Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

HissiFin Posted at 4-15 20:38
So dji just ”forget” to make software architecture with live features within, in present day where live streaming is pretty obvious need. Omg. I think it is not only the tracking, there are other features as well which could be handy which are missing when using e.g. Fb app and not dji mimo. I mean the gimbal is great dont get me wrong.

User friendliness is pretty important and should be taken into account when developing things, someone should guide software engineers to understand that, even in dji. Listen customer needs and deliver otherwise you are loosing them.

Osmo action supports live by pushing stream from the camera, indicating no one "forgets" live.

The thirdparty app live user experience is highly associated with the platform SDK features. (we did the live feature on osmo mobile2 with DJIGO and knew exactly how it works., Currently only facebook live sdk supports live comment texts  (btw no emoji nor any other kind of messages ))

And when some new popular app appears (e.x.tiktok), the sdk support of new platform is far behind its growth.
----------
Above explains  why thirdparty app is limited to do what the actual app does. (e.x 1.a 1.b 1.c)
And why " Is activetrack more important than 1.a 1.b 1.c  for a live?"  is a single choice not "I want both of them" for now.
2020-4-15
Use props
dom547
New

Sweden

DJI-ytao Posted at 4-15 22:43
Osmo action supports live by pushing stream from the camera, indicating no one "forgets" live.

The thirdparty app live user experience is highly associated with the platform SDK features. (we did the live feature on osmo mobile2 with DJIGO and knew exactly how it works., Currently only facebook live sdk supports live comment texts  (btw no emoji nor any other kind of messages ))

My problem is not that the DJI mimo app dont live stream to facebook. The Facebook live is good enough. But that the parts zoom is not working in Facebook live stream is very disapointing. As everyone else is saying. We all bought this wonderful device for livestreaming. And now we cannot use it. I wonder if you could give us the money back? We all need this feature and we will probably be forced to strongly advice NOT to buy this device because it is missing this crucial feature.
One way of doing it would be to just update DJI Go app with support for Osmo Mobile 3 device. That cannot be a big issue...
Eighter way. It needs to be fixed or a lot of dissapointed people will advice others of NOT buying your device.  
2020-4-20
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
  • >>>
Hong Kong

dom547 Posted at 4-20 01:45
My problem is not that the DJI mimo app dont live stream to facebook. The Facebook live is good enough. But that the parts zoom is not working in Facebook live stream is very disapointing. As everyone else is saying. We all bought this wonderful device for livestreaming. And now we cannot use it. I wonder if you could give us the money back? We all need this feature and we will probably be forced to strongly advice NOT to buy this device because it is missing this crucial feature.
One way of doing it would be to just update DJI Go app with support for Osmo Mobile 3 device. That cannot be a big issue...
Eighter way. It needs to be fixed or a lot of dissapointed people will advice others of NOT buying your device.

Thanks for the feedback.

I shall conclude:
tracking + zoom + DJI GO facebook live feature is good enough in your live case(facebook live users)
(As I mentioned, facebook sdk is much more versatile than any other platform.)
2020-4-20
Use props
djiuser_7vKjhtkRkhbk
New

United States

No live streaming/active track capability is a big disappointment. Can we at least get a clean usb or HDMI output so that we could send the active tracked video into OBS or Switcher?

Thank you.
2020-4-21
Use props
djiuser_EmLBICbI7FlG
New

United States

Like many customers, I am disappointed I bought my Mimo can’t do live and face track. Based on many the people are asking for that and the feature was not developed, I think it is better to return my Mimo and buy a tripod that will be  cheaper and it will the same I have today from DJI
2020-4-26
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Thank you all for the feedback.
I do not intend to explain why the live feature does not show up.
On the other hand, we are collecting what this feature should be and then make it.

It is OK for the complain, but please meanwhile. write something so that may help to shape the feature.
E.x "I am satisfied with live feature on DJIGO for om2“ or name a product has the desirable live feature as a reference.
Or "I use live feature to show my friends what I am doing, as I take a walk or go on a trip. It is more like a group wechat meetting instead of a live show. "If you write sth more about how u would/expect to use om3 live, we can get more clear thoughts on the design.

We need your support/feedback for the design of a live tool. (To be honest, the users of DJIGO live is not active at all. few people use it. We need your advice to know how to offer a good live tool)

2020-4-26
Use props
Leijon
New
Sweden

DJI-ytao Posted at 4-26 23:53
On the other hand, we are collecting what this feature should be and then make it.

Hi.
Well, since the Live feature is working in the Mimo app for the Osmo Action, a good start would be to get it to work like it does for OA. Facebook Live is essential I would say, Youtube is nice (but since you need 1K subscribers it probably is not for everyone) and myself would really appreciate it with RTMP support.

So, can you make it work like it does for Osmo Actions? Please?
2020-4-28
Use props
Blylier
New

United States

Hi, if you don't want to update the Mimo app, just open the Active Track api so that it can be used on the Facebook app. We don't need to use Mimo, we need to be able to use Active Track and Zoom while live streaming on *any* platform, including on Switcher Studio.
2020-4-28
Use props
Brett Walsh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6518511 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I know of several users including myself, that've been using workarounds for live streaming by using 3rd party apps. But like many have stated, you can't always utilise all the functions of these products this way.
With the Osmo Action now live streaming, it gave us hope that DJI may now start including that for their other products that don't currently support it.
I also know of many users that would love if DJI would include live streaming to Periscope by utilising the available Periscope API.
Myself and others live stream to Periscope via our drones. My Phantom 4 Pro v2.0 by using RTMP which pumps out the 720p signal to Periscope Producer. This though requires the use of an additional 2nd device to start the broadcast on the Periscope app and makes it Public, thus showing comments in the chat. This works.
But apps such as Prism Live Studio use the Periscope API which does away with needing a second device. Everything displays on one screen.
Be GREAT if DJI did this on ALL products
2020-4-29
Use props
djiuser_IdNgEhmk17uB
New

United States

I am considering returning the gimbal for this reason. An official update will need to be timely if I'm to keep this DJI product.
2020-4-29
Use props
ysliew77
lvl.1
Singapore

DJI-ytao Posted at 4-20 23:03
Thanks for the feedback.

I shall conclude:

Also, steaming via "generic RTMP host " would be ideal to accompanying Facebook and YouTube.

By providing a generic RTMP host target option, it will then addresses both the beginners and advanced users needs, in my humble opinion.

2020-4-29
Use props
djiuser_2MIC01aCY8pn
New

Turkey

Dear DJI-ytao,
I'm a tour guide.  I wanted to start online / on time tours for people who can not travel due to the restrictions.  After searching the device on the net, I bought it. Now I see I can't use its zooming and face detection on lifestreaming.  I'm going to return it back. I will get a selfie stick + tripod, instead. I'm looking know forward for a gimbal that fits me.
2020-5-1
Use props
djiuser_BcKZ4BoUb5O4
New

Italy

Hi!

Ok I would like zoom while livestreaming on fb
i do lessons, and I would like go from desk to blackboard and osmo follow me, for example
or during a lesson a student can zoom to the blackboard without standing up
2020-5-2
Use props
Yossi from Israel
New
Israel

I bought it specifically to livesteam via Zoom to close to 200 people  abroad who are having their loved one buried, as I am part of a burial society, we are unfortunately very busy and most people who  have family abroad can not attend, I have the osmo mobile 2 and was very happy besides for it's bulkiness, so I sold it and bought the osmo mobile 3 just to find out after I opened it that there is no live stream, I tried to take it back to the store and they said they can't do anything about it cause it's open.

This really is not fair, instead of the newer one being an upgrade, it is disgustingly a downgrade
2020-5-7
Use props
Idewald
lvl.2

Sweden

Blylier Posted at 4-28 08:40
Hi, if you don't want to update the Mimo app, just open the Active Track api so that it can be used on the Facebook app. We don't need to use Mimo, we need to be able to use Active Track and Zoom while live streaming on *any* platform, including on Switcher Studio.

I agree! Just what I wish for!
2020-5-8
Use props
Jeppe Nielsen
New

Denmark

ysliew77 Posted at 4-29 23:18
Also, steaming via "generic RTMP host " would be ideal to accompanying Facebook and YouTube.

By providing a generic RTMP host target option, it will then addresses both the beginners and advanced users needs, in my humble opinion.

Absolutely Agreeing here
2020-5-10
Use props
jelledj
New

Netherlands

I would like to see the option to create a Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP)  stream, so I can connect it to an other aplication and use that to connect to zoom, jitsi, obs studio, facebook, etc. Just add an standard streaming option first please, for audio and video...

How can we help DJI to add this feature?
2020-5-11
Use props
djiuser_fDoeQ5OKg5wA
New
United States

Hi, sounds like everyone had almost all the same purpose as I did to use the device to go live. Seems when you incorporate a video app platform it cancels out all of the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 functions except the stabalization. One person had mentioned they could use the joystick, I could not. Another mentioned covid-19 crisis. The company knew of all your concerns since last fall. Not sure how long it takes to do a fix, but now we find ourselves in this pandemic and all scrambling to find work arounds to reach our clients.

I work with realtors and believe me the apps for going live are inperative right now and realtors are all scrambling, as are the realtor platforms, to learn how to go live. One thing I found in all my research as companies do not list specifics/requirements to live apps and the final destinations.(horizontal/vertical, time limits, length, file size) until you're knee deep in the process. Right now at least the stabilization is working to create the smooth flow. Now I have to find & add a wireless mic to keep out background noises, eek, I stress as this may not work with the device, with the app and with FB live. Beware, as the osmo can go horizontal, FB Live is always vertical, so it will end up showing sideways, learned the hard way, keep it vertical.  Tip, when using FB Live it benefits your reach to have your host ask viewers to comment and click on emoji's, ask the viewers questions so you receive comments and extend your reach. FB likes this and will allow your video to reach more viewers.
2020-5-14
Use props
Everlast556
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40390 ft
United States

Very disappointed this isnt a feature. In this day and age, how can you not have a live stream option in your app? I just bought the Osmo3 and am shocked I can't do this. Please work on this RFE.
2020-5-17
Use props
Tj Warren
lvl.1

United States

I purchased the osmo 3 because of the auto tracking for our churches Facebook live stream. Watched a video with a guy doing exactly what I wanted and now come to realize he was using osmo 2. It’s crazy that DJI created a new app with less features. Can you allow the ability to use the old app with the osmo 3?
2020-5-18
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

It seems that all the GO apps are Going away.  They are being replace by 64 bit apps as new products are introduced.
2020-5-20
Use props
chicagorusty
New
United States

I have 49,000 followers and over a million likes on Tiktok.  I live stream daily.  Tiktok is the largest social media app on the market.  I bought this gimbal thinking I could use active track while live streaming.  This is a giant disappointment.   
2020-6-4
Use props
AdamEntity
New
United States

This is exactly what I was looking for!  If I could use the app to Live Stream to RTSP server, YoutTube, Facebook, etc like with the DJI GO app, or allowing DJI Go to have Osmo functionality. Or any possible way that I can continue to use the active tracking in other video apps including video chatting apps.
2020-6-5
Use props
DjDaxx69
lvl.1

United States

I have held off purchasing the OSMO Mobile 3 for the reason that it does not have live stream. I also own the OSMO Pocket and OSMO Pro, but will now boycott products without requested features. I can live stream with the Pro, but it does not have active track and DJI never fixed the gimbal float issue.
2020-6-6
Use props
djiuser_G3GznMUjUcBn
New

United States

Hi, You can livestream through the FaceBook app, but there's a real problem with the Osmo Mobile 3 in that if you're using the device with the Facebook app, the Mobile 3 will go into standby mode in the middle of your transmission if it's beyond a certain length. This has happened to me multiple times. I called the tech department and they said there's no option to disable the automatic sleep/standby mode. This is a serious problem that could be fixed with a software update. Any chance of that coming soon?
2020-6-7
Use props
djiuser_G3GznMUjUcBn
New

United States

Hi, You can livestream through the FaceBook app, but there's a real problem with the Osmo Mobile 3 in that if you're using the device with the Facebook app, the Mobile 3 will go into standby mode in the middle of your transmission if it's beyond a certain length. This has happened to me multiple times. I called the tech department and they said there's no option to disable the automatic sleep/standby mode. This is a serious problem that could be fixed with a software update. Any chance of that coming soon?
2020-6-7
Use props
HanaArts
New

United States

Aloha from Maui!
I'm a tech for a local arts organization and recently purchased an Osmo Mobile 3 to improve the production value for our live streams, as our workshops, events, and classes have been restricted due to the pandemic.  

My goal was to send the feed to a program, such as OBS Studio, and switch to it as a media source in conjunction with my other cameras and sources.  I did not realize until after I purchased it that this is not a supported feature.

I have found a workaround using Android apps such as IP Webcam and Iriun Webcam, but this inhibits my ability to adjust resolution, white balance, flash, lock exposure, zoom, and auto-track, all of which are essential to the types of productions we host (concerts, ballet, theater, arts workshops, etc).

It would be immensely beneficial to natively send the video signal from Mimo to NDI, RTMP, or even a clean output to a capture card via cable.

Upon searching the internet for a work-around, I’ve noticed an overwhelming demand for these features from many people in the same situation.

Are these features technologically possible for you to implement?
If so, is DJI working on an update to provide this important feature?
If so, when can we expect this functionality?

Thank you for your time and I look forward to your response.
2020-7-3
Use props
Mark256
New

United States

DJI-ytao Posted at 4-20 23:03
Thanks for the feedback.

I shall conclude:

I want the use my iPhone on my mobile 3 with the tracking feature streaming to zoom while sharing my keynote on my iPad. I want a picture in picture of me top right on zoom with sound. Then when my keynote plays a video clip it’s sound automatically is streamed through zoom.  So sounds like I will need obs to do most of this. To bad the mimo app can’t hide all the perimeter menu items. It would be so useful to temp hide and screen share that. The app can start auto tracking before recording. So hiding the menu items would let us screen share iPhone through obs. We just need to toggle off auto sleep and keep screen on till we are finished with it.
2020-7-10
Use props
willardgmoore
New

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2019-9-12 09:44
Hi, thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, the DJI Mimo application does not support the live stream features. However, we will forward this suggestion of yours to our designated department. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!

Can this be added to the DJI Go app? If not why not? Also, it’s been 9 months. Any update? I just bought the osmo 3 for the purpose of Facebook live. Even if functionality is incomplete or partial. It would be preferred to nothing. I’m still looking for an option that doesn’t require trading for the 2.
2020-7-21
Use props
willardgmoore
New

United States

DJI-ytao Posted at 4-15 20:09
Hi, guys. we can have a more comprehensive talk about the mimo livestream in this thread:

In my humble opinion ,There are  3 kinds of ways to do live stream from mobilephone.

I would prefer to stream with dji go app. I don’t care about the live interactions happening on my phone. I would not want to see/use them if they were an option. That belongs on a different screen so that I am not distracted from what I’m doing.
2020-7-21
Use props
Inveigler
New
Canada

Yes, please instagram/facebook livestreaming support in the mimo app is an absolute  mno brainer. I purchased the gimbel assuming it could do that one crucial thing. Very dissapointed
2020-7-22
Use props
djiuser_vAxbESNESy4d
New
United States

Is it also possible to have active tracking during a Skype or google meet or zoom session. I think it’ll be great for dance teachers to teach or for lectures and demonstrations..
2020-8-26
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

I don't know much about it but how it might be possible if Facebook Instagram etc. doesn't add an active track feature to their program? Knowing that the active track and only in the program of the mobile osmo/dji Mimo. Maybe it still works in the background? But I doubt it will work
2020-8-27
Use props
djiuser_Iv5IZd72I4RF
New

United States

Hi, I agree. Very frustrated that it doesn’t support live stream as it is such a simple function that is supported on other dji products. Please fix, I will probably be returning my DJI Osmo mobile
2020-9-23
Use props
djiuser_GoKpXEb9UggR
New

Guatemala

dji please we need live transmission on facebook with the possibility of the track
2020-10-18
Use props
James in Panama
lvl.2
Flight distance : 454616 ft
  • >>>
Panama

DJI Gamora Posted at 2019-9-12 09:44
Hi, thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, the DJI Mimo application does not support the live stream features. However, we will forward this suggestion of yours to our designated department. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!

Hi, I have just ordered the OSP2 and it will be a real bummer if I cannot live stream on one of the social media sites. Please advise
2020-11-2
Use props
RU53
lvl.2

Russia

James in Panama Posted at 11-2 10:32
Hi, I have just ordered the OSP2 and it will be a real bummer if I cannot live stream on one of the social media sites. Please advise

Hello. And I'm wondering.
Good luck.
2020-11-3
Use props
Liberty
lvl.1
Switzerland

The Osmo products are really disappointing (to say it nice) and a scam. DJI should think about concentrating on their drones which so far are great.

This is the second major issue I have found with such lousy products. I had another OSMO and at the time it could not handle the weight of the new IPhone max. So the gimbal was useless. They did not refund me nother provided satisfactory answer.

I bought OSMO 3 and now this ... with them being unable to react and activate this livestreaming functionality... I should have learnt on the first place.... NO MORE GIMBALS from DJI anymore.
2020-11-8
Use props
colleenrsylvia
New

India

When it comes to choosing the best performance testing company, you must consider a number of factors. Check their advanced knowledge of complex systems, automation of scripts, and tests, ability to estimate load management, and develop effective tests.
website: https://qainfotech.com/performance-testing-case-study-for-a-product-in-the-shipping-and-logistics-domain/
2020-11-10
Use props
colleenrsylvia
New

India

https://qainfotech.com/performance-testing-case-study-for-a-product-in-the-shipping-and-logistics-domain/
Performance Testing Services
2020-11-10
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules