400GB microsd card compatibility on osmo pocket
4808 9 2019-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nemo020
lvl.1

i just ordered a sandisk extreme pro 400gb microsd. will this be downgraded to 256gb on the osmo pocket? or will it not work at all?
2019-9-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day nemo020. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this inquiry. It is better to use multiple lower memory SD cards rather than using a single 400GB microsd card on your DJI Osmo Pocket for security and reliability purposes. In using an SD Card I would suggest using a recommended SD Card for your DJI Osmo Pocket for compatibility and reliability purposes. These recommended SD cards are tested to work properly on the said drone. In addition I will be posting the specs of the supported SD card for the DJI Osmo Pocket. Thank you.

2019-9-13
Use props
nemo020
lvl.1

Thanks for the copy and paste from another thread here already, but this does not answer my question in a simple Yes or No.
2019-9-13
Use props
griffdude13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 53507 ft
  • >>>

nemo020 Posted at 9-13 10:22
Thanks for the copy and paste from another thread here already, but this does not answer my question in a simple Yes or No.

In layman's terms, it's not confirmed to be stable or reliable. It'd be safer to buy 2 256 cards and switch them out as needed. As a filmmaker rule of thumb, I typically never try to buy one super massive card for video storage, it forces me to dump footage in chunks, and honestly, you'll be thankful in case things, er, hit the fan so to speak.
2019-9-13
Use props
Jcsmart
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1364439 ft
  • >>>

Even if you use 256GB, not recommended. Too slow to read all the footage when pluging into the phone. Use multi 128GB is the best.
2019-9-13
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer

Once upon a time I was of the mind of using large capacity cards. Then, I lost a ton of photos due to a corrupted CF card. Now I stick with multiple smaller cards

But, it still doesn't answer your question. Very sorry.

All I can do is suggest that you send it back and order a card that fits into the recommended specs.

But, if you must give it a go, you can be the pioneer and report back.
2019-9-14
Use props
nemo020
lvl.1

Funny as no one answers the question. I got the Sandisk extreme pro 400gb (fastest one available) for the osmo pocket and plugged it in, and the device detects around 366GB of storage and the card works fine.

I did some recordings at 1080p and 4k (60fps). While 1080p/60 works flawlessly, 4k 60 seems to cause an audio stutter and loss of sync between video and audio by about 2 seconds. I checked online and seems like its not an issue with my card, but osmo pocket in general. Anyone know more about this?

Here is an image of the card being detected by the osmo pocket.
IMG_8331.jpeg
2019-9-15
Use props
StardustGeass
lvl.4

I haven't use 400GB SD Card, so I can't say much.
But, I use 128GB samsung SD Card, and I have no problem with audio stuttering at all, even at 4k60fps.
2019-9-16
Use props
Rob Chisholm
lvl.1

Hello Nemo, maybe work let us all know please. The question I ask how many days to transfer to say a desktop ?
2019-9-16
Use props
Neo Supreme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76329 ft

I guess the next card to try out is the 1TB microSD.
2019-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules