RoboMaster app and Chromebooks.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BGA
lvl.4

So I was puzzled and annoyed by the fact that the RoboMaster app is not available for ChromeBooks (most recent ChromeBooks have full Android apps support) so I decided to try to figure it out. I downloaded the APK for the app and reverse-engineered it to extract the manifest file. Then I compared the features it expected with the features available in ChromeBooks and.... Bingo. I figured it out.

The RoboMaster app requires support for USB accessory devices (android.hardware.usb.host):

<uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.usb.accessory" android:required="true"/>

This is the only feature that is explicitly required by the app. Currently it seems to be used only by the Gamepad integration which, for obvious reasons, is not much relevant when Running the app on a ChormeBook. The only side effect of removing this requirement would be to allow the app to be installed on phones/tablets that do not support USB Host Mode (which is not really that relevant if you do not have a Gamepad).

Anyway, to fix this and allow the app to work with ChormeBooks, the only thing needed is for this uses-feature line to be removed from the app manifest.

Here is the official information on ChromeBook app compatibility:

https://developer.android.com/topic/arc/manifest

Moderators, can you pass this up to your development team and ask them to consider removing this requirement?

2019-9-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day BGA. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this information for the DJI Robomaster S1. Rest assure that I will cascade this thread and these information to the designated DJI department for further development of the DJI Robomaster S1. Thank you so much for supporting DJI.
2019-9-16
Use props
Malibu Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143898 ft

I use APKPure to download apps that are not in the play store.  I have RoboMaster S1 loaded and working on my Amazon Fire HD.

2019-9-17
Use props
BGA
lvl.4

Malibu Aerial Posted at 9-17 10:57
I use APKPure to download apps that are not in the play store.  I have RoboMaster S1 loaded and working on my Amazon Fire HD.

[view_image]

That does not work with ChromeBooks because you can't install non play store apps on it.
2019-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules