New Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom Firmware Released (2019.09.16)
50415 191 2019-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
R.R.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17075456 ft

Updated last night. Testing it out this morning. Having disconnects where I always fly now, never happened here or with this drone before. Did a refresh of both the AC and RC. Work for one battery then back to disconnects when I changed battery’s.  It’s like the RC shuts down (the fan inside stops blowing when this happens). When it reconnects the fan comes back on. Don’t know if it’s the update or just coincidence. I’m going to try a different spot.
2019-9-20
Use props
R.R.
Second Officer

Fly both my mavic air and spark in the same location no problems. Moved the mavic 2 to a new spot and same problem. Disconnects are inconsistent, some 1 foot away others 200 feet away. The RC shows gps mode but the app shows disconnected. I also get no response from the AC when moving the sticks when this happens. Has to be a problem with the update, never had this problem before. Going to down grade using assistant 2 for mavic and upgrade again this time using assistant 2 and try it again tomorrow.

Is anyone else have a similar issue after this update?
2019-9-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>

R.R. Posted at 9-20 09:44
Fly both my mavic air and spark in the same location no problems. Moved the mavic 2 to a new spot and same problem. Disconnects are inconsistent, some 1 foot away others 200 feet away. The RC shows gps mode but the app shows disconnected. I also get no response from the AC when moving the sticks when this happens. Has to be a problem with the update, never had this problem before. Going to down grade using assistant 2 for mavic and upgrade again this time using assistant 2 and try it again tomorrow.

Is anyone else have a similar issue after this update?

Your on a wrong thread for this, might be better posting your own thread, however what device are you using .
2019-9-20
Use props
R.R.
Second Officer

hallmark007 Posted at 9-20 13:28
Your on a wrong thread for this, might be better posting your own thread, however what device are you using .

Could be but I thought this was on the new firmware update on the Mavic 2 Zoom/Pro. I don’t use the googles if that what your referring too. My disconnects started today after the firmware update. As far as Device used iPhone X, iPad Air 10.5. Like I said never happened until after this firmware update. I’ve been flying this same park for over a year. I’m not having this issue with the other two (Mavic Air, Spark). It’s just my Mavic 2 Zoom that’s disconnecting. I’m going to try and downgrade tonight then update again it may just be a glitch when it updated and the refreshed  didn’t fix it.
2019-9-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

R.R. Posted at 9-20 15:02
Could be but I thought this was on the new firmware update on the Mavic 2 Zoom/Pro. I don’t use the googles if that what your referring too. My disconnects started today after the firmware update. As far as Device used iPhone X, iPad Air 10.5. Like I said never happened until after this firmware update. I’ve been flying this same park for over a year. I’m not having this issue with the other two (Mavic Air, Spark). It’s just my Mavic 2 Zoom that’s disconnecting. I’m going to try and downgrade tonight then update again it may just be a glitch when it updated and the refreshed  didn’t fix it.

Easiest way to find out if it was FW that caused your problem, just go back to last FW and if your problem is gone then likely FW is at fault, if your still having problems then it’s not FW, it’s just a matter of trying to find out what’s causing the issue .
2019-9-20
Use props
R.R.
Second Officer

hallmark007 Posted at 9-20 15:19
Easiest way to find out if it was FW that caused your problem, just go back to last FW and if your problem is gone then likely FW is at fault, if your still having problems then it’s not FW, it’s just a matter of trying to find out what’s causing the issue .

Thanks I’ll test it out tomorrow.
Thanks again.
2019-9-20
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for the update
2019-9-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>

Update done including 4 batteries did 2 full flights 4km + out and no issues.
2019-9-20
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>

fans8b803c8d Posted at 9-16 21:29
Can DJI please advise on this aircraft firmware update v01.00.0510 with regard to Smart Controller users? The update is available for my M2P but two of the key battery features are not available to the GO4 app ver. 4.3.16 currently installed on the Smart Controller and there is no indication of an update to ver. 4.3.24 which is required for the battery mounting safety detetection and the new discharge feature.

Is it okay to proceed and update the aircraft firmware anyway?

Out of interest can you advise what percentage you fly your batteries down to?
2019-9-20
Use props
fans8b803c8d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 55305 ft
  • >>>

bjr981s Posted at 9-20 20:04
Out of interest can you advise what percentage you fly your batteries down to?

I have the first alert set to 20% and generally bring it home before it reaches the marker. I never fully discharge the batteries or allow the M2P to RTH due to low power.

The two swollen batteries concerned were manufactured in Jul 2018 (I purchased the M2P at launch) and this seems to be common among many swollen battery instances. There are threads over on MavicPilots with many similar reports.

I haven't had a problem yet with newer batteries.
2019-9-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

If you are truly dji support, can you tell owners of SC , when they will receive the necessary software to be able to work with this new FW. If you’re not then I don’t expect I will get a response.
2019-9-21
Use props
fans6765b5ea
lvl.2
Flight distance : 805751 ft

Yes please - DJI, where are you? Another SC user here left waiting to use the new version. After paying a premium for this part of kit, it seems we should be included on the cusp of the release.

Please respond...

2019-9-21
Use props
Thomas
lvl.1

I created a ticket and asked when SC owners should expect the GO app update.

I received this reply from someone named Apple  ;) ....
Dear Thomas,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.
We are sorry if you are unable to have the updated version of the DJI Go 4 App on the Smart controller yet. It is not what we intended to happen. Please allow me to assist you.
Regarding your concern, as we can see of the information of the DJI Smart Controller, the latest version is currently not available. Kindly wait and check our website for the further announcement of the latest version of the Smart Controller.
We humbly ask for your patience and understanding.
Should you have any questions or other concerns, please feel free to contact us.
Thank you for choosing DJI! Our goal is to provide you the best customer service you only deserve.

Best regards,
Apple

2019-9-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

Thomas Posted at 9-21 11:42
I created a ticket and asked when SC owners should expect the GO app update.

I received this reply from someone named Apple  ;) ....

Dear Thomas I can’t see anymore have you redacted it lol
2019-9-21
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>

hallmark007 Posted at 9-21 11:52
Dear Thomas I can’t see anymore have you redacted it lol

Here is the copy/paste magic that was hidden:

"Dear Thomas,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.
We are sorry if you are unable to have the updated version of the DJI Go 4 App on the Smart controller yet. It is not what we intended to happen. Please allow me to assist you.
Regarding your concern, as we can see of the information of the DJI Smart Controller, the latest version is currently not available. Kindly wait and check our website for the further announcement of the latest version of the Smart Controller.
We humbly ask for your patience and understanding.
Should you have any questions or other concerns, please feel free to contact us.
Thank you for choosing DJI! Our goal is to provide you the best customer service you only deserve.

Best regards,
Apple"

2019-9-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

KlooGee Posted at 9-21 12:14

"Dear Thomas,

New bots called Apple I love it , lol ...
2019-9-21
Use props
Toedles
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7676339 ft
  • >>>

So while everyone is going on about their updates, batteries, etc.....can someone tell me where ‘sport’ and ‘tripod’ mode have gone to? It cannot be chosen on my rc anymore and tells me to turn it on on the controller, which of course doesn’t work. WTF man, getting tired of this company!!!!
2019-9-21
Use props
Thomas
lvl.1

KlooGee Posted at 9-21 12:14

"Dear Thomas,

Thanks for posting it.  Not sure how it got redacted.  I had it wrapped in quote tags.

2019-9-21
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>

Toedles Posted at 9-21 16:16
So while everyone is going on about their updates, batteries, etc.....can someone tell me where ‘sport’ and ‘tripod’ mode have gone to? It cannot be chosen on my rc anymore and tells me to turn it on on the controller, which of course doesn’t work. WTF man, getting tired of this company!!!!

You would need to enable multiple flight mode in the app, mine got disabled after the update
2019-9-21
Use props
Scangsx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1930095 ft

Hello, Since I put this firmware on my Mavic Pro 2, the C1 and C2 button doesent respond anymore, I've try to change the shortcuts but still not working.
2019-9-21
Use props
Toedles
Second Officer
  • >>>

Suren Posted at 9-21 20:30
You would need to enable multiple flight mode in the app, mine got disabled after the update

Thanks for the help...
2019-9-21
Use props
RetroPixer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 240194 ft

Controller no longer shows up in the DJI Assistant 2 v2.0.8. Anyone can confirm theirs work fine? Thanks in advance.
Update:

I fixed it. I think.

I noticed the pnputil command parameters in the batch file that runs after DJI Assist 2 v2.0.8 installation, which install drivers, were failing. My attempts to install the INF file manually (via Windows Explorer, right-click, "install") were failing too.. So, I opened a CMD window with Admin priviledge, went to C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic\Drivers\VCOM and issued the command line "pnputil /add-driver dji_vcom_driver11.inf". After that, I was able to install the INF file via the right-click on Winows Explorer successfully, and after reboot, the controller showed up in the DJI Assistant 2.

2019-9-22
Use props
Nicoricosancho
First Officer
Flight distance : 13196 ft

IkarusTheGreat Posted at 9-17 11:22
Hello all, this is my first message on this forum.
Like first, I want to say that I am delighted with my Mavic 2 Zoom. Easy to control, with fantastic active tracking and other intelligent flight options.

send it to DJI open a service ticket
2019-9-22
Use props
Signo11
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38104 ft

Can you explain to me why hyperlapse never comes out well? The video always goes up and down even in the absence of wind..
2019-9-23
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft

Signo11 Posted at 9-23 03:26
Can you explain to me why hyperlapse never comes out well? The video always goes up and down even in the absence of wind..

I have made some Hyperlapses that came out really good as you can see in the video bellow. I gues it is something you have to try by chance. Some others I tried were really unusable. Anyway, it is not a problem with this new firmware...
2019-9-23
Use props
Comitatus
lvl.1

Good Luck Guys for the new update.
2019-9-23
Use props
jpap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1780679 ft

Tried the new update. Everything went smooth using DJI Assistant on a Mac.
Tried the optimized WP 2.0 and so far I'm happy with the optimization DJI have done.

I definitely need more time testing the new features. Someone mentioned before something about wrong centering of POIs during WP missions and I might have noticed that too.

Offline creation of WP would be also a killer feature let's hope DJI listens.  
2019-9-24
Use props
DrohneSG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1001906 ft

jpap Posted at 9-24 05:45
Tried the new update. Everything went smooth using DJI Assistant on a Mac.
Tried the optimized WP 2.0 and so far I'm happy with the optimization DJI have done.

I did show in detail here (look second vid at the end of the thread):

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=198410

and the trouble is not  the mavic but the GO 4 app. Other apps do much better.

I am sure dji is always listening and knows everything.  What they do or not and why - we can only guess.
2019-9-24
Use props
Billboyheritagesurvey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232306 ft

Toedles Posted at 9-21 16:16
So while everyone is going on about their updates, batteries, etc.....can someone tell me where ‘sport’ and ‘tripod’ mode have gone to? It cannot be chosen on my rc anymore and tells me to turn it on on the controller, which of course doesn’t work. WTF man, getting tired of this company!!!!

The update has turned off 'intelligent flight modes'. It's in the settings in DJIGo4 and you can turn it back on.Had me fooled for a while too!
2019-9-24
Use props
Toedles
Second Officer
  • >>>

Billboyheritagesurvey Posted at 9-24 07:03
The update has turned off 'intelligent flight modes'. It's in the settings in DJIGo4 and you can turn it back on.Had me fooled for a while too!

Thanks for the help.....
2019-9-24
Use props
ctaranto
lvl.2

DrohneSG Posted at 9-24 06:13
I did show in detail here (look second vid at the end of the thread):

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=198410

Having a bug in the GO 4 app is better than a firmware issue.  DJI can issue an update to the GO 4 app to fix the issue, or we can choose to use Litchi (or other apps) that perform better at GPS tracking.

I purchased Litchi this afternoon and looking forward to trying it out this weekend.

My test of GO 4 with the updated firmware were roughly the same as yours.  Much smoother video, but POI drifted a lot.  Hoping Litchi performs better.

2019-9-24
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>

i just discovered an issue on .510 on mavic 2 pro!    i'm not sure how long this may have existed i imagine must be new or would been called out sooner.   today i was shooting 1080P 60fps H.265 video and the resulting video hiccups a lot which seems wrong!  checked the details of the videos they say 60fps in attributes but they stutter a lot and feels like hiccuping on duplicated frames.   so i started playing around and discovered a lot of duplicated frames in premier and in VLC even reporting 41-42ms per unique frame which = approx 24fps.

i then pulled a video i did right after in 4K FOV 30 fps H.265 "normal" mode and its silky smooth.. like perfectly encoded not even 1 frame dropped.  same with using HLG or Mlog and other 4K HQ mode..etc etc seems perfect in 4K.    i taken a few short 1080P videos in same settings since arriving home and noticed in live view, cache and final video file still that hiccuping..

as additional notes:

haven't tested any other resolutions of fps only 4K modes in 30fps and 1080P in 60fps

i do not believe it is my card but: card i am using is a Samsung EVO 128GB U3 card and has avg write and read speed of 70-80mb/sec sequentially and can sustain that in my external reader/writer.

both modes where done in H.265 not in H.264, i discovered this issue latter.  

yes the hiccuping is also present in the cache as well (which since cleared), during the flight it appear hiccuping too but i put that down to interference and being 2 feet from the edge of a road where trucks blast by at 60mph (ye was difficult because of this as well so i wasn't focused on the hiccuping too much)

does not appear to be an issue with thermals or anything like that, it appears to be a broken bit of software on the encoder impropriety encoding the files on the mavic 2 pro.

automated 1080P files like hyperlapse do not seem to result in this issue..  

and yes this was directly from the card into my computer, the actual files not from my iPhone/iPad.

2019-9-24
Use props
djiuser_USiEBw9YyxXG
New

Hi, is updating by " the app"  or by the " DJI assistant 2  "  a choice or do I have to use them both
2019-9-25
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>

djiuser_USiEBw9YyxXG Posted at 9-25 04:31
Hi, is updating by " the app"  or by the " DJI assistant 2  "  a choice or do I have to use them both

Your choice
2019-9-25
Use props
Labros Nicolaras
lvl.4
Flight distance : 486053 ft

hi!!! i have updated yesterday successfully through my DJI SMART CONTROLLER.

But later as i have checked I can not trace the following:

Added battery mounting detection. Aircraft is unable to take off if the Intelligent Flight Battery is not mounted correctly. Note that DJI GO 4 v4.3.24 or later is required.
Added altitude display to video captions.
Optimized auto discharging function for the Intelligent Flight Battery. Added ability to set when auto discharge will begin. The default setting is five days. Note that DJI GO 4 v4.3.24 or later is required.

do i do something wrong?
2019-9-26
Use props
CLMav
Second Officer
Flight distance : 461289 ft
  • >>>

Labros Nicolaras Posted at 9-26 01:29
hi!!! i have updated yesterday successfully through my DJI SMART CONTROLLER.

But later as i have checked I can not trace the following:

You can download the DJI Go 4 v4.3.23 APK from https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads. Then install on your Smart Controller.  
2019-9-26
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>

CLMav Posted at 9-26 04:36
You can download the DJI Go 4 v4.3.23 APK from https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads. Then install on your Smart Controller.

Unfortunately, if you are in the US (and maybe other regions) that link downloads the .14 version instead of the .24 version.  You have to use a VPN to connect in a different region for it to download the correct version.
2019-9-26
Use props
raven swe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 517936 ft

Or get it here, which is what I did

https://www.dropbox.com/s/px4fid ... c71a9613e8.apk?dl=0
2019-9-26
Use props
CLMav
Second Officer
Flight distance : 461289 ft
  • >>>

KlooGee Posted at 9-26 05:55
Unfortunately, if you are in the US (and maybe other regions) that link downloads the .14 version instead of the .24 version.  You have to use a VPN to connect in a different region for it to download the correct version.

Another source would be APKmirror. The .24 version can be found here : https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... o-4-4-3-24-release/
2019-9-26
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>

CLMav Posted at 9-26 17:48
Another source would be APKmirror. The .24 version can be found here : https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-go-4/dji-go-4-4-3-24-release/

I know that is certainly an option, I'm just always skittish of getting apps from 3rd party sources.  I'm sure its fine, but prefer to go direct from the source if at all possible.  
2019-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules