7071 35 2019-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Reuben Pillay
lvl.3
Flight distance : 91480450 ft
  • >>>

Hi All,

I've had this P4ProV2 for some months now - may be 6 - and it bugs me every time I fly... The thing turns on its own...

When I go forward for a while and then i release the controls, it just suddenly yaws to one side... it doesn't keep going in the same direction...

Even when I'm moving forward or backwards, there's always a little bit of turn... I had to pull back from some actors on a rock once, and we had to redo the thing 3 or 4 times cause it just wouldn't keep them centered and the film director wasn't happy... this ain't good for my rep.

I tried fiddling with the yaw settings, but that didn't change anything... I thought it was the remote control that was emitting turn signals... but no... last week I paired it with a friend's remote and the exact same thing happened... and his remote works fine with his drone...

I also have issues making 360° turns, it just won't turn with the same speed smoothly... without moving my finger any more, the thing will accelerate or slow down during the turn...

Now for the record, I have another P4Pro (not V2), a regular P4 and an Inspire 2 and the Air and Spark, none of which suffer those issues...

Is it possible that it is caused by those V2 propellers? I probably should try the drone with the regular props...

Let me know if any of you have encountered the same problem - and tell me how, if you've managed to fix it...

Thanks,

Reuben

2019-9-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Reuben. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please provide us a sample video showing the problem for us to further isolate the issue? Also, I just want to clarify if you already tried to calibrate your IMU and check the Stick mode that you are using under your DJI Go 4 app. You may refer to the images below. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

2019-9-13
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>

I know exactly what he is talking about.  I needed to drop my bird off at Drones Made Easy for a review of the system.  After doing all calibrations, fw refresh, more calibrations and testing in between each time,  I looked and there was Compass 2 Disconnected.....AGAIN   First time was back in FEB 2019.....DME fixed it.

This time we we are replacing both legs and compasses.   This is a P4 Pro V1  But same issue.......but I noticed mine in POI construction progress photos.  Half the flight POI is centered,  2nd half the POI is in the left side of the screen ......  I did all I could do and now should have it back early next week.
BTW,  no impacts, crashes or anything of the sort.....when I land....and I always land by hand,  it's a kiss to the ground....soft and gentle.
Props:  Mine are stock V1 NOT the quiet V2 version..... so NO,  not a prop issue.

Randy

2019-9-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft

Have you also calibrated the sticks?

RedHotPoker
2019-9-13
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>

Aloha Reuben,

Your problem has been reported since the Version 2 was introduced.  Follow DJI Gamora's advice and see if it helps.  Also as RHP (RedHotPoker) says, be sure to calibrate the sticks to and realize that the sticks do not calibrate easily.  You have to be sure that the digital read-out reaches 100% for each direction.

As Gamora indicates, the IMU calibration is very important, but it is different from the other Phantom IMU calibrations, so be sure to follow the on-screen directions closely.  A lot of people do not get one of the images right and have a problem, so look closely at the images displayed during the calibration.  (I made that mistake the first time.)

Hope this helps!  BTW, nice to see you back on the forum again.

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-9-14
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
  • >>>

RedHotPoker Posted at 9-13 13:28

Yes on the RC Cal.
2019-9-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain

That wasn’t helpful?

RedHotPoker

2019-9-14
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
  • >>>

RedHotPoker Posted at 9-14 10:22
That wasn’t helpful?

Sadly no,  that did not solve the issue.
2019-9-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain

rwynant V1 Posted at 9-14 16:53
Sadly no,  that did not solve the issue.

Dang, technology and all it’s foibles... ;-)

I hope that a resolve can be discovered.

RedHotPoker
2019-9-14
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
  • >>>

RedHotPoker Posted at 9-14 23:42
Dang, technology and all it’s foibles... ;-)

It's in the shop.....local DJI shop.  I should have it back with Compass 1 and 2 replaced and 2 new legs.

No crash or anything.....they are simply replacing parts.......I will report once all tested.

Randy
2019-9-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain

rwynant V1 Posted at 9-15 11:53
It's in the shop.....local DJI shop.  I should have it back with Compass 1 and 2 replaced and 2 new legs.

No crash or anything.....they are simply replacing parts.......I will report once all tested.

Alright, please report the ultimate news...

Wishing you only great luck, with a trouble free drone, once it's back.

RedHotPoker
2019-9-15
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
  • >>>

Well the tech dept works F, S, S M, T.....off Wed Thur......so now, the earliest i'll see my bird is Friday the 20th.....but most likely early next week....boo

Randy
2019-9-17
Use props
Reuben Pillay
lvl.3
  • >>>

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-13 12:43
Hi, Reuben. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please provide us a sample video showing the problem for us to further isolate the issue? Also, I just want to clarify if you already tried to calibrate your IMU and check the Stick mode that you are using under your DJI Go 4 app. You may refer to the images below. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

[view_image]

Hello DJI Gamora,

Thanks a lot for the prompt reply and sorry for the delay in getting back to you, busy week... just had some time today to go out in the field and make a little clip...

And yes it is in mode 2 ... And I've tried calibration, I've also tried my friend's remote paired with my drone and I've also tried the V1 propellers on the V2... problem is the same...

Kindly find the video I made today here:

And please do convey this issue with the DJI team so that they can fix it... because I've had quite a bit of issues with this on film sets... this affects my reputation... now that I've got my p4pro v1 back from repairs, that will be my main low budget drone (otherwise i have the inspire 2) ... and btw i had to pay $234 to fix a camera sensor issue on the P4Pv1 - while that drone had NEVER crashed and was always hand caught...  that's just money being dumped out of the window... DJI should do something for drones that fail like that for no reason...

Anyhow, looking forward to your next.

Thanks again,

Reuben

2019-9-23
Use props
Reuben Pillay
lvl.3
  • >>>

Cetacean Posted at 9-14 02:57
Aloha Reuben,

Your problem has been reported since the Version 2 was introduced.  Follow DJI Gamora's advice and see if it helps.  Also as RHP (RedHotPoker) says, be sure to calibrate the sticks to and realize that the sticks do not calibrate easily.  You have to be sure that the digital read-out reaches 100% for each direction.

Aloha Cetacean,

Thanks for the warm welcome again!

Yeah I think I haven't done the IMU calibration ... gonna try it tomorrow... I just responded to DJI Gamora above with a video with the issue...

Hopefully I'll have more time this week to respond more promptly XD

Cheers,

Reuben
2019-9-23
Use props
Reuben Pillay
lvl.3
  • >>>

rwynant V1 Posted at 9-13 13:21
I know exactly what he is talking about.  I needed to drop my bird off at Drones Made Easy for a review of the system.  After doing all calibrations, fw refresh, more calibrations and testing in between each time,  I looked and there was Compass 2 Disconnected.....AGAIN   First time was back in FEB 2019.....DME fixed it.

This time we we are replacing both legs and compasses.   This is a P4 Pro V1  But same issue.......but I noticed mine in POI construction progress photos.  Half the flight POI is centered,  2nd half the POI is in the left side of the screen ......  I did all I could do and now should have it back early next week.

Yes not a prop issue, cause I tried the props of the V1 on the V2 and the issue is still there...

But I have no such issue on my V1
2019-9-23
Use props
Reuben Pillay
lvl.3
  • >>>

RedHotPoker Posted at 9-13 13:28

Yep did that - Also tested with a friend's remote control - problem remains... therefore it's not the remote...
2019-9-23
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
  • >>>

I should have my bird back from the shop Tuesday.  If that's the case I will test immediately and report back here......if it's fixed, then it was the compass/s

Randy
2019-9-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain

Reuben Pillay Posted at 9-23 13:03
Yep did that - Also tested with a friend's remote control - problem remains... therefore it's not the remote...

Yup, then calibrating the sticks was pointless.

Sadly.

RedHotPoker
2019-9-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Reuben Pillay Posted at 9-23 12:57
Hello DJI Gamora,

Thanks a lot for the prompt reply and sorry for the delay in getting back to you, busy week... just had some time today to go out in the field and make a little clip...

Thank you for the additional information provided. Can you please try to calibrate your IMU and try to check if the problem will still persist. Also, we will forward this concern of yours to our designated department for attention. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2019-9-24
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
  • >>>

RedHotPoker Posted at 9-15 13:36
Alright, please report the ultimate news...

OK Folks,  and RHP ;-)

Got my bird back Tuesday, and tested for flying straight,  stopping straight and returning backwards straight......also POI Progress Photos for POI being centered in all images......very good within reason!!

She seems to be working as expected!!  Both compass' replaced.  

Randy
2019-9-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain

rwynant V1 Posted at 9-25 10:44
OK Folks,  and RHP ;-)

Got my bird back Tuesday, and tested for flying straight,  stopping straight and returning backwards straight......also POI Progress Photos for POI being centered in all images......very good within reason!!

This post gets my upvote... ;-)

Feeling good all over, once again.

That’s great to hear. Thanks for sharing the happiness. Good luck ongoing.

RedHotPoker
2019-9-25
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
  • >>>

I too love to know the end result of a given situation.  All too often, we never get the final answer...... Thanks RHP

Randy
2019-9-25
Use props
fans0d23caf9
New
Flight distance : 7 ft
Brazil

rwynant V1 Posted at 2019-9-13 13:21

Nice point. I've the same yaw issue and notice that every time some compass error is detected when I turn on the drone to fly. I always need to calibrate it! I'll check this. My drone already went to warranty to try to fix the yaw problem. They changed the yaw motor and NOTHING CHANGE. The yaw issue still there. Now you gave me a nice point to check: compass.
2020-12-12
Use props
Mlebout
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1375 ft
Canada

I have pretty much the same problem.  Yawing is intermittent, which makes it difficult to take stills.  Has anyone gotten any satisfaction from DJI or found another solution?  Maybe it is time for a class action???
2021-1-12
Use props
fansf26a75fc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2636768 ft
Poland

Mlebout Posted at 1-12 14:41
I have pretty much the same problem.  Yawing is intermittent, which makes it difficult to take stills.  Has anyone gotten any satisfaction from DJI or found another solution?  Maybe it is time for a class action???

Yes
I thinking, We should make a class action beacuse I bought my dron Febuary 2020 and He has still problem.  I made all calibrations and I have fw number 5200.

DJI PLEASE DO  SOMETHING !!
Why Mavic 2 and Air 2 so very stable ?

I will have to send my P4P v2.0 on warranty

EDIT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlxV59I5FoY&feature=youtu.be
You can see this problem on the video.

2021-1-19
Use props
CHASCOADMIN
lvl.4
United States

We have three different Phantom 4 Pro V2's doing the same thing. This problem is all over many different forums and not only occurs in manual flight, but in autonomous flight when going from waypoint to waypoint in mapping missions. I have been able to prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that it is almost exactly a 15° skew and is consistent across all aircraft. DJI just really doesn't care about fixing it. Otherwise with the number of reports there have been they would have done something about it by now.
2021-1-21
Use props
Dym0
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2636768 ft
Poland

Dear DJI,
Can you express your opinion?
2021-1-22
Use props
Reuben Pillay
lvl.3
  • >>>
Mauritius

DJI Gamora Posted at 2019-9-24 13:33
Thank you for the additional information provided. Can you please try to calibrate your IMU and try to check if the problem will still persist. Also, we will forward this concern of yours to our designated department for attention. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

Hello DJI Gamora,

I am reaching out again after more than a year... My Phantom 4 Pro V2 has been sleeping ever since... I managed to repair my V1 and have been using it instead since then...

But I Still need to find a solution to this V2 problem.

So far I have tried calibrating the IMU several times... also calibrated the remote... and worse: I have paired the remote of a friend, who has the V2 with my drone - BUT MY PROBLEM IS STILL THERE... so it has nothing to do with the remote...

That drone is my money that is sleeping and I can't even sell it cause it would be dishonest to sell something that I know has a problem...

Now i have barely used that drone I had to purchase it urgently while i was on a shoot because my Phantom 4 Pro V1 suddenly had the camera sensor error... So I bought the V2... BUT I couldn't understand why i couldn't shoot properly with it... and i was even scolded by the film director... such an incident had a negative effect on my reputation and it's all DJI's fault... At the time i did not understand what was going on...

It was only after the shooting that I had some time to test that drone and see what was wrong with it and that was then that I created this post here...

What I did back then was get the camera sensor error repaired on my P4PRo V1 and I have been using it ever since... the V2 despite barely used has been sleeping since... and i don't know what to do with it.

Worse, I've been wanting to get the new FPV drone from DJI but all my money is on the shelf in that drone...

I have created a new ticket with DJI support here: 3505235

Grateful if you can have a word with the support team and find a solution quickly for me. This situation is really unfair and I've been a loyal DJI customer for such a long time... I have the Spark, the Mavic Air, the Inspire 2, the phantom 4 std, and the phantom 4 pro v2 that was disastrous... You can't abandon a loyal customer like that...

I really hope you can do something fair for me.

Many thanks,

Reuben
2021-4-20
Use props
Reuben Pillay
lvl.3
  • >>>
Mauritius

Dym0 Posted at 1-22 06:09
Dear DJI,
Can you express your opinion?

Hello,
I have just made a reddit post here - to group together people with the same issues - may be we can go for a class action lawsuit!
DO tell your story there!
https://www.reddit.com/r/dji/com ... om_4_pro_v2_issues/
2021-5-11
Use props
Reuben Pillay
lvl.3
  • >>>
Mauritius

CHASCOADMIN Posted at 1-21 20:28
We have three different Phantom 4 Pro V2's doing the same thing. This problem is all over many different forums and not only occurs in manual flight, but in autonomous flight when going from waypoint to waypoint in mapping missions. I have been able to prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that it is almost exactly a 15° skew and is consistent across all aircraft. DJI just really doesn't care about fixing it. Otherwise with the number of reports there have been they would have done something about it by now.

Hello,
I have just made a reddit post here - to group together people with the same issues - may be we can go for a class action lawsuit!
2021-5-11
Use props
Reuben Pillay
lvl.3
  • >>>
Mauritius

fansf26a75fc Posted at 1-19 12:51
Yes
I thinking, We should make a class action beacuse I bought my dron Febuary 2020 and He has still problem.  I made all calibrations and I have fw number 5200.

Hello,
2021-5-11
Use props
Reuben Pillay
lvl.3
  • >>>
Mauritius

Mlebout Posted at 1-12 14:41

Hello,
2021-5-11
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Reuben Pillay Posted at 5-11 15:02
Hello,

You need to change the compass in P4P V2. It will solve the problem.
The compass in these birds seam to bee some junk batch, have solved a few problems here.
2021-5-13
Use props
Reuben Pillay
lvl.3
  • >>>
Mauritius

G_Sig Posted at 5-13 08:35
You need to change the compass in P4P V2. It will solve the problem.
The compass in these birds seam to bee some junk batch, have solved a few problems here.

Thanks, But where to get those?

In my communication with DJI support I've asked them to ship me the compasses... I have asked that at different levels...  NOBODY responded to that... they keep telling me to send in the drone... and worse, they add, WE CAN"T SEND IT BACK TO YOUR COUNTRY THOUGH... as in WTF goes through their head!
2021-5-13
Use props
tzukowski
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10226 ft

United States

I had this very thing happen to me yesterday! I flew straight up to 388 ft., tilted camera up a little, and I turned to focus on a roadway intersection. From a fixed hover, with hands off the sticks... The craft yawed close to 60 degrees clockwise! I had to turn the craft CCW to realign to my point of interest.

I thought this was strange, so I Googled this morning and found I am not the only person having strange behavior with the craft yawing completely on its own.

I just bought mine a couple of months ago. DJI - Maybe this can be fixed somehow?
2021-5-14
Use props
delfin2003
lvl.4
Flight distance : 170869 ft
Russia

Is there anyone with the V2 that does NOT have a yaw problem?
Have you tried this? https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=185883&mobile=2#pid1818689
2022-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules