[Sony Xperia Z5 compact] Videos out of focus
1321 8 2019-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fonzman
lvl.1

When I try to record videos with the DJI Mimo App, the camera always goes out of focus every 3-4 seconds! This results in unwatchable videos. The camera app from the manufacturer does not behave like this.
Any Ideas?

Gimbal: Osmo Mobile 3

Smartphone: Sony Xperia Z5 compact running Android 7.1.1 (no further updates available)

2019-9-15
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>

There are no Sony phones approved for use with the Mobile 3 and its app, so...
2019-9-15
Use props
Fonzman
lvl.1

Where can I find a list of approved phones? The only info I found was about size + weight limits, and my phone complies.
2019-9-15
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ibility_List_en.pdf
2019-9-15
Use props
Fonzman
lvl.1

Thanks. This list was hidden well from google.
I still hope for a fix for my Sony.
2019-9-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Fonzman. I am sorry for the trouble. As of the moment these are the only mobile devices that are recommended for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ibility_List_en.pdf ). Rest assured that our DJI engineers are continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added to the said list in the future. In addition I will be cascading this thread to the designated DJI department for further development of the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and it's recommended mobile devices. Thank you.
2019-9-15
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>

I agree about that list being a bit hidden.  Unless I missed it, it's not directly accessible from the main advert page for the device on the DJI site.
2019-9-15
Use props
Fonzman
lvl.1

QUOTE:
I agree about that list being a bit hidden.  Unless I missed it, it's not directly accessible from the main advert page for the device on the DJI site.

...and was never mentioned in any review I found about the Mobile 3.

btw. the PDF states Sumsung instead of Samsung .. so its probably worth updating ;-)

2019-9-16
Use props
Fonzman
lvl.1

sorry, to late to edit my last post.

Just wanted to thank DJI Stephan for the official reply and looking forward to updates of the Mimo-App!
2019-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules