Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
NEW P4RTK FIRMWARE announced in Pro Systems Forum
6161 33 2019-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1093865 ft
  • >>>

New FW was released today for the P4RTK/D-RTK 2 but for some reason DJI only posted the announcement in the Pro Systems Forum. Looks like we might be getting "mode 3" and some other improvements finally!

Overview:
  • Date: 2019.09.16
  • Aircraft Firmware: v02.02.0011
  • Remote Controller Firmware: Phantom 4 RTK Remote Controller: v02.02.0014
  • Phantom 4 RTK (SDK) Remote Controller: v02.02.0011
  • D-RTK 2 Mobile Station Firmware: v02.02.0012
  • DJI GS RTK App: v2.1.0
  • DJI Assistant 2 For Phantom: v2.0.7
  • DJI Assistant 2 For MG: v2.0.13

What’s New?
  • Added a Block Segmentation function to divide large mapping areas into multiple missions that can be executed using single aircraft or multi aircraft in Multi-Aircraft Control mode.
  • Added altitude optimization for orthogonal operations. When enabled in the app, the aircraft will fly to the center of the operation area to collect a set of oblique images after the flight to optimize the altitude accuracy.
  • Added multiple flight modes (for Japan only). When enabled in the aircraft settings in the app, users can switch the flight mode using the flight mode switch on the remote controller. The P and F positions on the remote controller are for P-mode, and the A position is for A-mode.
  • D-RTK 2 High Precision GNSS Mobile Station can now be used as an RTK rover.
  • Added Cloud PPK Service to provide high precision positioning computation (for Europe only, Russia excluded). Users can upload satellite observations files and raw PPK files to the cloud server for post processing and view the results of the PPK calculation.
  • Added aircraft altitude comparison in Multi-Aircraft Control mode to optimize obstacle sensing among multiple aircraft. When the altitude difference between aircraft is more than 5 m, criss-cross flight is supported.
  • Added a data copy function to the D-RTK 2 Mobile Station. Connect the D-RTK 2 Mobile Station to the computer to copy the PPK data directly.
  • Optimized Waypoint operations. When RTK is enabled and it is working properly, users can choose to perform missions using an absolute altitude. Users can select between absolute altitude and relative altitude when starting the mission.
  • Optimized UI for Terrain Awareness mode.
  • Adjusted the restricted zones for country borders to improve the accuracy of the flight limits.
  • Fixed the issue where the Network RTK was unstable in some regions when using a Huawei dongle.
  • Fixed the issue where new firmware could not be downloaded in the DJI GS RTK app. When using an old version of the app, this issue can be fixed by: going to the main screen, tapping Menu, then Settings, Apply to All, Explorer, Internal Memory, and entering the path DJI\firm to delete the old firmware file.

Notes:
  • After updating this firmware for the Phantom 4 RTK Remote Controller, the remote controller can only be used with the Phantom 4 RTK aircraft.
  • The firmware for the Phantom 4 RTK Remote Controller and D-RTK 2 Mobile Station can only be updated using the DJI GS RTK app.
  • Make sure that the firmware for the aircraft, remote controller and D-RTK 2 Mobile Station is all up-to-date. Otherwise, they will not work together.
  • Using this firmware with a version of DJI Terra older than v1.2.0. is not recommended, as some functions will not work properly.

2019-9-16
Use props
Vorlauf
lvl.2

Thanks Patiam! Updating now.
2019-9-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day patiam. Thank you for sharing this information and for sharing this update with us. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-9-16
Use props
nota1980
lvl.1

I can't update the RC. He gives me the following message: up to 3 firmware can be dowlond. please return to the list page and deleted unwanted.
I go back to the firmware list and only the current one appears, and it doesn't let me delete it. How can I install it?
2019-9-16
Use props
Vorlauf
lvl.2

nota1980 Posted at 9-16 22:21
I can't update the RC. He gives me the following message: up to 3 firmware can be dowlond. please return to the list page and deleted unwanted.
I go back to the firmware list and only the current one appears, and it doesn't let me delete it. How can I install it?

Make sure the drone is turned off when trying to update the controller.
2019-9-17
Use props
DJI4Survey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6484478 ft

Updating now.... Looks to be some really good additions.  Hopefully there is some documentation to come along with them.

Was anyone at Intergeo ?  Any insight given when this stuff was announced?
2019-9-17
Use props
DJI4Survey
lvl.4

Wonder how long until the firmware is available through DJI Assistant.  Hit and miss downloading through the app at the moment.
2019-9-17
Use props
DJI4Survey
lvl.4

"Added altitude optimization for orthogonal operations. When enabled in the app, the aircraft will fly to the center of the operation area to collect a set of oblique images after the flight to optimize the altitude accuracy."

Could this be DJI's solution to the focal length issue at varying heights......................so much hope.
2019-9-17
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1093865 ft
  • >>>

DJI4Survey Posted at 9-17 15:46
"Added altitude optimization for orthogonal operations. When enabled in the app, the aircraft will fly to the center of the operation area to collect a set of oblique images after the flight to optimize the altitude accuracy."

Could this be DJI's solution to the focal length issue at varying heights......................so much hope.

Guess we'll see...

Agreed, there's a lot of promise(s) in this update!
2019-9-17
Use props
jivago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23671 ft

https://www.dji.com/mobile/phantom-4-rtk/info#downloads
2019-9-19
Use props
choppedxs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 602090 ft

So I ran the update. What a pain! The RC update is soooo slow now that you have to use the app to update. The drone updates through DJI Ass 2 fine. As far as the base is concerned there seems to be no way to update via app so tried through DJIA2. This works but the latest version is 12 not 14 as in the release notes. Is the this a typo or has someone figured out how to update to 14 via the app somehow?
2019-9-23
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft

News for Rtk Users
2019-9-24
Use props
DJI4Survey
lvl.4

Multispectral - Well that came out of the blue!  Built in sun reflectance sensor is massive if it works!  Going to airworks next year, hate getting this stuff without any context.

Cheers Nebuchadnezzar
2019-9-24
Use props
choppedxs
lvl.2

DJI4Survey Posted at 9-24 15:22
Multispectral - Well that came out of the blue!  Built in sun reflectance sensor is massive if it works!  Going to airworks next year, hate getting this stuff without any context.

Cheers Nebuchadnezzar

So can anyone  confirm if the base staion is running software version 12 or 14? Someone out there must have done the update
2019-9-24
Use props
choppedxs
lvl.2

I tried terrain mode and while its nice to see the DEM it would be nicer if we could also turn it off and on as otherwise you can no longer see the image underneath. Maybe I am missing a setting somewhere to turn this opaque or off somewhere
2019-9-24
Use props
John Simmons
lvl.1

Is there a trick to getting this update to upload?  I have tried numerous times and it has failed every time.  Updated my DJI assistant 2 and it connects fine.  Gets to 99% then fails.
2019-10-2
Use props
choppedxs
lvl.2

choppedxs Posted at 9-24 18:20
So can anyone  confirm if the base staion is running software version 12 or 14? Someone out there must have done the update

To quote Pink Floyd "is there anybody out there?". Can anyone confirm the latest firmware version for DRTK2. The release notes say 14 but when you update it is 12.
Anyone??
2019-10-2
Use props
DJI4Survey
lvl.4

I am using 12 and am having no issues.

I do not have the option to upgrade to 14 through DJI Assistant 2 yet.
2019-10-2
Use props
LYVFD8142
lvl.4

nota1980 Posted at 9-16 22:21
I go back to the firmware list and only the current one appears, and it doesn't let me delete it. How can I install it?

Did you ever get past this?

This happened to me and I had to connect to the RC via a USB connection and go into the directory and remove old firmwares, I created a Old Firmware directory in the root and just moved them in there. Once that was done I was able to get around the "up to 3 firmware can be dowlond. please return to the list page and deleted unwanted."

2019-10-7
Use props
SkySite
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3757 ft

"Added altitude optimization for orthogonal operations. When enabled in the app, the aircraft will fly to the center of the operation area to collect a set of oblique images after the flight to optimize the altitude accuracy." Anyone get any results from this?
2019-10-7
Use props
mamas_n
lvl.2

SkySite Posted at 10-7 05:38
"Added altitude optimization for orthogonal operations. When enabled in the app, the aircraft will fly to the center of the operation area to collect a set of oblique images after the flight to optimize the altitude accuracy." Anyone get any results from this?

It says when enabled in the app, I haven't found anywhere that option. Anyone knows where to enable it?
2019-10-7
Use props
LYVFD8142
lvl.4

This Firmware version still didn't fix the DJI Terra Home Point issue for those using Terra
2019-10-7
Use props
DJI4Survey
lvl.4

mamas_n Posted at 10-7 05:52
It says when enabled in the app, I haven't found anywhere that option. Anyone knows where to enable it?

Hey Mamas,

It is a toggle button when doing your flight planning.

If you are not seeing it, make sure the RC firmware upgrade has worked.

Cheers
2019-10-7
Use props
mamas_n
lvl.2

DJI4Survey Posted at 10-7 22:44
Hey Mamas,

It is a toggle button when doing your flight planning.

Ok thanks found it, I always fly 3d planning so I didn't see it. The toggle is only available for 2d planning.
2019-10-9
Use props
mbuonanno
lvl.4

Italy

Hi there,

last week I was able to upgrade the D-RTK2 Mobile Station Firmware from version v02.02.0012 to v02.02.0014. In the next days I will test the new features described in the "PHANTOM 4 RTK Release Notes" document. ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... tes_en_20190916.pdf )

I did the firmware upgrade using the DJI GS RTK app, because DJI Assistant 2 (v.2.0.8) is only able to upgrade up to v02.02.0012.

The procedure to follow is the same (with the appropriate changes) to upgrade the firmware of the aircraft and of the remote controller described into the "Phantom_4_RTK_User_Manual_v1.4__EN" (page 68 - Upgrading the Firmware).

1. Power on the remote controller and the D-RTK2. Ensure that the remote controller has access to the Internet.
2. Connect the USB-C port on the remote controller to the USB-C port on the D-RTK2 via a USB-C OTG cable and a USB-to-USB-C cable.
3. There will be a prompt (Device Firmware) on the lower right corner in the DJI GS RTK app if there is new firmware. Tap the text to enter firmware page.
4. Tap the Check button.
5. Under "D-RTK 2 Mobile Station" tap Update to enter firmware information page and follow instructions to download and install the update.
6. After successfully completing the update, restart the remote controller and and the D-RTK2 manually.

Good upgrade to everybody !

Maurizio
2019-11-4
Use props
myke
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37244 ft
Indonesia

The base station software is actually Mobile Station: 02.02.0014 and if you dont get that onto your base things dont work.
2019-11-4
Use props
mbuonanno
lvl.4

Italy

myke@enmintech.com Posted at 11-4 06:00
The base station software is actually Mobile Station: 02.02.0014 and if you dont get that onto your base things dont work.

Hi Myke,

do you mean that the installed firmware must be v.02.02.0014 both on the P4RTK Remote Controller and the D-RTK 2 Mobile Station ?

At present the configuration of our P4RTK system is:
•Aircraft Firmware: v02.02.0011
•Remote Controller Firmware: Phantom 4 RTK Remote Controller: v02.02.0014
•D-RTK 2 Mobile Station Firmware: v02.02.0014
•DJI GS RTK App: v2.1.1
•DJI Assistant 2 For Phantom: v2.0.8
2019-11-4
Use props
DJI4Survey
lvl.4
Indonesia

Are you guys still constantly getting firmware warnings due to Aircraft not matching RC firmware version?

It annoys me (cannot use the actual language in the forum) and DJI need to sort it out.
2019-11-14
Use props
dodger_rog
lvl.4

Australia

One of the points in the release notes for this upgrade says "Optimized UI for Terrain Awareness mode."

I haven't upgraded the firmware as yet, but was wondering for those that have, what has changed in the Terrain Awareness Mode?

Have DJI added the ability to import KMLs over the top of DSMs?

Also, has anyone used the Block Segmentation function?

Keen to hear any thoughts/comments before I install...

2019-11-26
Use props
DJI4Survey
lvl.4
Australia

Hey Dodger,

You cannot import KMLs over the top of DSMs, but you can now draw boundaries onto the elevation model.  You can, kinda, use the elevation model as a base map. Although depending on the height variance in your surface it can be hard to navigate.

The actual terrain model functionality is not super intelligent and working in the mining environment with shear faces, it scares the pants off me.  So we have shelved it until it is refined a bit more.

Block Segmentation we haven't touched.

2019-11-26
Use props
dodger_rog
lvl.4

Australia

DJI4Survey Posted at 11-26 19:17
Hey Dodger,

You cannot import KMLs over the top of DSMs, but you can now draw boundaries onto the elevation model.  You can, kinda, use the elevation model as a base map. Although depending on the height variance in your surface it can be hard to navigate.

Thanks DJI4Survey.

I was hoping that they had added this functionality. I do have a bit of a clunky workaround which involves importing a kml into the standard 2D mapping mode, taking a screenshot of each of the corners of the polygon and then matching those corners when I manually input the survey area in the Terrain Awareness mode.

I'm not sure having the DSM visible would be an advantage for me (other than knowing that the elevation data has been imported correctly). Do you know whether you can turn off the visibility of the DSM so that you can see the map imagery underneath?
2019-11-27
Use props
IRDAC
lvl.1

DR Congo

J'ai un drone P4RTK avec sa base station D-RTK 2. Svp, quelqu'un dans ce forum peut-il m'aider à savoir comment puis-je utiliser la D-RTK 2 comme différentiel mobile RTK ?
I have a P4RTK + R-RTK 2 mobole station. Please, could someone in this forum help me know how to use D-RTK 2 as a mobile station ?  
2020-8-9
Use props
mbuonanno
lvl.4

Italy

IRDAC Posted at 8-9 03:14
J'ai un drone P4RTK avec sa base station D-RTK 2. Svp, quelqu'un dans ce forum peut-il m'aider à savoir comment puis-je utiliser la D-RTK 2 comme différentiel mobile RTK ?
I have a P4RTK + R-RTK 2 mobole station. Please, could someone in this forum help me know how to use D-RTK 2 as a mobile station ?

Hi IRDAC,

you can have a look at the following threads:

NEW D-RTK 2 "User Manual"!!!
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=188122

New D-RTK 2 Firmware Released
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=215468

Cheers,
Maurizio
2020-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now