Compatibility with Samsung Galaxy S6
1820 6 2019-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mischief
New

Hi.

I own a Samsung Galaxy S6 and my OM3 arrived today. I tested it out with the Mimo app and it freezes for a second or more like 2-3 times per 30 seconds when shooting video.
Do you know if this could be a compatibility issue? Is there any solution to this? My question is if it works fine with newer phones, since I'm planning to buy a Galaxy S10+ in 2 months.

Thank you.
2019-9-12
Use props
Nightfallen.
lvl.2

I just tested on my old S6+, it freezes indeed.
2019-9-12
Use props
LilTommy813
lvl.1

According to this list https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Osmo_Mobile_3/Osmo_Mobile_3_Mobile_Phone_Compatibility_List_en.pdf, the older models of Galaxy's are not included on this list.
2019-9-12
Use props
Mischief
New

Yes, I just wasn't sure if it's my phone or if it's because of the compatibility. Thanks for testing it on your phone.
Anyway, my battery went down 60% in like 30 minutes of playing with the OM3. What is the battery consumption for newer phones, approximately?
2019-9-12
Use props
Nightfallen.
lvl.2

Mischief Posted at 9-12 11:37
Yes, I just wasn't sure if it's my phone or if it's because of the compatibility. Thanks for testing it on your phone.
Anyway, my battery went down 60% in like 30 minutes of playing with the OM3. What is the battery consumption for newer phones, approximately?

S6 has an older version of Bluetooth which may draw more battery from your phone, but it shouldn't drop that hard and fast. Do you have any issues with your battery outside of using MIMO app? Try Filmic Pro for example.
2019-9-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. I would recommend using different mobile device to isolate this matter if it's due to compatibility matter. Upon checking the mobile phone compatibility, the Samsung Galaxy S6 is not part of it. You may also refer to the screenshot below for further check. We do appreciate your understanding.

2019-9-12
Use props
Harimantas
lvl.1

Hi, I would like to inform you : SAMSUNG GALAXY S10 does not work  zoom button and  trigger, and the mimo blocking in settings option
2019-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules