Ronin SC (Pro Combo) Compatible with Panasonic G7 / G70?
12448 10 2019-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JannisG
lvl.1

Hey,

I ve got the G7 / G70 and I saw there is a seperate Panasonic cable which I could  buy to connect my Panasonic camera with the gimbal but does it work then?

I want to Start / stop recording, take  photos, ( for timelapse/panorama function) and focus if half pressed?

Focus through software won´t work obviously but I would buy the pro version I guess.

If I can mount my camera there and use the normal features explained above I would maybe buy it today so a quick reply would be great.

2019-9-15
Use props
Chung123
lvl.3

I believe  you will need the Panasonic RSS cable with USB-C on the other end. https://store.dji.com/product/ro ... rol-cable-panasonic
2019-9-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching out! We understand that you would like to use the Panasonic G7 and G70 with our Ronin-SC and we highly appreciate your interest with our product. I've checked the cameras that our compatible with the Ronin-SC specifically for the Panasonic and I'm afraid that I haven't found your preferred cameras to use with our Ronin-SC in our list. Therefore, using the start/stop recording is not possible while using the camera, however, I'm coordinating the with our designated department to see if you could use your Ronin-SC to stabilize your camera. Furthermore, I've included the screenshot below for camera compatibility. Appreciate your understanding and support to us. Cheers!

2019-9-15
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>

The Panasonic Lumix G7 works with the Ronin SC tried and tested.
2019-9-16
Use props
Matt Sefton
lvl.2
Flight distance : 108570 ft

I have the SC and G7 and the gimbal works perfectly if you connect the Panasonic rss cable. With the cable you’ll get recording start/stop, half press focusing etc.
2019-9-17
Use props
Ludovic A
lvl.1

France

Hello,

apart of plugin the cable to the camera, do i have to set anything else on the camera?

Because i have plug the RSS cable and i cannot control recordong or focusing.

Thank you for your reply.
2020-4-8
Use props
djiuser_TbIfhEHoHaEF
New

Guatemala

Ludovic A Posted at 4-8 08:58
Hello,

apart of plugin the cable to the camera, do i have to set anything else on the camera?

I have the same problem
2020-12-27
Use props
Mikey Rex Aragon
New

United States

I know this is an old post but no....the G7 is not supported for any gimbal. You have to upgrade camera or else be stuck with very limited functionality going forward. Annoying af but there's no work around. Very few people have had luck getting it to momentarily work but nothing reliable.
2021-1-24
Use props
JannisG
lvl.1

Germany

Mikey Rex Aragon Posted at 1-24 15:42
I know this is an old post but no....the G7 is not supported for any gimbal. You have to upgrade camera or else be stuck with very limited functionality going forward. Annoying af but there's no work around. Very few people have had luck getting it to momentarily work but nothing reliable.

I bought the Pro combo and the Panasonic Cable and I can take photos and Timelapses with that. I can’t start a video, but photos / half pressed focus work.
I decided to use the focus motor for zoom instead of focus since I don’t use that very often ;)
2021-1-25
Use props
fansb710c899
New
Puerto Rico

Hi I have a g7 panasonic with a Ronis SC with a rss remote cable for the Focus reel, the problem is that I can t have control focus in manual like the way the  video show me on you tube. I only have control for the Rec. Trigger but the focus Wheel still flashing in red, can anybody can help me with this error???
2022-12-5
Use props
BugEye2
New

United Kingdom

RE: Ronin SC MINI 3 Compatible with Panasonic G7 ?

Chung123 Posted at 2019-9-15 08:10
I believe  you will need the Panasonic RSS cable with USB-C on the other end. https://store.dji.com/product/ronin-sc-rss-control-cable-panasonic

Time has passed, and I am wondering if anyone has tried using the new Ronin SC MINI 3 gimbal with Panasonic G7 camera? It is not on the DJI compatibility list, but apparentlt this is simply because DJI haven't got around to testing it.
2-6 05:35
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules