Missing Photos on SD Card
1572 12 2019-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RDPhoto3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90686 ft
  • >>>

P4P started acting weird when taking photos. This is a two year old  bird and I have plenty of experience doing photography with it.

In Photo Mode and Not Video Mode - The last  two times I have had it out and tried to take a photos with It acted  like it took the photo but when I got the card out and looked their was  maybe only one or two pictures on there. Should have been a lot more.

It  makes the shutter sound. I noticed the the focus was sluggish or I had  to try twice to focus. This was outside and on a bright day.

The SD Card I am using is a Sandisk Extreme Plus 32G U3 V30 (Red/Gold) Color.  Have been using this card for over a year and never a problem
before.

2019-9-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft

Maybe the memory card has gone bad, try a different SD card.

RedHotPoker
2019-9-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day RDPhoto3. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. Have you tried using a different micro sd card or try to format the said micro sd card to see if the issue will persist? Thank you.
2019-9-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain

When was the last time you formatted the card in the aircraft?
2019-9-15
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>

Geebax Posted at 9-15 13:44
When was the last time you formatted the card in the aircraft?

That's certainly a possibility.

My associate has had his P4P for over 2 years as well.....with all the mapping, and 100s of thousands of pictures taken......he has had to replace his camera TWICE.

We did a College campus parking lot site survey on Thursday the 12th.....my bird took 3,592 images.
And thats just 1 job!
In June we did a 3d Mapping job for a rail line in San Diego.......our total picture count was 8,254 between 2 birds.
My point being,  his issues with the camera started with missing images in his maps......

Randy
2019-9-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain

rwynant V1 Posted at 9-15 17:08
That's certainly a possibility.

My associate has had his P4P for over 2 years as well.....with all the mapping, and 100s of thousands of pictures taken......he has had to replace his camera TWICE.

Yes. Most people are not aware that the aircraft automatically creates several hidden folders filled with unproductive information and also images, and because the folders are hidden, you are not aware that the card is filling up with crap. The only remedy is to format your card every now and then (I do it every 5 or so flights) and that clears all that information off the card.
2019-9-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>

Have been using this card for over a year and never a problem.
Have you checked the SD card in your computer and see how much free space is on it.
2019-9-16
Use props
RDPhoto3
lvl.4
  • >>>

Labroides Posted at 9-16 04:31
Have been using this card for over a year and never a problem.
Have you checked the SD card in your computer and see how much free space is on it.

I am not sure it was the card.  I noticed that when I pressed the shutter button on my iOS device it will not take the picture consistently.  If I hit the button on the RC it works everytime.  This is intermittent problem.  For now I have tried a different card and will continue to test to see if it is the card or something else like DJI GO4.  I am using an iPhone Xs.  
2019-10-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain

RDPhoto3 Posted at 10-13 06:10
I am not sure it was the card.  I noticed that when I pressed the shutter button on my iOS device it will not take the picture consistently.  If I hit the button on the RC it works everytime.  This is intermittent problem.  For now I have tried a different card and will continue to test to see if it is the card or something else like DJI GO4.  I am using an iPhone Xs.

First issue is the card, the  Sandisk Extreme Plus is only on the borderline of being fast enough for the job, the  Sandisk Extreme Pro is the better card. Second, as I suggested earlier, format the card in the aircraft.
2019-10-13
Use props
RDPhoto3
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 10-13 13:03
First issue is the card, the  Sandisk Extreme Plus is only on the borderline of being fast enough for the job, the  Sandisk Extreme Pro is the better card. Second, as I suggested earlier, format the card in the aircraft.

Gotcha,  I will get the Pro Card and try it.  I flew the other day and noticed the behavior was still there.
2019-10-23
Use props
RDPhoto3
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

First issue is the card, the  Sandisk Extreme Plus is only on the borderline of being fast enough for the job, the  Sandisk Extreme Pro is the better card. Second, as I suggested earlier, format the card in the aircraft.

And I format the card in the aircraft often.  I download images to computer.  Then I put it back in aircraft and next time I fly I format card first.
2019-10-23
Use props
RDPhoto3
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Which Extreme Pro card is the one I am looking for?  Seems to be a few different flavors of it when searching.
2019-10-27
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

RDPhoto3 Posted at 10-27 03:34
Which Extreme Pro card is the one I am looking for?  Seems to be a few different flavors of it when searching.

One that looks like this: https://www.amazon.com.au/SanDis ... 2207937&sr=8-15
2019-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules