New Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom Firmware Released (2019.09.16)
50000 191 2019-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans16d8fc17
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2570994 ft

New firmware to unable people to fly with the battery mods..
2019-9-17
Use props
DanielVieira
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4633533 ft
  • >>>

fans16d8fc17 Posted at 9-17 02:07
New firmware to unable people to fly with the battery mods..

you know that update is not mandatory, right?
2019-9-17
Use props
djiuser_2dANP0f8EHbG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 521417 ft

Still no terrain follow that the old Mavic Pro had? Still no fix for The Mavic 2 Series auto landing over WATER? Are you listening DJI?
2019-9-17
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>

Updated last night, via iPhone (XS Max) and DJI GO. It took a while for the download to go from 0% to 1%, and even after it seemed to bit a bit slow, despite the fact I'm having a fast internet connection.
However, once download part was complete the rest went smoothly.
Had to update all the batteries as well (I have 3 total).
Haven't flown after the update yet, so can't report on the new WP behavior.
2019-9-17
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>

ok...sooo if you update but have a SC do you get a mismatch warning? Or can you upgrade the batteries and not the SC since theres no update for it...??
2019-9-17
Use props
fans48f0c1a5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2278898 ft

09/2019 Update All fine so far on m2p 2019 and Samsung galaxy s5 android 9,  hovering stability seems improved but it wasn't that bad before. I can not say if its better or worse. Batteries are updated as well and it still flies.
2019-9-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Mines stuck at 99% complete for 20 or more minutes. Is that normal for this update?
2019-9-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

DAFlys Posted at 9-17 08:10
Mines stuck at 99% complete for 20 or more minutes. Is that normal for this update?

Turns out the app had hung at 99%. Force quit the app and restarted and found the update was complete and I could move onto the remote and all the batteries.

On first flight it seems obstacle avoidance distance has increased a couple of feet.

Hovering didn’t seem very stable but time will tell.
2019-9-17
Use props
ff22
lvl.4

I've read on another forum where folks were asked to enter a Chinese phone number and could not get past that prompt.

Anyone here?

Can this be updated using the Smart Controller or do we have to use the Assistant/Computer method?
2019-9-17
Use props
akozc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2019951 ft

djiuser_Fup3D6vIBRZm Posted at 9-16 07:08
Battery fix? What do you mean by that?

it means if the battery not sit well in the slot ( clips not fully or partially locked)  then apps  will give warning message and refuse to take off I guess  and another new one , after 5 days battery will start to auto discharge which was 10 days earlier version.
2019-9-17
Use props
akozc
lvl.4

Northwood Posted at 9-16 08:39
More details about the battery improvements(?) please.  Does this address the root cause of swelling batteries?

if the batteries are not used , after 5 days or earlier ( custom set) autodischarge will start which is one of the protection measure to eliminate swelling of the batteries that are kept long period fully charged.
2019-9-17
Use props
akozc
lvl.4

AntDX316 Posted at 9-16 23:04
Do you have to recalibrate the IMU after an update?  Also, was there a "battery" update?

Is there also a standard controller update?

yes all the batteries need to be updated ,
IMU= did not pop up any message but no harm to recalib
2019-9-17
Use props
akozc
lvl.4

ff22 Posted at 9-17 09:15
I've read on another forum where folks were asked to enter a Chinese phone number and could not get past that prompt.

Anyone here?

i updated directly  using SC which was wirelessly connected to home Wi-Fi
2019-9-17
Use props
ff22
lvl.4

akozc Posted at 9-17 09:43
i updated directly  using SC which was wirelessly connected to home Wi-Fi

Thanks for the reply.  Mine is showing no firmware updates or that I have the current version which shows as xxxx.400 (which is not this new one) while using the SC.  Since I was able to just download maps as a wifi test, I have to presume that I do have wifi.

Maybe they are rolling it in different areas at a time.

Failed a few more times on Win10 computer Num 1.  Never started downloading.  Win10 Computer Num 2 was even worse.  It could not even find the firmware list of existing or new.  But it was able to download logs so I know it was connected.

Back upstairs to Comp 1.  Downloaded almost instantly and installed fine.  Upgraded two additional batteries.  Computers sometimes do what they want when they want.

2019-9-17
Use props
IkarusTheGreat
New

Hello all, this is my first message on this forum.
Like first, I want to say that I am delighted with my Mavic 2 Zoom. Easy to control, with fantastic active tracking and other intelligent flight options.

But, as nothing is perfect, this Mavic Zoom isn't too. While most other users are complaining about disabled side sensors, my problem is quite the opposite - they work too much! More precisely: while clockwise POI works just fine, counter clock POI is stopped after a few seconds "because of an obstacle" although there are absolutely no obstacles at all.  

As I have this drone only for about a month, I can't say that I am sure it's because of last firmware update but as one of the new things is "Improved obstacle detection accuracy" I think it could be that. Any help, advice??
2019-9-17
Use props
djiuser_h2Zza2ZV6iMr
lvl.1

DanielVieira Posted at 9-16 07:04
No love for SC users....

For whatever reason my Mavic2 shows that it received the 01.00.0510 update on August 29, 2019. I checked that using the DJI Assistant application. I have a Smart Controller to fly my Mavic2. Yesterday I received a notice that a new fw version was ready to download but it was 01.00.0530 so I'm not sure what is going on with their updates. Has anyone else experienced this?
2019-9-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>

IkarusTheGreat Posted at 9-17 11:22
Hello all, this is my first message on this forum.
Like first, I want to say that I am delighted with my Mavic 2 Zoom. Easy to control, with fantastic active tracking and other intelligent flight options.

It’s a bug I have same problem, if you really need to use in AC then turn off OA until sorted .
Incidentally this does not happen with my M2P .
2019-9-17
Use props
TrippleDelta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2228182 ft

DAFlys Posted at 9-17 08:55
Turns out the app had hung at 99%. Force quit the app and restarted and found the update was complete and I could move onto the remote and all the batteries.

On first flight it seems obstacle avoidance distance has increased a couple of feet.

Same here. After landing pretty hard on my first flight I had to do an IMU calibration. Second flight went smooth.
2019-9-17
Use props
IkarusTheGreat
New

hallmark007 Posted at 9-17 12:28
It’s a bug I have same problem, if you really need to use in AC then turn off OA until sorted .
Incidentally this does not happen with my M2P .

OK, thanks a lot for info !
2019-9-17
Use props
Tollytastic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 30932 ft

Just updated Mavic2 Pro, standard controller and three batteries to 510 using an IPad Air and completed without problem. During the update it did seem to hang a couple of times especially between 0 and 1 % as others have said and required me to start the update 4 times but once it started it completed without a hitch.

The update took me about 50 minutes for the AC, controller and the three batteries and that was without any problems so make sure that your batteries are fully charged!

This seems to be a full update and so you will need to check all of your settings in case anything has changed, many of mine including Max height and RTH height all went back to default settings so make sure you check.
I have not flown yet but the app is not telling me to calibrate IMU or compass, however for some reason on the last update I lost remote identification but this is now back with my 510 update.

Cheers

Tolly
2019-9-17
Use props
djiuser_yWEaaGo58f51
lvl.1

Am I the only one unable to do the firmware update on my M2ED and the Pilot app on the Crystalsky?

It starts the download, gets to 40% download, then tells me the network is disconnected (it's not, network is fine, even tried different wifi network and get same results).

Just tells me to restart the equipment, reconnect and try again.

After 40+ attempts I've come to the conclusion that its not going to happen, or it cant be done with this app or crystalsky...
2019-9-17
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_yWEaaGo58f51 Posted at 9-17 12:55
Am I the only one unable to do the firmware update on my M2ED and the Pilot app on the Crystalsky?

It starts the download, gets to 40% download, then tells me the network is disconnected (it's not, network is fine, even tried different wifi network and get same results).

may have update each separately?   not sure but that would be my guess until dji has rolled out all updates to all aircraft in all regions
2019-9-17
Use props
akozc
lvl.4

ff22 Posted at 9-17 09:55
Thanks for the reply.  Mine is showing no firmware updates or that I have the current version which shows as xxxx.400 (which is not this new one) while using the SC.  Since I was able to just download maps as a wifi test, I have to presume that I do have wifi.

Maybe they are rolling it in different areas at a time.

Great all resolve
2019-9-17
Use props
akozc
lvl.4

Our wish from DJI is to give us  the .24 update to SC which is currently running on .21
2019-9-17
Use props
fans8b803c8d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 55305 ft
  • >>>

akozc Posted at 9-17 18:12
Our wish from DJI is to give us  the .24 update to SC which is currently running on .21

How did you manage to install the GO4 app v4.3.21 on the SC?
My SC shows v4.3.16 installed with no update available.

Was it already installed upon purchase or are you on the Smart Controller Beta test program?

Yes, DJI, when will Smart Controller users expect to see the GO4 v4.3.24 update so we can take advantage of the new battery installation and discharge features? (I had to replace 2 swollen batteries recently, manufactured in Jun 2018, and looks like a 3rd is developing similar symptoms.)
2019-9-17
Use props
djiuser_Fup3D6vIBRZm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17110 ft

I am also on . 21 on the smart controller. Bought it in July, can't remember if there was an update or preinstalled.

2019-9-17
Use props
fans8b803c8d
lvl.4
  • >>>

Yes, I've come across other cases of GO4 v4.3.21 installed on the SC but many are still on 4.3.16 with no update available either via wi-fi on the SC or the DJI Mavic Assistant.

Weird. Any explanation DJI...?

Also this, from the DJI FAQ on the SC:

11. What is the difference between the DJI Smart Controller's built-in DJI GO 4 app and the normal DJI GO 4 app?
The built-in DJI GO 4 app has been optimized for use with the DJI Smart Controller. Both the built-in DJI GO 4 app and the standard DJI GO 4 app will be simultaneously updated.
2019-9-18
Use props
DanielVieira
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4633533 ft
  • >>>

fans8b803c8d Posted at 9-17 22:41

Beta SC FW has this version....
Date:        2019.06.25
Smart Controller Firmware:        v01.00.0565
DJI GO 4 App:        v4.3.21
DJI Pilot App:         v1.4.0
DJI Assistant 2:         DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic v2.0.8
2019-9-18
Use props
fans8b803c8d
lvl.4
  • >>>

Thanks, maybe that explains why some SC users are reporting they have GO4 v4.3.21 installed.

The question for DJI remains though, when can SC owners expect to benefit from the new battery features in the M2 Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0510?
2019-9-18
Use props
akozc
lvl.4

fans8b803c8d Posted at 9-17 22:41

I purchased the SC in late Aug and don't really remember was the DJI Go 4 v.021 already on board of the SC or not but during the set up ( i.e. Activation ) I remember DJI Go 4 was updating itself (i.e. typical animated zip folder extracting the program which we normally see on the start up screen during the update process)
Nevertheless, hoping our SC could taste the juice of the most recent version soon    
2019-9-18
Use props
Checki
lvl.2

So i have a BETA installed? How did this happen? How do you normally install the Beta version? I dont want a probably buggy version installed on my device! I have the .21 on my SC controller, but never did anything regarding updates, just when it automatically asked me, i said "yes update".

They cant just install a Beta on my device without letting me know!!!
2019-9-18
Use props
fans8b803c8d
lvl.4
  • >>>

GO4 v4.3.21 was either pre-installed on purchase, if you didn't enrol into the SC Beta programme, or somehow you were able to update to 4.3.21 from a previous version. This is what I'm trying to figure out, why some SC users have the ability to update from 4.3.16 to 4.3.21. However it seems that GO4  v4.3.24 is still unavailable to all SC users.
2019-9-18
Use props
Checki
lvl.2

Can i find out somehow, if i am in a Beta program? Dont know how Beta work with DJI. I dont want betas anywhere! Im chatting with DJI in this moment regarding all this questions, but they are stupid, like every company you talk to.
2019-9-18
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft

DAFlys Posted at 9-17 08:55
Turns out the app had hung at 99%. Force quit the app and restarted and found the update was complete and I could move onto the remote and all the batteries.

How do you upgrade the batteries ?  !!
2019-9-18
Use props
raven swe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517936 ft

If the battery firmware needs to be updated, that will only update the firmware on the battery that's currently installed in the Mavic. For additional batteries, you'll need to update them from DJI GO when you see the "Inconsistent Firmware Found" prompt
2019-9-18
Use props
DrohneSG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001906 ft

raven swe Posted at 9-18 06:20
If the battery firmware needs to be updated, that will only update the firmware on the battery that's currently installed in the Mavic. For additional batteries, you'll need to update them from DJI GO when you see the "Inconsistent Firmware Found" prompt

You can update all batteries one by one when the drone is connect to Cpomputer/DJI/Assistant. Shutdown drone, change battery, restart drone. You can do ist by dji go anyway.
2019-9-18
Use props
DrohneSG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001906 ft

IMHO there is good news but either bad news.

The good: dowloaded update with dji asssitant (ok, failed one time at 99% - sounds familiar?) and then updated drone an 4 batteries without problems. Update remote - worked well, too.
Made some test flights, and drone still can fly without falling from the sky. End of good news.

The bad news: there are little changes with waypoints (i will address this in more detail with an update to my old waypoints 2.0 thread soon). Poi's for waypopints is worse than before. Just made two test and then stopped wasting time.
2019-9-18
Use props
Billboyheritagesurvey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232306 ft

DanielVieira Posted at 9-16 07:04
No love for SC users....

SC version is 4.3.16 which is reported as 'latest' version. I ran the update as requested from DJIGo4 and had to update the batteries one at a time too. But now I read v 4.3.24 is required for the new battery functionality.  So I'm guessing I'll have to go over the whole rigmarole in a few weeks time...perhaps at a flight critical juncture....when 4.3.24 is ready for the SC.

My question is: why on earth do SC users (and presumably Crystal Sky users too) who have paid a premium to use DJI hardware, have to update twice?  
2019-9-18
Use props
raven swe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517936 ft

And why do we have to wait
2019-9-18
Use props
Happy entertainment
lvl.2
Flight distance : 113963 ft

What does it mean that altitude will be in video anyone know?
2019-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules