ESC status error from battery issue
1648 3 2019-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Medic552
lvl.1
Flight distance : 40978 ft

Greetings:

I apologize if this is posted already,  I am new to the forum and did my best to search.  A very weird thing happened with out new DJI Mavoc 2 enterprise dual.  We did all the preflight checks, confirmed a good home point and started to fly.  As the drone was hovering between two buildings the controller started to go a little crazy with warning and a ESC status error popped up.  The drone went hard right and into the side of the building,  Thank god I was close and able to grab it as it struck.  No damage to the drone other than some scrapes on the props.  

Restarted the drone and controller and the same status error came up and would not allow the drone to fly,  Restarted everything 3 times same error and would not fly.  Did some trouble shooting on my own and used the other two batteries that cam with the drone and the drone flew fine with no error.  This has continued. I have the batteries marked A, B, C.... Every time I place the A battery in the drone this error comes up.  I contacted tech support and they never heard of this error hapening while in flight.  They suggested I reload the firmware with that battery in the drone.  I did so and it did work for about a week.  Now the same error pops up pre flight any time the A battery is fully charged.  If I discharge the A battery down to the 3 light mark by charging my cell phone with it the error does not come up.  

Im calling today to get make a warranty claim on the battery but wanted to share this with everyone to see if they had this happen or have heard of it happening.  As well as warn people that it did.  Since the "Crash". I have flown the drone probably 30 times without a repeat of the incident.

2019-9-16
Use props
Gimpy
lvl.4

I've heard of ESC errors and battery errors, but I don't recall hearing of an ESC error triggered by a particular battery or charge level. The near-crash you described is consistent with what I'd expect from an ESC problem, but I wouldn't expect it to be battery dependent.

As for DJI tech support saying they've never heard of an ESC error happening in flight, that's a strange comment, because the only time I've heard of or would expect an ESC error to occur would be during a flight. Anyway, I think you did the right thing by contacting DJI, and my guess is that you'll eventually end up getting a warranty replacement.

Can you post a link to the log from the flight you described by uploading it to PhantomHelp using these instructions?
2019-9-16
Use props
Medic552
lvl.1
Flight distance : 40978 ft

Gimpy Posted at 9-16 06:53
I've heard of ESC errors and battery errors, but I don't recall hearing of an ESC error triggered by a particular battery or charge level. The near-crash you described is consistent with what I'd expect from an ESC problem, but I wouldn't expect it to be battery dependent.

As for DJI tech support saying they've never heard of an ESC error happening in flight, that's a strange comment, because the only time I've heard of or would expect an ESC error to occur would be during a flight. Anyway, I think you did the right thing by contacting DJI, and my guess is that you'll eventually end up getting a warranty replacement.

I will try to do that.  The problem is they told me I have to send everything back to them and everything was formated.  I have the Crystal Sky monitor so I am assumming it should be in there somewhere.  The crash happened a few weeks ago so I will try and locate it.  It was very weird to tell you the truth. I was nervous after it happened to fly again with it, especially during the trouble shooting phase...  I am in the process of using the device and getting my 107 for work so we can use it for TEMS and SAR.  Both myself and another gentleman are federaly certified thermographers.  I see alot of complaints about the Thermal imaging but so far it seems to work fine for what we need it.  You just have to know what you are looking for with changes in emissivity.  
2019-9-16
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>

Maybe that particular battery is being overcharged which makes sense and why u would get an esc error( to much voltage) so what is voltage when fully charged in go 4 app? U can enable this in battery settings
2019-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules