I could never fly my Phantom 3...
1524 28 2019-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Renzo03
lvl.1

First of all sorry for my bad English (google translator).
Well, I have a phantom 3 standard that I bought second-hand and since I bought it I could never fly it.
I do what the internet indicates, I turn on the remote, I turn on the drone and connect the application, dji go.
After all that, the only thing I receive is yellow trace lights blinking constantly and the solid red front, cardan light flashing red. The control has a red light too. And in the application I see: Remote Controller Signal Weak, and all telemetry data N / A. The only thing that works is the real-time image that the drone sends me.Any kind of comment would help me!
I would appreciate some help, and thanks in advance!.
Screenshot_20190915-154731.png Screenshot_20190915-155023.png

2019-9-15
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft

You need to re-link the Controller to Aircraft.

Your 2.4Ghz WiFi video is linked, but your 5.8Ghz controller link is not linked.

Maybe one of these videos can help ?
2019-9-16
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft

Read the owners manual thoroughly.
2019-9-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Renzo03. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Phantom 3 Standard. Please check the firmware of the said drone if it is on it's most recent firmware ( https://www.dji.com/phantom-3-standard/info#downloads ) and please try to link the remote controller to the drone and check it you will be able to operate and fly your drone properly. Please refer to the 3rd video posted by solentlife on post #2 on how to properly link your DJI Phantom 3 Standard to the remote controller. Thank you.
2019-9-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft

Hopefully you did RTFM, several times...  ;-)

RedHotPoker
2019-9-16
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer

I have a suspicion that guy may have problem reading the manual .... his post was made using Google Translate ....

Hopefully the manual is available in his language ....
2019-9-16
Use props
Renzo03
lvl.1

solentlife Posted at 9-16 12:19
I have a suspicion that guy may have problem reading the manual .... his post was made using Google Translate ....

Hopefully the manual is available in his language ....

Hi, thank you very much for responding! Fortunately, if you can read the manual thoroughly and try to link it like the original dji video, but it didn't work ... I will try some more things and tell you!
2019-9-16
Use props
Renzo03
lvl.1

RedHotPoker Posted at 9-16 11:43
Hopefully you did RTFM, several times...  ;-)

Hello, thanks for answering! What does RTFM mean?.
2019-9-16
Use props
Renzo03
lvl.1

solentlife Posted at 9-16 00:05
You need to re-link the Controller to Aircraft.

Your 2.4Ghz WiFi video is linked, but your 5.8Ghz controller link is not linked.

I tried to link my drone in every possible way, with the application, with the remote control (S2 and the lower camera) and never connected ...
https://youtu.be/AcgHhB4BTMA
2019-9-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain

Renzo03 Posted at 9-16 17:05
Hello, thanks for answering! What does RTFM mean?.

For me  it meant politely,  Read The Flight Manual!!

For many others the Flight word is switched for a more colourful description. Hahaha

Become one with that Manual, and it will save you a heart full of ache...

RedHotPoker
2019-9-16
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer

OK ... you have the dreaded BEEP of Hell ...

Here's a possibility ...

2019-9-16
Use props
Renzo03
lvl.1

solentlife Posted at 9-16 23:00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcgHhB4BTMA&feature=youtu.be

OK ... you have the dreaded BEEP of Hell ...

Truly the sound of the beep corresponds to the remote control trying to connect to the drone. Speaking of updates, I never skip a sign to update the drone via dji go, try to update it with the latest software and an SD but after a while I failed with a continuous, terrifying beep ...
2019-9-17
Use props
Renzo03
lvl.1

RedHotPoker Posted at 9-16 22:57
For me  it meant politely,  Read The Flight Manual!!

For many others the Flight word is switched for a more colourful description. Hahaha

The manual tells me the ways to like it, I tried all of them and none achieved anything. I also managed to investigate that the lights emitted by the drone and the remote control mean that they are not connected, but what I think is very rare is that all other people not being linked continue to appear many more telemetry data, etc...
2019-9-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain

Renzo03 Posted at 9-17 05:49
The manual tells me the ways to like it, I tried all of them and none achieved anything. I also managed to investigate that the lights emitted by the drone and the remote control mean that they are not connected, but what I think is very rare is that all other people not being linked continue to appear many more telemetry data, etc...

I can’t explain your individual situation, by comparing it to anyone else’s.

Your situation seems rather unique, and so may take special care to repair.

ReLinking wasn’t the answer. I hoped rebinding them was going to fix the glitch.

RedHotPoker
2019-9-17
Use props
Renzo03
lvl.1

RedHotPoker Posted at 9-17 11:48
I can’t explain your individual situation, by comparing it to anyone else’s.

Your situation seems rather unique, and so may take special care to repair.

I had problems trying to update it with the sd, could that have an influence on what is happening to me today?
2019-9-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain

Renzo03 Posted at 9-17 12:33
I had problems trying to update it with the sd, could that have an influence on what is happening to me today?

Not unless the micro sd card was affected by some unknown fault.

You may have had a bad file someplace.

RedHotPoker
2019-9-17
Use props
Renzo03
lvl.1

RedHotPoker Posted at 9-17 14:20
Not unless the micro sd card was affected by some unknown fault.

You may have had a bad file someplace.

Download the file from the original page and try 2 sd ... Would the log files that leave me use anything?
2019-9-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain

Renzo03 Posted at 9-17 14:37
Download the file from the original page and try 2 sd ... Would the log files that leave me use anything?

I’m not sure what that means.

I don’t know if you can overwrite the current firmware, or if you would need to go back one firmware, and then update.

RedHotPoker
2019-9-17
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

You start the system with another formatted and containing the FW bin file on that in root. See what happens via Go app if the bird is connected or not.
2019-9-18
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer

Renzo03 Posted at 9-17 14:37

Just asking ...

Did you read my post #14 ?

Did you watch the video about the BEEP ?

2019-9-18
Use props
Renzo03
lvl.1

RedHotPoker Posted at 9-17 14:58
I’m not sure what that means.

I don’t know if you can overwrite the current firmware, or if you would need to go back one firmware, and then update.

I tried to install an old firmware so that in the Dji Go application I find the damn notification but an error happened before finishing ... it also happened to me when I tried to install the latest version, the only improvement I could obtain is creating a file debug, being updated for a longer time but in the same way I fail ...
2019-9-18
Use props
Renzo03
lvl.1

Peterx Posted at 9-18 02:15
You start the system with another formatted and containing the FW bin file on that in root. See what happens via Go app if the bird is connected or not.

Ok, I will try it!
2019-9-18
Use props
Renzo03
lvl.1

solentlife Posted at 9-18 04:12
Just asking ...

Did you read my post #14 ?

If I saw the video about the beep, he appears a message to update, since I have the drone I never saw that notification ...
2019-9-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain

Sorry, nothing has worked yet. There must be a different way, besides sending them in for DJI to repair, or replace with a refurbished model.

RedHotPoker
2019-9-18
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer

One of the biggest errors people make and I suspect it has happened here ....

Too many installs / then trying Debug ... etc. etc.  Basically you end up with a mess that is then 1000x more difficult to solve.

Maybe its the type of work I do for a living - that makes me put things to one side. Investigate in every avenue I can ... online etc. - even Youtube ... to try and obtain the best path forward. Only then do I pick up the item to try the 'fix' I also do it in a sequential style.

With DJI gear - we read so often of messed up gear - that eventually ends up on the DJI Service Centres bench with a larger invoice than if it had gone in at first instance.
2019-9-19
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain

I hoped a fix could have been discovered even if by accident, that something triggered it to work properly.
Unfortunately that hasn’t been the case or experience in this instance. That’s too bad, it makes me feel sad for sure.

Particularly, because I am one of the vast majority who never had even one minor problem with my Phantom 3 Pro.

I think thats why I hang around here, and try to offer my minimal amount of experience for assistance.

RedHotPoker  
2019-9-19
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer

I too hope that I can help ... but sadly too often no fix is apparent no matter who advises.

As I see it here - OP has had an update go wrong. Then trying to claw back to previous - the gear terminates that as we all know DJI has designed it to do. Using the Debug routine then tries to break that ... and I know from my own bitter experience - it blew my board and left me with a machine I could not link.
I was lucky that DJI diagnosed faulty board and I had a free repair ... but others I know who have had same happen - have had a bill of over 350 Euros to fix.
2019-9-19
Use props
Renzo03
lvl.1

solentlife Posted at 9-19 08:48
I too hope that I can help ... but sadly too often no fix is apparent no matter who advises.

As I see it here - OP has had an update go wrong. Then trying to claw back to previous - the gear terminates that as we all know DJI has designed it to do. Using the Debug routine then tries to break that ... and I know from my own bitter experience - it blew my board and left me with a machine I could not link.

I tried the debugging only once, as it didn't work, I left it there for fear that something else would happen, what seems really strange to me is that if I receive a real-time image. For this reason it seems very strange that something is burned or broken, the gimbal stabilizes and the control turns on just like the drone. I honestly do not know if I keep wasting time on this or sell it in parts, thus recovering my money, since I live in Argentina and here there are no places to repair dji ...
2019-9-19
Use props
Renzo03
lvl.1

solentlife Posted at 9-19 08:48

Is there any way to realize if something is burned? I could see that there are people who know how to read the record that leaves you when trying to update the drone with the sd, thus seeing where the problem originates...
2019-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules