Beta Flight OSD?
11131 14 2019-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
silpheedx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11936 ft

Do we happen to know when/if full betaflight OSD will be integrated?
Or if there will be a flight controller passthrough or somthing to enable the betaflight OSD?
2019-9-12
Use props
Charmande
lvl.3
Flight distance : 299459 ft

I haven't heard any other news on this. The only flight controller updates I've seen have come in the form of new F7 boards like the Kakute one which has a prebuilt DJI FPV air unit harness so you do not have to solder anything. I would like to know when full OSD is up and running too, heck I'd just like to get my batt voltage showing in my set.  
2019-9-12
Use props
fanse911c28e
lvl.1

Charmande Posted at 9-12 10:59
I haven't heard any other news on this. The only flight controller updates I've seen have come in the form of new F7 boards like the Kakute one which has a prebuilt DJI FPV air unit harness so you do not have to solder anything. I would like to know when full OSD is up and running too, heck I'd just like to get my batt voltage showing in my set.

I have had vbatt since day one. Did you setup the msp port?
2019-9-12
Use props
silpheedx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11936 ft

Charmande Posted at 9-12 10:59
I haven't heard any other news on this. The only flight controller updates I've seen have come in the form of new F7 boards like the Kakute one which has a prebuilt DJI FPV air unit harness so you do not have to solder anything. I would like to know when full OSD is up and running too, heck I'd just like to get my batt voltage showing in my set.

In case you needed voltage here is my wire layout to get that up at running at least.
The UART RX and TX are going into my Uart 3 and that is set MSP = On

2019-9-12
Use props
Charmande
lvl.3

silpheedx Posted at 9-12 14:00
In case you needed voltage here is my wire layout to get that up at running at least.
The UART RX and TX are going into my Uart 3 and that is set MSP = On

Thank you. I really appreciate the detailed post honestly. I've gotten little feedback but every little bit helps. I have set up Betaflight accordingly and even tried absurd combinations to get it going. DJI support has not confirmed my suspicion that it may be a faulty DJI FPV Air Unit. I'm awaiting further instructions for how to exchange the product. It was driving me crazy to connect everything following every video and instruction out there only to not have the system working as intended. Again, thank you and will update when I get a new air unit.  
2019-9-12
Use props
Charmande
lvl.3

fanse911c28e Posted at 9-12 13:43
I have had vbatt since day one. Did you setup the msp port?

Yes, I did setup the MSP port. DJI has confirmed my wiring and configuration is correct. It may be a faulty air unit. Awaiting instructions for exchange and will update when possible. Thank you for your post.
2019-9-12
Use props
B-RadFPV
lvl.1

Yes... DJI! Please add more Beta Flight integration like GPS and TBS Crossfire LQ
2019-10-7
Use props
djiuser_BnZVWYMHIU1J
lvl.1

*push* I would also like to see some more OSD features.
I would like to use my GPS module and also see the average cell voltage instead of the vbat voltage.
2019-10-8
Use props
djiuser_h5Mt1QtFmJQ6
New

Yes gps please date and heading home. LRS 7inch sooo need this and i would defiantly buy more air units.  INAV maybe in the future would be amazing
2019-10-13
Use props
djiuser_gKdi4SVUeB0C
lvl.1

my vote goes for RSSI (i. e. when using crossfire) and gos. coordinates
2019-10-13
Use props
Genivos
New

Netherlands

Would be nice to have some input from DJI here ... installing my first unit, at least there's vbat and flight time but I really would like to have LQ/RSSI and Mah usage too.
2019-10-24
Use props
JchgMad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3238 ft
Spain

my vote, also include the crosshairs

I've got used to betaflight's focus and found it very useful for controlling drone direction and drift
2019-10-31
Use props
Tom_A
lvl.4
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

B-RadFPV Posted at 10-7 09:54
Yes... DJI! Please add more Beta Flight integration like GPS and TBS Crossfire LQ

I think the GPS information and RSSI/LQ for using other transmitters have to be the most important items to add to increase reliability and safety. I bought a GPS for my build without considering the support that was not currently available on the DJI system. I ended up installing it on another drone. I barely trust return to home on my DJI drones. I have less trust in Betaflight being able to handle return to home, but I am using it to manually navigate. The last time I flew with it, the location was off. Without being able to see the coordinates or at least a home point arrow, GPS is un-usable. I am not currently using Crossfire, but I can see the advantages of using it. Not being able to see any indicator of transmission quality has to be frustrating. Do you have an audible alert on your radio at least?
2019-10-31
Use props
tushevs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1999514 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI, need GPS info in my osd - Sat count, Direction Home, etc, Please!
2019-11-2
Use props
ThomasSchijndellive.nl
New

Netherlands

silpheedx Posted at 2019-9-12 14:00
The UART RX and TX are going into my Uart 3 and that is set MSP = On

Hello i was wondering where you connect the sbus cable of the dji unit too?
i am troubleshooting connecting my remote to betaflight and i think its the sbus cable not connected proprally
i also use the lumenier lux f7 and the same esc but cant figure out how to setup the sbus
i already have video in my goggles and the controller works when i synchronize it in the goggles but it doesnt work in betaflight.
can someone help me with this? would really appreciate it
2020-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules