iPhone DJI Mimo/Osmo Mobile 3 Videos - Download to PC
9636 4 2019-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chi-Ho Lam
lvl.2

Hey everyone

Have got the Osmo Mobile 3 and using the DJI Mimo to record.  I am struggling to download recorded videos (recorded using DJI MIMO) to my (windows) PC.
Can anyone recommend the easiest way to do so?

• Whilst I can see the videos on the iPhone photos app on the phone, they don't appear in the iCloud Photos (in the cloud) where I can see 'normal' videos taken using the iPhone camera app.
  • Plugging the iPhone to a PC via a cable doesn't seem to work (hard to find the videos, and when I can find it, it times out on copying)
  • Finding the videos on the iPhone photos app, and then Add to iCloud Drive is extremely slow (pushing to cloud), and also seems to get stuck on 'Waiting to Upload'
  • Selecting the video on the iPhone photos app and upload to Dropbox fails (but I think that's a Dropbox problem).

So - anyone has a standard and simply workflow transferring Osmo Mobile 3/DJI MIMO videos off the iPhone to a PC?

Thanks

2019-9-17
Use props
hunter.england
lvl.2

Try Google photo's, works well for me.
2019-9-17
Use props
Chi-Ho Lam
lvl.2

hunter.england Posted at 9-17 07:29
Try Google photo's, works well for me.

Is this on iOS/iPhone?  These are 4K videos, and Google Photos does not upload in full res.  I know I can make it do that, but then I believe it changes it on my other phone and impacts on total available capacity in Google Photos.

Did you try any direct method - like a lightning cable etc, or USB drive?
2019-9-17
Use props
FarmerMac
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1215079 ft
  • >>>

When recorded with Mimo app, then save/export to camera roll.
From your pc, log in to iCloud and from there download the videos. That’s the way I do it
2019-9-17
Use props
Chi-Ho Lam
lvl.2

FarmerMac Posted at 9-17 10:41
When recorded with Mimo app, then save/export to camera roll.
From your pc, log in to iCloud and from there download the videos. That’s the way I do it

Ah! That's where I am missing something - my normal videos taken on the iOS camera appear in the camera roll and in my iCloud (so I can download them from iCloud Photos).

For the DJI MIMO recorded videos, even though I can see them in my camera roll, they don't appear in the iCloud Photos.  Did you need to set anything for the Mimo videos to get uploaded automatically in iCloud Cloud?  Do they appear in Media Types "Videos"

Note - I can manually add them to iCloud Drive (which takes forever for some reason - waiting to upload - but they eventually get up there)  - can take up to 24 hours
2019-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules