Naza-M V2 Parameter settings on a 800 hex
6109 9 2014-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jcampen
lvl.1

Malaysia

On the DJI Naza-M V2 wiki it advisethat  this flight controller canbe used on the 800 size Multirotor copters, although it recommends  to use the Wooking-M if you need this size foraerial photography and for Zenmuse gimbal controls, however it still lists theNAZA-M V2 as a suitable flight controller for this size aircraft.  

I have now built a ST800 Hobbly lord Hex  and the NAZA-M V2 fitted to this, however thereisn’t anywhere in the Wiki a recommendation what parameters to have it set at.

Can someone please help and advise where this is or what is recommendedfor this size aircraft as a default starting point?

Thanks in advacne for any assitance,
John

2014-9-19
Use props
DJI-Howard
lvl.3

China

Hi Jcampen,

The recommendation of WKM is not just because of foraerial photography and for Zenmuse gimbal controls.
For those copters are larger than 650 size, Naza is not a good and stable enough choice.
http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php ... llation_Preparation
2014-9-27
Use props
jcampen
lvl.1

Malaysia

Hi Howard.
Can you please explain why that is?  Does the NAZA have different gyros, accelerometers and out put controllers than what the wookong has and that those NAZA controller components can not manage the same performance as a DIY Adrucoper controller can? I have 3 other brands of flight controllers that can all fly any size airframe. It only has to do with what the parameters are set at and its nothing to do with the hardware at all.

In the DJI documentation for the NAZA it does not state it can not be used for heavier air frames. Its just a recommendation to use the WKM, and the only reason explaining why that is that I could find was is if you wanted to use it for the Zenmuse gimbal controller. There is no other explanation given why not to use the NAZA M V2 on a bigger frame.

In fact in most of the DJI documentation it clearly shows it is suitable to be used on a bigger airframe. Here are some examples.

On this page is advises it can be used on an Oct copters. http://www.dji.com/product/naza-m-v2/spec

"Supported Multi-rotor
Quad-rotor I4, X4
Hex-rotor I6, X6, IY6, Y6
Octo-rotor I8,V8,X8"

Now on the NAZA Wiki pages it clearly states "You can get better flight performance use Naza on the following DJI products" and in that list it has the Spreading Wings 800 listed, which clearly advises it is suitable then for this large size airframe.  http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Naza-M-V2

So there it is confirmed, DJI have it listed that the NAZA M V2 is suitable for a Spreading WIng 800

So then can you please advise what parameters I need to set the NAZA M on for this size airframe? I have it all built and ready to fly, but I need the parameters recommended for this size frame before I want to try it out.

I look forward to your reply

Thank you, Rgds John
djie.JPG
2014-10-2
Use props
jcampen
lvl.1

Malaysia

Still no reply? Please advise what parameters I need to set it at.

Thank you, Rgds John
2014-10-25
Use props
jcampen
lvl.1

Malaysia

DJI-Howard Posted at 2014-9-28 10:38
Hi Jcampen,

The recommendation of WKM is not just because of foraerial photography and for Zenmuse  ...

Howard can you please reply?

Only once I have your feed back with the parameters I need will I then remove my post from the RCGroups forum.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/s ... 2&postcount=120

Otherwise I need to leave it there until I can get some help from someone else.

Rgds John
2014-10-25
Use props
DJI-Howard
lvl.3

China

jcampen Posted at 2014-10-26 10:16
Howard can you please reply?

Only once I have your feed back with the parameters I need will I th ...

Hi Jcampen,

Sorry for the confusion and delayed response, the S800 information had been deleted.

Please use the NAZA for those aircrafts smaller than 650.
2014-10-27
Use props
jcampen
lvl.1

Malaysia

DJI-Howard Posted at 2014-10-27 21:21
Hi Jcampen,

Sorry for the confusion and delayed response, the S800 information had been deleted.

Howard I have my rig already set up ready to fly. So it is to late to come and tell me you deleted the recommendation on your web site.  Please just at least advise me a starting point I can set the parameters at for the 800 frame.

Our company has spent over USD10,000 on DJI products and intend to buy more, so this small favour is the least you can help me with.

Thank you, Rgds John.
2014-10-27
Use props
jcampen
lvl.1

Malaysia

Howard,
Seeing DJI is not willing to assist in this matter and that I have already bought this combination equipment setup going from your web site recommendations, and now you are advising that the NAZA M is not suitable,  If I now have to buy another flight controller for my 800, then please advise how I can get a refund or a credit for my NAZA M v2?

Thank you, John
2014-11-1
Use props
jcampen
lvl.1

Malaysia

By the way Howard, after lots of searching on many forums, I'm not the only one who bought a NAZA M and 800 frame, there are lots of people out there with this combination, and probably because it was on your web site recommendation.  I wonder how they will react when they find out DJI recommended a product combination and now DJI advises its not suitable?  This does not look good for DJIs reputation.
2014-11-1
Use props
jcampen
lvl.1

Malaysia

Howard I see at least 5 suppliers of the DJI NAZA M are packaging the NAZA M with 800 size Hex copters. I  don't think your suppliers are going to be very happy now that you have now advised its not recommended and removed this from your web site. This might see sales of the NAZA drop significantly?

Here an example

http://www.flying-hobby.com/kong ... gps-v2-p-13208.html

2014-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules