Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Question:What is this weird line between light and dark?
806 10 2019-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kurakurakurarin
lvl.1

I have taken some picture with MAVIC PRO. I don't use any filter, just original.When taking pic of sunrise and sunset, my drone have weird line between light and dark.

This one.
DJI_0672_R.JPG DJI_0393 - Copy_R.JPG
Can you find it? These part is not smoothly.

In some pic, it's well done. There are not any weird line between light and dark.
DJI_0554 (2)_R.JPG DJI_0564_R.JPG
These light is smoothly. Not strange or weird.

Ì didn't change any setting. How should I do to prevent this problem?
I appreciate that your advise.

Kura
2019-9-15
Use props
Marty Markoe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>

Lens  flare.
2019-9-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Looks like lens flare to me,  if you shoot with the sun behind you I suspect you won't get it.
2019-9-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Apparently, this scenario was due to the lens flare. This shouldn't occur when shooting not towards the sun. You may use ND filter to diminish this effect. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.
2019-9-16
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>

Definitely lens flare - use a stronger ND filter or a lens flare hood to minimise it
2019-9-16
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft

Lens flare.  That said, a lens hood would do nothing for these pictures.  Why?  Because you are shooting directly into the sun.  Those photos look very nice to me, and you have to look pretty closely to find some of those lines. You'll notice that the first and second ones have symmetrical flare lines on the opposite sides of the sun's image.
2019-9-16
Use props
kurakurakurarin
lvl.1

Thank you very much everyone. All information is greatly helpful for me. Next time, I'll try it with ND filter.
2019-9-16
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>

kurakurakurarin Posted at 9-16 20:01
Thank you very much everyone. All information is greatly helpful for me. Next time, I'll try it with ND filter.

You're welcome
2019-9-17
Use props
Lamplighter55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 538596 ft

It looks like a combination of compression artefact and a slight camera internal reflection (camera side walls bouncing light back onto the lens cover glass). The jpeg compression is making it more obvious as it is averaging out those pixel values that are close in value around this area in the image. When you shoot stills make sure the 'raw' or digital negative save setting is on. This will at least let you get the most quality from these types of high contrast shots. ND filters are best for use in video footage where you have a more limited range of settings for shutter speed and ISO. For stills this is not so much a problem unless you are shooting in very bright light i.e. high summer cloudless sky or over snow covered landscapes in bright sunlight. Even with the densest ND filter (64) you can still get sampling quantisations around the sun when shooting directly at it.
2019-9-18
Use props
kurakurakurarin
lvl.1

Lamplighter55 Posted at 9-18 04:10
It looks like a combination of compression artefact and a slight camera internal reflection (camera side walls bouncing light back onto the lens cover glass). The jpeg compression is making it more obvious as it is averaging out those pixel values that are close in value around this area in the image. When you shoot stills make sure the 'raw' or digital negative save setting is on. This will at least let you get the most quality from these types of high contrast shots. ND filters are best for use in video footage where you have a more limited range of settings for shutter speed and ISO. For stills this is not so much a problem unless you are shooting in very bright light i.e. high summer cloudless sky or over snow covered landscapes in bright sunlight. Even with the densest ND filter (64) you can still get sampling quantisations around the sun when shooting directly at it.

Thank you for your great tip. Actually, I'm not familiar with RAW photo. I'll try it since this time!
2019-9-24
Use props
Lamplighter55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 538596 ft

kurakurakurarin Posted at 9-24 00:49
Thank you for your great tip. Actually, I'm not familiar with RAW photo. I'll try it since this time!

At least you will get the best quality photos you can from the camera. Be aware each photo will be approximately 25MB in size. Good luck and happy flying!
2019-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules