me that there's a firmware update and tapping on that tab is non responsive. Using version 1.2.4 and tried uninstalling and reinstalling program, no luck.
2019-9-21
Use props
fans89cf9f70
lvl.1

More info, Using Galaxy Note 10+
2019-9-21
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>

Is this to do with the text size setting on the phone that I've seen mentioned recently here?  Make sure  it is set to default or smaller and try again.
2019-9-21
Use props
fans7aafd553
New

I am trying to use the note 10+ with it and cannot get the mimo app to perform correctly.  It stops on the screen shown in the photo and will not go any further. Any suggestions?
Screenshot_20190920-143233.jpg
2019-9-21
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>

Same suggestion - Is this to do with the text size setting on the phone that I've seen mentioned recently here?  Make sure  it is set to default or smaller and try again.
2019-9-21
Use props
fans89cf9f70
lvl.1

fans7aafd553 Posted at 9-21 14:57
I am trying to use the note 10+ with it and cannot get the mimo app to perform correctly.  It stops on the screen shown in the photo and will not go any further. Any suggestions?

Finally fixed same problem by changing "text" sizing on phone to smaller text. However, with my Note 10+, I'm getting "phone not balanced" message although everything seems to be working.
2019-9-22
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>

Have you balanced it in two planes, and when the gimbal is off, is it balanced in the holder?  There's a step by step in another thread (by me) and there's a video by DJI setting out exactly how to do it.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D710%26typeid%3D710 has the comprehensive advice.

2019-9-22
Use props
djiuser_AA3IQYKzh5IK
lvl.1

how about ultra wide lens with note 10+ does it see any of osmo mobile 3 parts?
2019-9-26
Use props
Anthony Sutton
New

Note 10 + works well. The app doesn't seem to make use of all my cam settings. I balance it fine with an external microphone
2019-10-1
Use props
Anthony Sutton
New

djiuser_AA3IQYKzh5IK Posted at 9-26 22:53
how about ultra wide lens with note 10+ does it see any of osmo mobile 3 parts?

It does not show any gimble parts even using the wide fov
2019-10-1
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
  • >>>

What mike you using Anthony?
2019-10-3
Use props
HenryT
lvl.1

New OM3 Owner (owned the OM1 too) here.

Seems like the power button will somehow end up inside the clamp to get it balanced. Anyone else observing the same?
2019-10-13
Use props
HenryT
lvl.1

Good news folks!

Ulanzi just released a counterweight for the OM3 ❤️❤️❤️
SmartSelect_20191014-190550_Facebook.jpg
2019-10-14
Use props
fans2c661040
lvl.2
Flight distance : 58809 ft

fansfe82067d Posted at 9-14 23:56
No Android phones are supported for 4K60 - and the Note 10 isn't officially supported at all.

0can you access frame rate and exposure etc menu with samsung s10 , thanks and sorry to hijack some ones post
2019-10-15
Use props
djiuser_H6sOcSKuMMit
New

i just got osmo mobile 3 yesterday. it works fine with my note10plus.
i now hope dji updates their software for wide angle camera
2019-10-15
Use props
richymolina77
lvl.1
Flight distance : 188235 ft
Canada

I have a note 10+  if you keep a case on the phone you will hit the power/bixbi button if you center it. HOWEVER, the simple work around is to take the phone out of any case. Doing so you can center the phone and the handles have enough of a groove to not touch the button even if it's directly centered. Works great. The multiple cameras are an entirely different issue. I found a work  around by simply tabbing out of mimo into the phone's camera app and using that to record on wide angle. For my uses it's a decent work around for now.

2019-10-18
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules