Osmo Mobile 3 & Osmo Mimo App
4990 6 2019-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
turbopro101
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61906 ft

Hello. I have a xiaomi redmi note 7 smartphone. I just received my Osmo Mobile 3. The DJI Mimo app is using the stock camera app. Can I switch it to either Open Camera or Google Camera.  The stock camera only allows me to shoot in 1080p and has limited options, but the Open Camera and Google Camera apps allow me to shoot in 4k and also have many more capabilities.  Thank you for your help.
2019-9-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day turbopro101. I am sorry for the trouble. Upon checking the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. I am sorry to say that this mobile device is still not yet recommended for your DJI Osmo Mobile 3 as of the moment. There is a  possibility that the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 will be able to work with the said gimbal. However, since it is not yet optimized with the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and with the DJI Mimo application we cannot guaranteed if all the functionality of the said mobile device will work when in use. We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any inconvenience and any problem. Thank you.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ibility_List_en.pdf
2019-9-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. You could use the built-in camera app or other camera on our mobile device whilst the Osmo Mobile 3 would only serves as your camera. However, if you would like to use other camera with our DJI Mimo app, I'm afraid that this would not possible. We do appreciate your understanding.
2019-9-16
Use props
turbopro101
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61906 ft

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-16 08:11
Hello and good day turbopro101. I am sorry for the trouble. Upon checking the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. I am sorry to say that this mobile device is still not yet recommended for your DJI Osmo Mobile 3 as of the moment. There is a  possibility that the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 will be able to work with the said gimbal. However, since it is not yet optimized with the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and with the DJI Mimo application we cannot guaranteed if all the functionality of the said mobile device will work when in use. We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any inconvenience and any problem. Thank you.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Osmo_Mobile_3/Osmo_Mobile_3_Mobile_Phone_Compatibility_List_en.pdf

Can you let me know when the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 is optimized with the DJI Mimo app. Thanks again for your help.
2019-9-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

turbopro101 Posted at 9-16 13:48
Can you let me know when the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 is optimized with the DJI Mimo app. Thanks again for your help.

You are very much welcome turbopro101. As of the moment we do not have any update information with regards to the said matter when will the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 will be added on the said list. But rest assured that our DJI R&D team are continuously testing multiple devices to be added in the said list in the future. Again I am sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and for your support.
2019-9-17
Use props
SN47
lvl.2
Flight distance : 457021 ft
France

Hey turbopro, DJI will never make any effort to work on Xiami phones, you have to be aware of that. They already do the minimal effort for the few premium Android phones compatible (mainly Samsung), and their applications (Mimo, Fly, Go 4) are very limited with Android whereas they are optimized for IOS.
That is sad but true : if you want to enjoy at 100% DJI products, the only solution is to buy Apple ...
2020-5-3
Use props
djiuser_xOFVYqj3ZnWs
New
Philippines

I just got my Osmo 3 combo delivered earlier today but I also have the same problem with my Xiaomi Redmi note 9 pro. It's a 64mp phone and a 4k capable camera but when I'm using the DJI Mimo app. I was surprised that the resolution is just 1080 and 720. All of the features are good. But it could be better if you update the app so it could be more Xiaomi friendly. Especially to Xiaomi redmi 9 pro. Thanks guys.
2020-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules