Live streaming with dji mimo
1234Next >
76193 128 2019-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HissiFin
lvl.1

Hi, am i able to live stream e.g. facebook or youtube with dji mimo?

Most propably not, is there any update coming for that functionality?

-h-
2019-9-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, the DJI Mimo application does not support the live stream features. However, we will forward this suggestion of yours to our designated department. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!
2019-9-12
Use props
fans7e5da0d6
New

CAN you confirm that it is impossible to make facebook live with osmo mobile 3
2019-9-13
Use props
Nightfallen.
lvl.2

It's impossible via MIMO app, but you can use basic functions like the joystick and the stabilizer itself while streaming directly from the Facebook app.
2019-9-13
Use props
[13]
lvl.1

fans7e5da0d6 Posted at 9-13 03:38

You can livestream with Osmo Mobile  using StreamLabs app or official Facebook App, or any other livestreaming app. You won't be able to use some features (such as as zooming button on osmo's handle) but stabilization will work perfectly fine.
2019-9-13
Use props
Matthew J Welch
New

[13] Posted at 9-13 08:49
You can livestream with Osmo Mobile  using StreamLabs app or official Facebook App, or any other livestreaming app. You won't be able to use some features (such as as zooming button on osmo's handle) but stabilization will work perfectly fine.
Is there a tutorial demonstrating how to use OSMO Mobile and the Facebook live app simultaneously? I video sunrises with fb live as my primary use.
2019-9-17
Use props
djiuser_VbCHwg5GOdB7
New

The perfect show is use the active track in live stream. Please make the update i buy one thinking i do used the active track and now i know that is imposible. Bad support to the customers, by my self don’t to DJI good feedback.
2019-10-12
Use props
Dave_bass5
lvl.3

Matthew J Welch Posted at 9-17 05:10
Is there a tutorial demonstrating how to use OSMO Mobile and the Facebook live app simultaneously? I video sunrises with fb live as my primary use.

Just put the phone in the Osmo and turn it on. Then open FB and do whatever you need to do. Works fine.
2019-10-13
Use props
filmMAG
New
Flight distance : 497024 ft
South Africa

I have the SAME request. Please add the live Stream functionality ASAP. Really sad not being able to use the Mimmo App as a live Vlogger.
2019-10-26
Use props
BigRedJ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25105 ft
United Kingdom

I Have just got mine, and thats one of my biggest disappointments, not being able to chat or stream using the tracking. That would make it a Mevo beater!
2019-10-28
Use props
drew
New

United Kingdom

I have just go mine too and it seems like a huge oversight to not have the tracking in a live stream situation. I don't know how easy it will be to do but I would suggest this is a high priority feature!!
2019-11-7
Use props
djiuser_9O8EF1Fr3ssP
New

Philippines

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-12 09:44
Hi, thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, the DJI Mimo application does not support the live stream features. However, we will forward this suggestion of yours to our designated department. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!

when is the update for dji go for osmo mobile 3?
2019-11-19
Use props
djiuser_9O8EF1Fr3ssP
New

Philippines

2019-11-19
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The update is the new(ish) DJI Mimo app.
2019-11-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_9O8EF1Fr3ssP Posted at 11-19 15:43

Hi, thank you for reaching out. The DJI Osmo Mobile 3 only used the DJI Mimo application and we don't have the capability to use the Osmo for DJI Go applications. Hope this helps. Thank you!
2019-11-22
Use props
djiuser_FohAVeyjeuGy
New

United States

fans7e5da0d6 Posted at 9-13 03:38

Did anyone answered your questions? I got the DJI OSMO 3 yesterday and I’m trying to find out how to live stream on Facebook. Thanks!
2019-11-29
Use props
djiuser_x0IBhjgple6z
lvl.1
France

Hello,

We wait for a long time , may be we need to take other products ! Cause they don't answer about this features !
2019-12-5
Use props
djiuser_CPxmwFxzaFJq
New

Australia

DJI...how the HELL could you think it was okay to release the OSMO Mobile 3 WITHOUT Live streaming???  What exactly do you think people are using it for?  I feel so ripped off!
2020-1-2
Use props
iNexxFear
New
United States

I agree, please make live streaming a #1 priority and inclusion into the Mimo app.

The tracking features and more offer the flexibility and reasons people want your items.  Its a huge disappointment to not have it as it was core functions to DJI GO and the osmo mobile 2 hardware.  

I bought this for the praise of the reviewers on the internet for what the product can do... to now see this limitation first hand that wasn't' noted it a huge disappointment. Especially the way store employees rave about the product and DJI's integration and support with Phone vendors.
2020-1-28
Use props
Beef_Supreme
New
Flight distance : 24547 ft
United States

Wonder if they could enable the Mimo App to run in the background while still connected to the device using active track. Then you could use your other apps that stream, videochat, or whatever.
2020-2-7
Use props
Ucavedi
New

Vietnam

Osmo Mobile 3 and DJI Mimo app doesn't support livestreaming
Currently, I need a live streaming mode on Facebook or Youtube available on the DJI Mimo app to take advantage of the ActiveTrack 3.0 function.
When does DJI update the livestream mode, because I think it's useful and very good for my work?
2020-2-15
Use props
shortsleeves
lvl.1
United States

I dont use Facebook but to LIVE STREAM Youtube with the Osmo Pocket (yes all features work ie recording, slo motion, playback on your live stream of what you recorded in slow motion plus in the Osmo pocket when you record in slomo it zooms....

have your phone and Osmo pocket and a phone bracket (pgytech ect)

open your YouTube first and go to your live as normal but before you launch it hit the share screen (cellphone with arrow) instead of camera to continue.
click landscape because mimo is landscape.
continue
then connect Osmo to phone to open mimo app
click go live and your there.

I haven't tried this with my Osmo mobile 3 that's used more for other projects for long shots.

2020-2-19
Use props
shortsleeves
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_FohAVeyjeuGy Posted at 2019-11-29 16:15
Did anyone answered your questions? I got the DJI OSMO 3 yesterday and I’m trying to find out how to live stream on Facebook. Thanks!

answered below
2020-2-19
Use props
Rhys Thomas
New

United States

ARE YOU KIDDING, IS THIS OSMO 3 A  COMPAQ COMPUTER FROM THE 90'S, NO LIVE STREAM FUNCTION??????, IT WILL NOW JUST COLLECT DUST AND I WILL TOTALLY FIND A MUCH BETTER BRAND TO BUY THAT ISN'T GOING TO WASTE MY MONEY.  HOW OLD WAS THE DEVELOPER?  
2020-3-19
Use props
digitaly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5128 ft

United Kingdom

It is possible with the latest update.
2020-3-29
Use props
Willem Vanhoutte
New

Belgium

Any update scheduled so i can strt using facebook live?
2020-3-30
Use props
eBIDLOCAL.com
New
United States

No Facebook Live stream possible with the dji mimo 3 app?? Seriously?? This feature update needs to happen ASAP.  I could have spent a lot less for a "dumb-gimbal". I thought I was getting the best/latest with the mimo 3!!
2020-4-2
Use props
KyCaS
New
Flight distance : 73852 ft
Lithuania

Please add Facebook LIVE IN MIMO APP
2020-4-3
Use props
KyCaS
New
Flight distance : 73852 ft
Lithuania

DJI Gamora Posted at 2019-9-12 09:44

why not answer to add FB LIVE?
2020-4-3
Use props
MonoLakeComm
New
United States

Any update so we can livestream from Facebook? Please DJI, this was the whole reason I bought this gimbal! It does very little for me without the livestream feature and active tracking. Can we at least get an answer that it is getting worked on? Thank you.
2020-4-5
Use props
Thegolfer
New

Canada

MonoLakeComm Posted at 4-5 16:10
Any update so we can livestream from Facebook? Please DJI, this was the whole reason I bought this gimbal! It does very little for me without the livestream feature and active tracking. Can we at least get an answer that it is getting worked on? Thank you.

I am not really happy either.  I just bought this gizmo to use for live streaming.  This does not make sense.
can we return it?

As you know with the corona virus, everybody is streaming live because it is the only safe way to talk and see the friends and family. I could skype on my laptop but decide it would be more joyful fo stream from my phone.  But it can't be done... Again sorry but this does not make sense! I don't want to shoot a video , i want to use this live.   It should be clearly state on the website that "This tool does not stream live".

It should integrate with skype, FaceTime, messenger without having to give your google or youtube access to another company. Really disappointed here!
2020-4-7
Use props
giulioromano85gmail.com
lvl.1

Italy

C'mon Dji give us the support
2020-4-9
Use props
djiuser_nTIBQvYptJE3
New

Portugal

Hello, I don't understand why this has not been taken into consideration. Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and all other platforms lives. I actually got the osmo mobile 3 for using it for my lives while I walk through my garden. But I can only use it properly if I only walk straight. I would like to have the object following but can't have it. Please forward the necessity of these features to the design team as really, it doesn't make sense you DJI Go having it, for lower models like the osmo mobile 2, but than the newer model not. Hurry up, I have invested in you and I trust your judgement on that. Thank you. Please let me know when this is available. Much Love, Karsten Hinrichs - Eco Wealth

P.s. have in mind all other platforms that are evolving and emerging, like tik tok!
2020-4-9
Use props
fansfc30eae0
lvl.1

Australia

The DJI MIMO app needs developing. Until DJI fix this you can’t stream with Osmo Pocket, DJI Osmo 3

Tried using the DJI Go app which stream but will not work with new products

DJI is hiding the fact that their new products have no Live streaming

BEWARE!!!!!
2020-4-11
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

Hi. On the subject of live streaming, any chance of adding support for FaceTime? Active Tracking during a FaceTime call would be pretty cool.
2020-4-12
Use props
fansc93e5d48
New

Canada

Hey I have been playing around with the osmo and live streaming and love the possibility but I don’t have the mobile data to do that is there any way to use a personal wifi network and not my data?
2020-4-13
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is there any way to live stream yet through the DJI MIMO application to Facebook Live or YouTube Live? I realize we can use the actual apps to do so, but having face tracking as a capability to live stream would be helpful as well as incorporating other of the features such as the custom video introductions, etc.?
2020-4-14
Use props
nasaillc
New

United States

Like the last post, it seems ludicrous to have such a specialty item, to have it previously offer live features, and to take them away for the latest incarnation?  It's why I bought the damn thing... to utilize the functions in a live setting.  I am a professional vlogger and as such I require tracking... not just in record mode, but for live.

ADD THE DAMN FEATURES BACK.
2020-4-15
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi, guys. we can have a more comprehensive talk about the mimo livestream in this thread:

In my humble opinion ,There are  3 kinds of ways to do live stream from mobilephone.

1.The  actual apps from the live platform. e.x facebook, youtube, instagram, tiktok. etc
    a.The apps is dedicated to the platform so that it has the best optimization for all the live stuff.
    b.we can interact with Live audience via reading their messages comments emoji. (personally I feel this is the most charming thing of live)
    c.For some platform, audience is able to pay "gifts, virtual item, money", as an income for the live show.
2. Via screen broadcast live app or PC to mirror the mobile phone screen display to live platform,
3. Use third party app to set up a live, like DJI GO.

For third party app way, it can never reach the user experience of 1.
So the question is : Is activetrack more important than 1.a 1.b 1.c  for a live?
A live without interaction loses its charm...

There are alternative ways to solve interaction such as establishing another PC, smart phone for viewing the comments,
staff in the team helps with the interaction...
Then it becomes much complicated though.

This is my thinking about this feature request, please feel free to talk more about the live thing so that we can collect more spefic information for the product improvement.
2020-4-15
Use props
HissiFin
lvl.1
Finland

DJI-ytao Posted at 4-15 20:09
Hi, guys. we can have a more comprehensive talk about the mimo livestream in this thread:

In my humble opinion ,There are  3 kinds of ways to do live stream from mobilephone.

So dji just ”forget” to make software architecture with live features within, in present day where live streaming is pretty obvious need. Omg. I think it is not only the tracking, there are other features as well which could be handy which are missing when using e.g. Fb app and not dji mimo. I mean the gimbal is great dont get me wrong.

User friendliness is pretty important and should be taken into account when developing things, someone should guide software engineers to understand that, even in dji. Listen customer needs and deliver otherwise you are loosing them.
2020-4-15
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules