P3 freaks out -> switch from P to other flight mode?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Antti
lvl.1

Finland

I have been reading reports of Phantoms freaking out due to different or unknown reasons. I was wondering if switching from P mode to A (or F) would make any difference especially if the reason of losing control is incorrect GPS data. Not saying it would solve all cases (if any), but it might solve some fly-aways. At least I haven't seen anyone trying it. What do you think?

My P3 is on it's way and I'm thinking about some procedures to go through if I encounter some sort of failure...

2015-6-9
Use props
Silentwitness
lvl.3
Flight distance : 286637 ft
United Kingdom

A-Mode, yes definitely a good plan. F-Mode, I don't think would make a difference as I far as I know, if you switch from P-Mode to F-Mode, it will still use the GPS.
2015-6-9
Use props
PhantomHelp.com
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Right on -- try switching to A-mode to override GPS. You'll need to enable Multiple Flight Mode in the DJI Pilot application in order to use the PAF switch.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-6-9
Use props
Antti
lvl.1

Finland

Thanks for the answers! I guess I have one more tool to recover. Just need to practice all modes before really needing them.
2015-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules