Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Tilt lock function does not work
8228 15 2019-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Joe Zekas
lvl.1

It does not, as billed, lock the horizontal tilt. Will this be fixed?
2019-9-15
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>

It does here, within 45 degrees up and down.  If you go beyond those limits, moving the handle further will move the mounted phone.  Is that what you are experiencing?
2019-9-15
Use props
Joe Zekas
lvl.1

fansfe82067d Posted at 9-15 13:53
It does here, within 45 degrees up and down.  If you go beyond those limits, moving the handle further will move the mounted phone.  Is that what you are experiencing?

It's supposed to lock the horizontal, not allow it to tilt 45 degrees up and down. Lock = no tilt.
2019-9-15
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>

Now I'm not  clear whether you are talking about horizontal lock or tilt lock.  In any event, it all works.  If it doesn't work for you, maybe your phone is not balanced properly, or the gimbal needs calibration, or the link between the gimbal and the phone is not established.  When I refer to 45 degrees, I mean that you should be able to tilt the handle 45 degrees forwards or backwards and the phone should stay pointing ahead.  After that, movement of the handle will cause movement of the phone.
2019-9-15
Use props
Joe Zekas
lvl.1

fansfe82067d Posted at 9-15 15:25
Now I'm not  clear whether you are talking about horizontal lock or tilt lock.  In any event, it all works.  If it doesn't work for you, maybe your phone is not balanced properly, or the gimbal needs calibration, or the link between the gimbal and the phone is not established.  When I refer to 45 degrees, I mean that you should be able to tilt the handle 45 degrees forwards or backwards and the phone should stay pointing ahead.  After that, movement of the handle will cause movement of the phone.

It does not stay level as I tilt the gimbal. I set tilt lock; calibrated gimbal; balanced phone; established link.
2019-9-15
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>

Which phone are you using?  Can you upload a short video where you stand in front of a mirror and tilt so we can see what happens at which point?
2019-9-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we do apologize for the inconvenience. May we know what mobile device are you using? Do you use a mobile case when the phone installed to the Osmo Mobile 3? Would it be possible if you could provide us a video showing the problem for further check? The video can be uploaded using google drive or dropbox then provide the link here. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.
2019-9-18
Use props
djiuser_JBAAYKjTFcRN
New

hey,
same here... no lock. cant use my osmo like flashlight (it worked at osmo M2)
please help!
thanks
2019-9-20
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>

As noted in the manual, there is no flashlight mode, the nearest equivalent being to rotate the handle anti-clockwise 90 degrees.  Then you can record with the device held high or low and tilt will be handled by the pan motor.
2019-9-20
Use props
ShadowDragon81
lvl.1

I noticed the same issue. I'm on iPhone 7.
2019-9-22
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>

It's the way the gimbal works, not to do with a particular phone.  A design choice, not an issue.
2019-9-22
Use props
djiuser_vk9oK83GiBVy
lvl.1

fansfe82067d Posted at 9-22 22:36
It's the way the gimbal works, not to do with a particular phone.  A design choice, not an issue.

A bad design choice and a major step back.

When walking, running, skiing ect, the natural angle of your hand points the camera at the floor.

Never had this problem with the Osmo mobile 2.  
2019-9-24
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>

I think the design was changed to overcome problems with the gimbal mechanism obstructing connections to the phone, and to simplify balancing.  Overall these changes seem to have been welcomed.  

I just tried manually positioning the phone and gimbal for 'torch' mode with the gimbal switched off - an interesting exercise - it might just be possible with the existing hardware if the tilt and pan motor functions could be reveresed in that situation, but not really ideal.
2019-9-24
Use props
SpecialKHFX
New
Canada

Greetings! Need help with my osmo 3, the tilt lock function seems to be not working :-(
2020-12-31
Use props
djiuser_qps0CcMxORKu
New
Canada

Hi was this ever resolved? I have the same issue with my Osmo 5.

2022-3-6
Use props
fanscc2aa12d
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_vk9oK83GiBVy Posted at 2019-9-24 06:51
A bad design choice and a major step back.

When walking, running, skiing ect, the natural angle of your hand points the camera at the floor.

I totally agree with you. One thing I found to help with this is to manually angle the part at the end of the telescoping pole, so you introduce that natural angle there, then it helps keep the horizon locked.
2022-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules