Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
FPV Air Unit SBUS No Signal
10622 15 2019-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vannak
lvl.1

I bought the DJI FPV System one set including remote. I activated the goggle and remote with no problem. I soldered the Air Unit to my iFlight SucceX Micro F4. then  i set it up in the betaflight. I followed the instructions from experts on Youtube. I opened the port Serial RX for the SBUS and enabled the SBUS in reciever tap, but somehow i can only receive Video but no signal from remote. In the receiver tab in betaflight, it shows nothing moving (no signal received). One thing i did differently from those instructions by the Expert in Youtube is that i power the air unit up by using the power from battery pad directly because there is no 9V output pad on my flight controller. Is it the issue? if it is then i think the air unit would have already burn, but it is not. i still can see the video on the goggle. Please help!
2019-9-16
Use props
FPV Thailand
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1206775 ft

I had the same issue. Until I checked normal in the Goggles' device menu instead of DJI HDL 7ms protocol. If I switch it to normal mode it works. Hope that helps
2019-9-16
Use props
FPV Thailand
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1206775 ft

I had the same issue. Until I checked "normal" in the Goggles' device menu instead of "DJI HDL 7ms" protocol. If I switch it to normal mode it works. Hope that helps
2019-9-16
Use props
vannak
lvl.1

FPV Thailand Posted at 9-16 23:56
I had the same issue. Until I checked normal in the Goggles' device menu instead of DJI HDL 7ms protocol. If I switch it to normal mode it works. Hope that helps

it is "normal". and even if I wanted to switch to DJI HDL protocol, I couldn't. As soon as I selected on DJI HDL, it reversed back to normal protocol. Not sure why... My friend and I bought this DJI FPV system hoping to racing in HD view goggle but we both stuck with no signal from remote control. So sad...
2019-9-17
Use props
vannak
lvl.1

can I use the air unit with 5V pad?
2019-9-17
Use props
Charmande
lvl.3
Flight distance : 299459 ft

vannak Posted at 9-17 06:45
can I use the air unit with 5V pad?

DJI's information for the air unit says Input Power        7.4-17.6 V, about 4-9 W. So I imagine 5 V may not get the job done. Did you make sure to sync the remote to the air unit? You mentioned you registered it but you also have to pair the air unit to the remote.
2019-9-17
Use props
vannak
lvl.1

Charmande Posted at 9-17 08:23
DJI's information for the air unit says Input Power        7.4-17.6 V, about 4-9 W. So I imagine 5 V may not get the job done. Did you make sure to sync the remote to the air unit? You mentioned you registered it but you also have to pair the air unit to the remote.

i did it twice and made sure it connected with each other. if using battery pad to power up air unit is okay, then i don't know nothing else i did wrong.
2019-9-17
Use props
YKM
lvl.3
  • >>>

Since the SBUS output signal is inverted , make sure that you connect the SBUS wire to your FC SBUS pad.
2019-9-20
Use props
djiuser_tCHKKpKjZh5l
New

I’m re-hashing this... This Iflight F7 just wont play nice to the Dji Air unit ...

Yellow to RX1 ( receive ) config turn on RX slider on Uart 1 / 2 / 3 ...then tried moving the wire to other pads no luck,
on the receiver page, yes all updated my solution for power was a Matek power distribution board that can
Give it 12v nice and clean... lower stack feeds from the power lead,... sooo I’m ordering a different board
Most likely a JB board... sure it will work, dual Gyros agOT me ...
2019-9-23
Use props
SuperPilot1337
lvl.1

> Please help

I actually had that (no SBUS inputs visible from the remote, an F7 board).

What fixed that for me is I moved from one UART on my board to another. Another one worked. You can use any as long as you configure ports in Betaflight accordingly. In my case, I moved to UART2.

2019-9-24
Use props
Albert90
lvl.1

vannak Posted at 9-17 06:34
it is "normal". and even if I wanted to switch to DJI HDL protocol, I couldn't. As soon as I selected on DJI HDL, it reversed back to normal protocol. Not sure why... My friend and I bought this DJI FPV system hoping to racing in HD view goggle but we both stuck with no signal from remote control. So sad...

Hi,

When trying to select the dji hdl setting in the goggle settings the two options normal and dji hdl jump like crazy and I cant pick one of them, any ideas?

I am using the t motor f4 and f55 pro II; my remote controller doesn't connect to the FC, swapped air unit, didn't change anything, FC is connected the right way with R5 being SBUS, and SBUS enabled and ports assigned correctly. Firm wares are updated and all parts are activated and linked properly.

Cheers!
2019-9-27
Use props
fans8afb2797
New

South Korea

oh,,, i did it. i had exactly same problem as you. i coundn't find any dji protocol on goggles and betaflight. on goggles, i set normal. and on betaflight serial based-sbus.

and, i think the reason i coundn't bind was this, the port. the second port from the top rx on! and then save and connect. i could see the graphs moving on transmitter menu!
2019-11-29
Use props
djiuser_4SEAUgu3DQ2p
New

United States

I know this is a little late, but for anyone stumbling across this, I ran into the same problem and found out that the air unit uses some special sbus protocol. In the CLI you need to make sure you have set sbus_baud_fast = ON
2020-3-6
Use props
HushThatPanda
lvl.2

United States

I had the same issue. Updated to 1.0.4 and using a Succex-D twinG F7 20x20 stack. Ended up just having to switch the SBUS protocol in the goggles back to Fast and the radio works again.
2020-3-10
Use props
Eric Bartolo
First Officer
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

vannak Posted at 2019-9-17 06:34
it is "normal". and even if I wanted to switch to DJI HDL protocol, I couldn't. As soon as I selected on DJI HDL, it reversed back to normal protocol. Not sure why... My friend and I bought this DJI FPV system hoping to racing in HD view goggle but we both stuck with no signal from remote control. So sad...

had a similar problem and this solution worked for me, thank you!!
2020-5-15
Use props
farthing
New

United States

I went from crossfire to dji. I had to change this to off -   set srxl2_baud_fast = on

don't forget to save.
after you change it to off if it still doesn't work you  need to  

SET SBUS_BAUD_FAST = OFF  

save
then you can switch it back to ON once everything is working.  i get frustrated with this stuff too. it's called paying your dues. it will make you think more about the how and why they did it this way.
set serialrx_provider = SBUS
set srxl2_baud_fast = OFF
set sbus_baud_fast = ON

2022-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules