Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
AirSense - or not !
1753 4 2019-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Intrakota
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13607077 ft

I have a great deal of difficulty with this forum, it’s not the easiest to navigate nor to understand, anyway -
I have a Mavic Pro and a Mavic Enterprise Dual, the later of which as we know has AirSense. When I first flew the Enterprise at the end of June 2019 I received various notifications from other aircraft in the local vicinity but over time and since the latest upgrade of the DJI Pilot app things have gone very quiet, I don’t appear to be getting notifications on the screen of my Smart Controller, if I click the blue AirSense symbol on the top line of the screen it opens up a window showing a few aircraft it can see but as I fly a few miles away from our small local airport which has a lot of light aircraft in the air I’m getting nothing, no messages, no notifications of any kind. Has anything changed in the latest version of DJI Pilot (V1.5) with regards to AirSense, has it been disabled for a while, have I inadvertently turned it off or disabled notifications. The Aircraft and Smart Controller are all up to date and it fly’s ok, I have reloaded the Smart Controller software again from the website but this made no difference whatsoever.

Regards and thank you for any clarification as to what I am doing wrong.

2019-9-16
Use props
Gimpy
lvl.4

I don't own an M2E or use Pilot, so I can't comment on those directly. I do know, though, that AirSense will only be able to detect aircraft that are equipped with ADS-B Out, and many small planes still don't have it despite the FAA mandate for it to be installed by the end of this year to fly in most controlled airspace. Since you described the nearby airfield as a "small local airport", I'm guessing you aren't in controlled airspace, in which case it may be that there really isn't anything for AirSense to detect, but if you're in controlled airspace and still aren't "seeing" anything, then yes, there may be a problem there.
2019-9-17
Use props
NUtwist
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1621683 ft

I am using the M2E and have run into the same issue with Pilot and AirSense started a little earlier than June.  An aircraft has to be Dangerously Close to get a notification.  Probably less than 5km.  I tap the window occasionally when flying to get the distance readings.  Once a helicopter tour small aircraft was within 1km before I realized it was there.
2019-9-17
Use props
Intrakota
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13607077 ft

Thanks for the input, everything helps. I should say that I am in the UK. I’ve been out today and flown, admittedly I always use the camera view so I can see where I am going, having said that I used to get quite a lot of warning messages displayed on the Smart Controller screen, I did get one warning appear about 2 weeks ago but the number of advisories has diminished noticeably, I usually fly at an altitude of 100’ and at 170’ when necessary. If I click on the Radar bottom left corner I get a map view, a few aircraft do appear on the map view but I hardly ever fly using that display so the main complaint is lack of notifications while using camera view, maybe it is that AirSense has been desensitised, personally I would prefer more rather than less advisories or a way to adjust the ADSB Rx sensitivity.

Thanks again for your input boys and girls.
2019-9-17
Use props
NUtwist
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1621683 ft

As far as I know there is no adjustment.  Hope someone with more extensive knowledge pipes in.  Most of my jobs require 107m, I do like having less notifications.  Don't fiy near airports but do fly near hospitals.  However; I would like notification of all aircraft flying in my direction within 10km.  Those glancing the rim or at high altitude I don't need to know about. Also it would be unusual to not hear an aircraft before it got close enough to be in danger if we are flying line of sight.  Those who test the range of the Mavic are a different story.  I rarely encounter aircraft so it's not that big of a deal but it only takes once to be a really big deal.
2019-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules