Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Epson moverio 300 bt
217 11 9-13 06:08
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Picanoc Jack
Captain
Flight distance : 4479567 ft

have any of you lads purchased them?  If so are they all worth it?
9-13 06:08
Use props
DJI Stephen
Super Moderator

Hello and good day Picanoc Jack. Thank you for reaching out. I hope that you will get the best information from our valued DJI co pilots who has and used the Epson Moverio BT -300. Just a friendly that there is a possibility that the Epson Moverio BT 300 will work. However, since it's not yet optimized with our DJI Go 4 application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the the Epson Moverio BT 300  if it will work all the time while using it on the DJI Drone. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
9-13 08:57
Use props
Flycaster
First Officer

If you are flying a Mavic Gen I, then they should be happy, happy, happy...
On the Mavic Gen II, maybe not so much.
I've read that the "early" units with a different controller "model number" seemed to work, but then evidently, the changed the controller, (with a different part numberand it doesn't seem to work.
I have a pair of the Moverios for my Mavic Gen I, with ZERO updates done to the bird/controller after 2 years of use, and it works fine.
I have the 350's by the way...
9-13 09:55
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Captain

Flycaster Posted at 9-13 09:55
If you are flying a Mavic Gen I, then they should be happy, happy, happy...
On the Mavic Gen II, maybe not so much.
I've read that the "early" units with a different controller "model number" seemed to work, but then evidently, the changed the controller, (with a different part numberand it doesn't seem to work.

I have a Mavic pro, and looking at the 300 Bt
9-14 02:13
Use props
BobB
Captain
Flight distance : 138310 ft

Hi Picanoc Jack, ya they would work real good if that is what you will use but i'm not sure i would spend the money on the older MP1 but your money. I still have my 2 MP1's i still fly
9-14 02:24
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Captain

BobB Posted at 9-14 02:24
Hi Picanoc Jack, ya they would work real good if that is what you will use but i'm not sure i would spend the money on the older MP1 but your money. I still have my 2 MP1's i still fly

Bob thanks for your reply, the mavic I do have is a mavic Pro, I don't know if it's a MP1, the only reason to purchase  the Epson moveirio is for better videos, and being able to have a better performance. From the videos I seen on youtube it would be just as if I was in a cockpit, thanks again for your input.
9-14 06:02
Use props
BobB
Captain

Picanoc Jack Posted at 9-14 06:02
Bob thanks for your reply, the mavic I do have is a mavic Pro, I don't know if it's a MP1, the only reason to purchase  the Epson moveirio is for better videos, and being able to have a better performance. From the videos I seen on youtube it would be just as if I was in a cockpit, thanks again for your input.

ya MP1 is what we call the original one (Mavic Pro) that is 3 or so years old now....i think that is the way it works like the goggles do.  Won't be as hot as the goggles are either.
9-14 11:14
Use props
fans71dd0bb9
lvl.2
  • >>>

The BT300s work with my Mavic 2.  Be sure your TX is labeled RC1A, and you will not have an issue.
9-14 15:13
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Captain

BobB Posted at 9-14 11:14
ya MP1 is what we call the original one (Mavic Pro) that is 3 or so years old now....i think that is the way it works like the goggles do.  Won't be as hot as the goggles are either.

hey Bob thanks a lot for that info
9-14 17:47
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Captain

fans71dd0bb9 Posted at 9-14 15:13
The BT300s work with my Mavic 2.  Be sure your TX is labeled RC1A, and you will not have an issue.

ok, now what is TX? thanks for the info
9-14 17:51
Use props
BobB
Captain

fans71dd0bb9 Posted at 9-14 15:13

lol ya i want to know also. What is TX and RC1A?
9-16 03:33
Use props
Flycaster
First Officer

BobB Posted at 9-16 03:33
lol ya i want to know also. What is TX and RC1A?

TX is the transmitter, RX is the receiver (old school RC vernacular.)
And the RC1A is one of the models of the transmitter for the Mav 2.
This seems to work with the Moverios, but the "new model" does not. RC1B?

Now as to the application of the Moverios, they are another way to keep your AC in LOS,
and still see the telemetry without really moving your eyes from AC down to controller/tablet.
It's like a 70 inch screen projected in front of you. Not as immersive as the DJI goggles, but you get to keep your situational awareness, know whats going on around you, and yes, they are cooler (in both counts). Once you get them fitted to you and have found your optical sweetspot, your good to go. The ONLY bad thing about these is they are fixed IPD, meaning the distance between your pupils, in relation to the mirrors on the glasses. They are not adjustable, as I think they should be. So if your number are to large or too small you may have issues. And if you need glasses, you can get a set of lens for the lens holder from Rochester Optical in N.Y. City, with your script to pop into them and good to go.

If you do go with the Moverios to try, check the return policy before you buy them. May not fit your IPD (Inter pupilary distance), have a BT mouse and keyboard to get the controller and Go4 app setup. using the touchpad will only drive you to drink.....

Edit: Make sure you look for a "Drone Edition" package for the Moverios. Sometimes you get either a holder/mount for the controller to be held by the Mavic controller tossed in for free, or sometimes, just sometimes you get the special Rochester Optical extra dark visor shade for really bright days included. I think you get 2 different shades, but this one is darker and special.

9-16 07:27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules