No Quickshots in PANO mode? Weird.
620 4 2019-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djcamera
lvl.3

I shoot stills in "wide" Pano mode.  So I just make that setting first, either before takeoff or while the quad is ascending and I have a minute to go through the menus.  I wish I could set photos to "PANO" by default, but whatever.
If I then want to take a QUICKSHOT video...like a dronie or circle...I hit the QS symbol on the left, and I get a window that says I cannot use any Quickshot while my still photo setting is in PANO mode.  I am offered an "OK" button to take the camera out of PANO mode.

Why is this necessary?  First, of all...I guess there's a technical reason for the no-PANO-mode for Quickshots, but why ask me if I want to take the camera OUT of pano mode?  Obviously I want to use Quickshots, otherwise I wouldn't have selected it.  So just do it.  Don't ask me.

And while I'm on the subject, is there a way to re-program or re-assign one of the unused buttons on my controller to make it a PANO MODE toggle?  Right now I have to click the right button to get into still photo mode, then hit CAMERA, then hit PANO, then scroll down to "wide", then click out of the menu.  Kind of a pain while the aircraft is up there.
2019-9-13
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>

The Pano mode is a photo mode
Several pictures from one side to the other, either 3x3, or 7x3
And to do videos you need to switch the cam  mode to video.
Which also changes the usable area of the chip from 4000x3000 to 1920x1080
2019-9-13
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>

Oh, I think I understand:
There is no wide Pano mode
There is just a photo mode, 4000x3000 pix, full area of the sensor
And
A video mode, max full HD, 1920x1080

Video mode or photo mode is the thing, and you usually just need to switch the button on tte right of the screen.
Or 2 times the RC buttons, left for video, right for photo
To switch from photo to video and from video to photo
2019-9-13
Use props
djcamera
lvl.3

S-e-ven Posted at 9-13 06:09
Oh, I think I understand:
There is no wide Pano mode
There is just a photo mode, 4000x3000 pix, full area of the sensor

I know all of that.  And I am in VIDEO when I select Quickshots.  Still it advises me to take the camera "out" of PANO mode (which is a photo function) before it will allow Quickshots (a video function).

I'm saying, it should just do it...disable PANO PHOTO mode...without alerting me or asking me if it's OK.  During a flight is no time for extraneous permissions or fiddling with popups.
2019-9-13
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>

Ok, sorry, so no help at all!
2019-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules