Hurry up, it's coming! UPDATED
1355 24 2015-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Lucked out on this one. We didn't think we'd have time to get set-up and catch it. Lot's I would have done differently if we'd had more time to prep. Short train and short video. Hope to do some more "flying around" next time!

Jerry

UPDATE

Okay, I removed to fisheye and changed the GPS from 30 to 60. What do you think? The file size is about 6x the original. Just figured I test it a bit.

2015-6-9
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Send the railroad a link to all your videos of the trains going by and maybe the Engineer will put you on his Christmas present list.  
2015-6-9
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

A train!  Kind of a rush standing next to one while filming isn't it?  Thanks for sharing.

Chris
2015-6-9
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

Pretty good......timing with the music and sound effects was perfect!
2015-6-9
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

Thanks fella's! Just cleaning up my video files. Need more space. Trying to keep track of all this stuff has become a nightmare. It's amazing how many hours I have of this stuff and how little is good enough to even use. I've got to learn how to get a shot. I'll tell you this, I won't be trying to get fish and turtles underwater anymore! Hey, I feel like I'm carrying the load these days. How about a few more videos from you guys?

Jerry
2015-6-9
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-6-10 04:32
Thanks fella's! Just cleaning up my video files. Need more space. Trying to keep track of all this s ...

I would like nothing more than to get out and fly, but the weather has not been helping much.  More rain and thunderstorms today (right now in fact).  I am getting antsy.
2015-6-9
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

nrgwise Posted at 2015-6-10 04:41
I would like nothing more than to get out and fly, but the weather has not been helping much.  Mor ...

Chris,

I hear what you're saying, we been getting walloped too. Then today it goes to 93! WTF? Too hot to fly. It forced me to go back and edit some of the stuff I already had. Love the flying part, hate the editing. And now I'm running out of stuff to fly. The "driveway" is worn out!

Jerry
2015-6-9
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Nice video. I see the same thing I get in some of my videos and that is the fisheye effect. Anyone know of a free software that can straighten that out. I don't use them enough to to buy and expensive software to deal with the fish eye effect. Running Windows and not MAC. Thanks!
2015-6-10
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-6-10 17:10
Nice video. I see the same thing I get in some of my videos and that is the fisheye effect. Anyone k ...

Roy,

The P2 definitely has the fisheye. Although it'd be nice to take it out, I'm already spending more time than I thought just trying to edit these clips! I did see a thread on here that gave some names of software that does take it out but I don't remember the names. It was a while ago but you could probably find it.

Jerry
2015-6-10
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-6-10 17:10
Nice video. I see the same thing I get in some of my videos and that is the fisheye effect. Anyone k ...

Roy,

Here's on of the threads: http://forum.dji.com/thread-1463-1-1.html

Jerry
2015-6-10
Use props
BazzaVMC
lvl.2

Australia

That was excellent!
2015-6-10
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

Thanks Bazza! I just wish I would have been better prepared. I would have "moved" around a lot more.

Jerry
2015-6-10
Use props
Kilted Flyer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1096637 ft
United States

Maybie You can buy my house.. I live next to the railroad which passes behind my backyard. Since you like trains.. LOL.
2015-6-11
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

Kilted Flyer Posted at 2015-6-12 05:33
Maybie You can buy my house.. I live next to the railroad which passes behind my backyard. Since you ...

David,

I only like trains by other people's houses!

Jerry
2015-6-11
Use props
flyinphantom604
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53996 ft
Canada

if u use gopro studio it only takes a click to get rid of the fisheye
2015-6-11
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

flyinphantom604 Posted at 2015-6-12 07:05
if u use gopro studio it only takes a click to get rid of the fisheye

Flyin,

Thanks for the heads-up. GoPro Studio won't let me do much if the file wasn't generated from a GoPro. At least if I try to do many things, it comes up with a message stating such.

Jerry
2015-6-11
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

What is up with all the Chinese spam on the forum??????.
2015-6-11
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

Raybro Posted at 2015-6-12 07:40
What is up with all the Chinese spam on the forum??????.

I've got no idea. I dropped a couple of notes to DJI but haven't seen or heard anything since. It was all over the P3 forum this morning but apparently they cleaned that up already. P2 isn't as important I guess.

Jerry
2015-6-11
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

Tahoe! Clean this mess up!
2015-6-11
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

Raybro Posted at 2015-6-12 08:02
Tahoe! Clean this mess up!

Ohh, that'll work!!!
2015-6-11
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

I tried.....he's the moderator after all....
2015-6-11
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

Somebody clean this forum up please! This really shows how much DJI cares about its customers. I'm done!
2015-6-12
Use props
Faken
lvl.2

Canada

DJI already posted that the SPAM filtering on the forum isn't working properly and they were looking to fix it.  The forum was being exploited by a bot, not a human being so those bots can just hammer away and create news posts and topics within seconds and cleaning it up isn't always easy.  I've been running forums for years, spammers are a HUGE pain in the ass.
2015-6-12
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

Faken Posted at 2015-6-12 23:19
DJI already posted that the SPAM filtering on the forum isn't working properly and they were looking ...

Faken,

Thanks for the info. I figured it was something like that.

Jerry
2015-6-12
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

Commies.......{:3_50:}
2015-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now