New Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom Firmware Released (2019.09.16)
50414 191 2019-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Signo11
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38104 ft

ro_flyer Posted at 9-23 21:47
I have made some Hyperlapses that came out really good as you can see in the video bellow. I gues it is something you have to try by chance. Some others I tried were really unusable. Anyway, it is not a problem with this new firmware...
https://youtu.be/4dbvr99BTmM

I have all the hyperlapse that I did the drone moves up and down, I thought that with this firmware they would fix..
2019-9-27
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>

KlooGee Posted at 9-26 05:55
Unfortunately, if you are in the US (and maybe other regions) that link downloads the .14 version instead of the .24 version.  You have to use a VPN to connect in a different region for it to download the correct version.

Same in AU
2019-9-27
Use props
terrence9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 156293 ft

So now we can discharge our Mavic 2 Zoom batteries?
2019-9-27
Use props
Crash&Burn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116043 ft
  • >>>

Indio Posted at 9-16 06:44
no DJI GO 4 Appv4.3.24 for SC?

Normally, the more you pay for your display device, the longer DJI makes you wait for updates. CS users will now wait maybe 6 months or more, for the SC who knows, but they will not be in a hurry.
2019-9-27
Use props
TVOD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1680082 ft

Hi I updated my drone to the new firmware and still used my SC everything seems ok up to now with the Drone and the batteries self discharge after 5 days, which i expected. i have seen other SC users on another post updating their SC by downloading the Android update and installing through their SD card, and they say it works, so i'm guessing that the delay with the SC firmware update is a Android issue. I am really disappointed with DJI. i am sure my SC did not have a time issue when i first bought it, nor did the screen black out randomly which mine does from time to time.I am Going back to my old controller until they sort the SC.
2019-9-28
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft

Signo11 Posted at 9-27 08:53
I have all the hyperlapse that I did the drone moves up and down, I thought that with this firmware they would fix..

Try to use a software stabilization in post
2019-9-28
Use props
Fre Mo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 803868 ft

terrence9 Posted at 9-27 13:27
So now we can discharge our Mavic 2 Zoom batteries?

Yes, you can choose the duration before battery discharge 5, 10 days...
2019-9-28
Use props
Sascha.ES
lvl.4

Fre Mo Posted at 9-28 06:22
Yes, you can choose the duration before battery discharge 5, 10 days...

It's not really a novelty now. You couldn't change the time yourself before. So nothing new.As always, DJI only changed a little bit of the software, which should have been there long ago.
2019-9-29
Use props
Coojeebear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 572484 ft

My M2P updated yesterday via the Smart Controller. Since that update, I have unstable performance while using Active Track spotlight mode.  The mode refuses to start, freezes out camera control, difficult to start or stop camera recording. All the time I was able to control the drone manually, but it was unstable.

Is there a way to revert/downgrade?
2019-9-30
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft

Coojeebear Posted at 9-30 23:23
My M2P updated yesterday via the Smart Controller. Since that update, I have unstable performance while using Active Track spotlight mode.  The mode refuses to start, freezes out camera control, difficult to start or stop camera recording. All the time I was able to control the drone manually, but it was unstable.

try using the DJI Assitent 2 software. Attach your drone with a usb cable to your pc.
Normally spoken, you can downgrade 1 or 2 versions.
2019-10-1
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>

Signo11 Posted at 9-27 08:53

You can just waypoint at the slowest speed then speed it up in post.
2019-10-1
Use props
Coojeebear
lvl.4

JohnDG Posted at 10-1 10:14
try using the DJI Assitent 2 software. Attach your drone with a usb cable to your pc.
Normally spoken, you can downgrade 1 or 2 versions.

Thanks, I did that, but the next time I connected, the Smart Controller updated the M2P again.
2019-10-1
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer

Coojeebear Posted at 10-1 23:13
Thanks, I did that, but the next time I connected, the Smart Controller updated the M2P again.

The SC has to get the update somewhere. Normally the SC has no internet connection, unless you're at home and have your SC connected to your router. Check that the WiFi is deconnected before you activate your drone.
2019-10-2
Use props
Coojeebear
lvl.4

My controller needs internet connection so that I can upload my flights to the DJI cloud. This is then synchronised by my Drone Logbook software which maintains my flight records. The flight records, battery logs etc are a requirement in my operations manual.
2019-10-2
Use props
izotop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388763 ft

Coojeebear Posted at 9-30 23:23

hmm, this not sounds nice, must check mine..
2019-10-4
Use props
AbuYahya
New

Aftet updating my mavic 2 pro, the RTH accuracy become very bad.
Almost 3 to 5 m far from the exact home point.
Did any one face same problem? Is their any way to fix it? Thanks
2019-10-4
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>

I have a few possible issues may or may not be related to latest firmware.

1. Controller stick drift.  I calibrate and recalibrate and only temp clears it out. It eventually forget my calibration and drifts by 10-14% again after a few reboots. It appears to be an issue with it keeping calibration in software. I have tighten loosened the stick itself (torx screw in center) and nope.

2. Increase in random non sense compass calibration prompts.  Used to never ask me or care.  Now it demands calibration of compass seemingly no reason, there is no bias on graph.  Rebooting it clears it as does just ignoring it and flying with it saying to calibrate the compass. It doesn’t seem to get confused which direction it is facing either tells me the issue is software not hardware.

3. Slower to capture satellite lock and far more picky about how many links it has to have to trust it. Not sure if that is good or bad but I lost GPS a few times flying under trees where wasn’t an issue before.
2019-10-4
Use props
Coojeebear
lvl.4

HereForTheBeer Posted at 10-4 18:15
I have a few possible issues may or may not be related to latest firmware.

1. Controller stick drift.  I calibrate and recalibrate and only temp clears it out. It eventually forget my calibration and drifts by 10-14% again after a few reboots. It appears to be an issue with it keeping calibration in software. I have tighten loosened the stick itself (torx screw in center) and nope.

I am also getting stick drift.

I only use RTH in an emergency, but I will test it.
2019-10-4
Use props
dalethrip
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3155161 ft
  • >>>

Just tested the Mavic 2 Pro at the latest firmware with the Smart Controller...Go4 app is at the .24 version.  Did Hyperlapse, most of the smart functions dronie, POI, Active Track, etc. and everything worked flawlessly.  I updated the Mavic 2 firmware thru the SC after updating Go4 to.24 version.
2019-10-5
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>

Coojeebear Posted at 10-4 23:59
I am also getting stick drift.

I only use RTH in an emergency, but I will test it.

new since latest firmware or an issue existed and increased with new firmware?    for me, prior to latest firmware the stick drift was very minor 1-2% and i calibrated out completely never gave me much grief.   since latest update its been pretty bad.  like it forgets i calibrated the drift out of the sticks after a period of time. and its much larger then its been before.. like i said 10-14% vs just a couple % before at most.

another issue i have had on a few occasions was i boot controller up to it beeping constantly with error on screen of the controller saying "re-center sticks"  then "check app"  but in the app on iOS no errors or anything indicating the controller is in trouble... rebooting controller seems to clear the beeping and error on controller display.. same with or without my iPhone connected.  

2019-10-5
Use props
Coojeebear
lvl.4

Mine's not like that, maybe more a GPS drift? I never fly lower than 14 locked sats.

Since the update, whereas before, the drone would be solid in the air if I an hovering. However since the update, the drone can sink & also drift. It can sink about 2 feet, it can also drift about 3 feet or so.
2019-10-5
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer

Upgraded the Go 4 app on the SC from the location indicated by DanielVieira to v4.3.24, copied on a sd card. Then upgraded the drone with the DJI assistent 2. My SC was connected to my WiFi and gave me an firmware inconsistancy when I powered up the drone. Update ? Yes !  To be sure I upgraded the SC with the DJI assistent 2 once more. Yes, once you installed it on the drone and the SC, it seems also available on the DJI assistent 2.
Had a test flight and hovering in my garden. Seems to be ok.
2019-10-5
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>

Coojeebear Posted at 10-5 07:35
Mine's not like that, maybe more a GPS drift? I never fly lower than 14 locked sats.

Since the update, whereas before, the drone would be solid in the air if I an hovering. However since the update, the drone can sink & also drift. It can sink about 2 feet, it can also drift about 3 feet or so.

ya yours sounds like maybe something else..  mine i can replay the log and see 10-14% drift  on my right stick and it can vary left or right.   

mine sometimes sinks and then climbs a bit not dramatically and baro/vps control compensation for altitude not GPS so i dont think you have GPS drift issues, without custom modified formware, DJI's consumer/prosumer drones do not use 3D GPS/GNSS, depth is instead measured with baro sensor and Vision positioning.   but i also noticed my VPS distance from ground reading is off pretty bad at times so maybe related to that
2019-10-5
Use props
Coojeebear
lvl.4

HereForTheBeer Posted at 10-5 11:30
ya yours sounds like maybe something else..  mine i can replay the log and see 10-14% drift  on my right stick and it can vary left or right.   

mine sometimes sinks and then climbs a bit not dramatically and baro/vps control compensation for altitude not GPS so i dont think you have GPS drift issues, without custom modified formware, DJI's consumer/prosumer drones do not use 3D GPS/GNSS, depth is instead measured with baro sensor and Vision positioning.   but i also noticed my VPS distance from ground reading is off pretty bad at times so maybe related to that

I also noticed the VPS can be off sometimes.
2019-10-6
Use props
Coojeebear
lvl.4

I have now done further testing. Since the latest update, it appears that Active track Spotlight is unreliable to the point of unusable on anything smaller than a house. Tracking gets easily lost & if it does manage to retain track, the camera is very jumpy & it momentarily looses & then locks again on the subject.
2019-10-10
Use props
Solo1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 383238 ft

AIRQUAD Posted at 9-16 23:16
No i didn't need to do any calibrations and there were no battery updates, just Mavic and remote

Weird I had to update my batteries.
2019-10-12
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>

If you downgrade back to .400, the batteries still do the 4-day discharge timer on their own?
2019-10-13
Use props
xxjaroslav
lvl.1

Hello, after this update I have issues with TRH. When the drone reaches home point, before starts lending, the obstacle avoidance turns off completely.
"Obstacle avoidance will be disabled in landing" I am using the Smart Controller.

Regards
2019-10-19
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>
United States

xxjaroslav Posted at 10-19 06:56
Hello, after this update I have issues with TRH. When the drone reaches home point, before starts lending, the obstacle avoidance turns off completely.
"Obstacle avoidance will be disabled in landing" I am using the Smart Controller.

It has always done this...on all fw. It displays that message when it starts landing process.....u are fine
2019-10-19
Use props
djiuser_ELNf7VxUKEtr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 280269 ft
United States

Mavic 2 Zoom  DJI Go 4 Ver 4.3.24
Trying to sync records and I have recently received:
Sync Failed. Retry
Is this a systemwide problem?  Or anyone else?
Thanks in advance
2019-10-22
Use props
TVOD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1680082 ft
United Kingdom

TVOD Posted at 9-28 00:43
Hi I updated my drone to the new firmware and still used my SC everything seems ok up to now with the Drone and the batteries self discharge after 5 days, which i expected. i have seen other SC users on another post updating their SC by downloading the Android update and installing through their SD card, and they say it works, so i'm guessing that the delay with the SC firmware update is a Android issue. I am really disappointed with DJI. i am sure my SC did not have a time issue when i first bought it, nor did the screen black out randomly which mine does from time to time.I am Going back to my old controller until they sort the SC.

changed my mind and installed the latest go4 app on the SC, still finding the active track useless, i had the drone following me down a hill on my bike and when i stopped to turn round a go back up the hill the drone lost me, it was a wide open moor in lancashire uk so nothing to get in the way drone was about 30 foot in the air i had a bright green coat on, and it lost me,
2019-10-27
Use props
djiuser_OIzrqRDGInB8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3970 ft
United States

fans8b803c8d Posted at 9-16 06:35
This looks like a worthy and welcome firmware update DJI, thanks.

However, it's unavailable to those of us who use the Smart Controller since it requires the GO4 app ver. 4.3.24 and the Smart Controller still uses ver. 4.3.16 and there appears (as of this writing) there is still no update for this.

I was able to install play store on my smart controller to latest dji go 4 firmware and still dont have some functions
2019-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules