What do you think, is DJI leaving the consumer market?
2283 17 2019-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Slick1215
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239091 ft

Single SelectVote, Total 23 people participate in voting

Voting has ended

13.04% (3)
86.96% (20)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2019-9-15
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>

Why should DJI do that?
2019-9-16
Use props
maddox
Captain

No! Consumer is their biggest market why they would leave? There even have leak shows that the Mavic Mini is on its ways waiting to be release
2019-9-16
Use props
jimm00re
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1277503 ft

I voted yes, as finding DJI accessories lately like remotes and batteries come back with “Out of Stock” or “Discontinued”.  As a consumer its sort of a bummer to not see your investment supported just a couple years into ownership. It makes me seriously reconsider future DJI purchases.   
2019-9-16
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14044577 ft
  • >>>

No to leaving but clearly yes to streamlining - big difference.
2019-9-16
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

I think they are holding off on any major releases until the respective authorities around the World publish their definitive technical requirements for drone use. As an example it has been proposed by European Air agencies that by 2022 all Drones flying in certain areas  and of a certain AUW will need to have ADS-B beacons installed, amongst other mandatory requirements. DJI, like other manufacturers, are most likely waiting to see what the final requirements are before they commit to new product lines.

Regards

Nidge.
2019-9-16
Use props
CasualDronePilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 146135 ft

Voted no. I very much doubt that they'll leave the consumer market. Too much to loose if they do I think.
2019-9-16
Use props
Slick1215
lvl.4

S-e-ven Posted at 9-16 05:32
Why should DJI do that?

signs say other wise. I was curious what others think? no new drones, government issues, land R/C was one of their new things. Also getting into the FPV market just a few reasons.
2019-9-16
Use props
Slick1215
lvl.4

maddox Posted at 9-16 06:01
No! Consumer is their biggest market why they would leave? There even have leak shows that the Mavic Mini is on its ways waiting to be release

Where are those leaks? not from DJI for sure. Speculations from those few that have a 3d printer on what it should look like? If you have a valid link let us know....
2019-9-16
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>

Slick1215 Posted at 9-16 12:07
signs say other wise. I was curious what others think? no new drones, government issues, land R/C was one of their new things. Also getting into the FPV market just a few reasons.

No new drones is simple:
All new drones need the new "hey, there is a plane somewhere in the air"-chip
How good are the old models selling, in case all the new have this new chip and you have a choice?
Just my2c
2019-9-16
Use props
H. Arif - Nobody
Second Officer
Flight distance : 430364 ft

jimm00re Posted at 9-16 09:31
I voted yes, as finding DJI accessories lately like remotes and batteries come back with “Out of Stock” or “Discontinued”.  As a consumer its sort of a bummer to not see your investment supported just a couple years into ownership. It makes me seriously reconsider future DJI purchases.

Its because there is anew product being released soon.
2019-9-16
Use props
CoollyMcAwesome
lvl.4
Flight distance : 274829 ft

It's an interesting question, I voted no. The new items are geared for a wider consumer consumption, like their action camera, that build it yourself robot. In the early day DJI was just drones. However I do see low stock or none in stores I use to see DJI items, like props, battery even drones. One is a local Best Buy, two days ago no Spark or Air props. So maybe streamlining their product and taking inventory of their stocks as stocks are profit sitting on the shelves.
2019-9-16
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft

Maybe just waiting for the regulations to settle down.
2019-9-16
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

No of course, just like what maddox said on #3
DJI is like Apple in drone market, they share more than 70% in drone market Check here for more and consumer is their biggest market
So no reason they will leave consumer market
2019-9-17
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft

I wonder why anyone would even ask such a silly thing.
2019-9-18
Use props
Slick1215
lvl.4

Tentoes Posted at 9-18 08:55
I wonder why anyone would even ask such a silly thing.

very simple, all youtube pilot channels I watch have been talking about it..... look it up
2019-9-19
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>

The idea behind your question is not silly but the way it's worded is. The consumer market for drones is massive, so there's very little chance DJI will just leave it completely, however DJI may scale back a little in the consumer area or at the very least streamline it so they don't have so many different products, at least while drone regulation changes are on-going, it's annoying for DJI to design and build a drone only to be told law now requires the drone to have a beacon. At the same time though i expect DJI to expand more heavily in their enterprise drones and B2B market space, I don't know about you but the only real competition i see for DJI in the future is Intel, who are expanding into the Business Enterprise drone market.
2019-9-20
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft

Not likely, just re-tooling.
2019-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules